How about a club order...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys. I inquired about import license.
The fee for hardware part is Rs.600+350+25.
Renewal is Rs.600.

About club order. Unless someone takes initiative its not gona happen ;)
If you guys really wana order something then just decide a date say 15 days from now. Someone will have to take responsibility of ordering. Other people decide what they want to buy in say 7 days and dispatch the payments to the dude who is gona order. He will order the stuff once he gets the payment till the deadline using his credit card and everyone splits the shipping charges which is not much anyway.

Unless someone puts a deadline this will just remain a dream. What do you guys say?
I dont mind taking responsibility of ordering stuff, or one of the mods can take it.
And we do this say every alternate month or after 2 months at a fixed date.

Hey, once we have the license then we need not pay any custom duties on any hardware we buy from abroad? Or do we have a limit (say u can purchase hardware for so n so amount in a year)? Also, how do we prove (if need be) that we are purchasing them for our own use and not for resale?

funkymonkey said:
ok guys. I inquired about import license.

The fee for hardware part is Rs.600+350+25.

Renewal is Rs.600.

About club order. Unless someone takes initiative its not gona happen ;)

If you guys really wana order something then just decide a date say 15 days from now. Someone will have to take responsibility of ordering. Other people decide what they want to buy in say 7 days and dispatch the payments to the dude who is gona order. He will order the stuff once he gets the payment till the deadline using his credit card and everyone splits the shipping charges which is not much anyway.

Unless someone puts a deadline this will just remain a dream. What do you guys say?

I dont mind taking responsibility of ordering stuff, or one of the mods can take it.

And we do this say every alternate month or after 2 months at a fixed date.

i vote either Funky or switch for the ordering part :D

lets say.... May 20 is the deadline for ordering...okay???

If you have License then its easier to get the items cleared from customs. And items on which no duty is there is easier to get cleared.
In any case you have to pay duty if applicable. But all you need to show them is one piece of paper ( you can even send the xerox by post or courier to them) and thats it, rather than convincing them or without providing justification of import etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back