How do people manage with Ear Pods ?

I have the Galaxy Buds Live, and they work great. The ANC is weird, but effective, and they are uncomfortable as heck in the ears. The bean shape physically hurts my ears. Do they fall out? NO. Can I wear them for hours together? NO. Can I use them to answer calls? YES. Music quality? Great, not outstanding.
You must not be wearing them right or you ear is too small for them. Which is it ?

These are half-in ear buds. They are designed to be worn for long hours without discomfort. For people who don't like in ears.

Watch this as its a bit tricky getting them in properly and sammy's documentation is incorrect in some parts.

Buds live has bone conduction microphones. Wow! that would explain why they call quality sounds so good.
Okay.
I saw sale on buds live ...wonder if it is better than pro?
Watch this

They have their own use cases. When you need to be aware of your surroundings or don't need to block out the world then live is better. I imagine it would be easier to eat with the live on than any inears. Easier to take on and take off. Comfort if your ears are not small will be a big plus with the live. Guy said he found it uncomfortable to wear the pro more than an hour.

I'm inclined to pick up the live first because its so unique and maybe later even the pro.

Last edited:
Read a comment or two about how people hate on anything that is wired, and I can say, you don't have to hate something in order to love something else.

As far as your queries about Airpods or TWS are concerned, allow me to answer that point by point.

1) Airpods are designed wonderfully and the weight of the product is such that it stays in your ears. I use them while gymming and never have I ever encountered a problem like that. My Oneplus buds Z though on the other hand aren't so wonderfully designed and they tend to "pop out" of your ear even when you're sitting and it's very irritating when you're listening to music and it stops randomly and you don't even know which earbud got loosened up.

2) During office hours I use them only to pick up calls, during gym, they stay on continuously for around 2 hours playing music.

3) The wireless portability comes in handy at different places. Also, I choose not to wear them all the time during my office hours but call it an illusion of choice that I can have them stay in and still not feel discomfort.

You must not be wearing them right or you ear is too small for them. Which is it ?

These are half-in ear buds. They are designed to be worn

Watch this

They have their own use cases. When you need to be aware of your surroundings or don't need to block out the world then live is better. I imagine it would be easier to eat with the live on than any inears. Easier to take on and take off. Comfort if your ears are not small will be a big plus with the live. Guy said he found it uncomfortable to wear the pro more than an hour.

I'm inclined to pick up the live first because its so unique and maybe later even the pro.
It has very poor Ipx2 rating...so not for me.

I definitely need for workout and so Ipx is important.

Was looking at the Oneplus Buds Pro and discovered you cannot update its firmware unless you have a Oneplus 6 phone !!

This is a pretty major deal as these firmware updates matter

It seems this is being fixed with the Buds series but nothing said about the pro line.

Yeah so no good for other androids then

Some features on Sansung's buds are not available on other phones and don't play well with iOS who likewise limit what their pods can do on non apple phones.

Walled gardens for these guys.

Sony & Jabra have to play nice with everyone.

Actually scratch Sony. It's just Jabra, Oneplus and Realme that have a proper multipoint that works.

HP Laptop, LG Phone and Senns or Plantronics headset switched just fine. Listen on the laptop, call comes in, headset switched to the phone, paused playback when call was done switched back to the laptop and playback resumed.

I don't get this, both my headsets from five years ago implemented multipoint and it worked flawlessly.

But try to get Sony, Apple & Samsung to do that with devices than their own. No chance :mad:

Last edited:
When I got my first TWS, I was fascinated. It really felt like nothing at all
Then one of them fell down while i was driving my car, and I had to turn the car inside out to find the damn thing.
Plus the crappy battery life (and some of them have stopped refusing to charge after a year or so (wifey's WF1000X)
My ears must be damaged or something, because I can't get the bass or the volumes from any TWS yet. Happy with my qudelix 5K and sony MDR XB50 that can tickle my ears!

PS: not all are e waste. Sony WF-1000X have user replaceable batteries.

When I got my first TWS, I was fascinated. It really felt like nothing at all
Then one of them fell down while i was driving my car, and I had to turn the car inside out to find the damn thing.
Sammy has this 'find my buds' feature that makes them go off like a smoke detector alarm. It's quite piercing :oops:
Plus the crappy battery life (and some of them have stopped refusing to charge after a year or so (wifey's WF1000X)
That's a bit short. I've got a neckband i've used constantly for two years. Battery still works. Just that one side does not work any more. Just passed the Sennheiser two year warranty
My ears must be damaged or something, because I can't get the bass or the volumes from any TWS yet. Happy with my qudelix 5K and sony MDR XB50 that can tickle my ears!

PS: not all are e waste. Sony WF-1000X have user replaceable batteries.
Seal ? no seal no bass for you.

Put some foam tips on them.

Those should work for bud stems from 5-7mm.

The senns i got came with 4 sizes. The seal of the biggest one would come looseafter ten minutes. I'd have to stick it in and it would pop out. Silcon tips are durable but not great for keeping a seal in my ears. If you tap your head with your finger and it does make a hollow sound then you lost your seal.

Then i got the sports version with wing tips. Again 4 sizes. To my surprise NONE of them worked at keeping the buds in place with my ears or maybe i gave up too easy !!

Then i discovered foam tips :woot:

They're not as good as comply but they will keep the damn things from falling out.

Sorry for asking it here, but if I were to connect my oppo m31 wireless earphones to my desktop how do I do that? The motherboard I have is a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming and it doesn't have built in bluetooth.

You would need a bluetooth adapter (like a dongle) that went into a USB A port on the desktop. Now your desktop is bluetooth enabled.

An adapter that had a wire going into the USB A port but leaving the BT antenna say on your desk instead of stuck at the back of the desktop an on the floor will have better range and be less intereference prone.

I have a rule when it comes to BT anything. Must have a BT cert. No cert i avoid it because its going to have some wierd issues. Usually cheaper stuff avoids the cost of certification.

eg. if you enter model# of that tp link here you will find this

Therefore that product is certified by the BT SIG because TP-link is an established company.

Now given that product is only Rs.600 it most likely only has a Class B BT transmitter. Way you tell is the range. Typically 10m or 30 ft.

More expensive adapters will have a Class A transmitter. Range will be 30m or 100 ft. You find similar Class A receivers in BT cans (not buds or neckbands) closer to the 10k mark.

All phones have class A BT transmitters even midrange and below.

Pair a Class A transmitter with a Class A receiver and you can punch through 2 x 10inch brick walls at a distance with no signal drops :)

Last edited:
You would need a bluetooth adapter (like a dongle) that went into a USB A port on the desktop. Now your desktop is bluetooth enabled.

An adapter that had a wire going into the USB A port but leaving the BT antenna say on your desk instead of stuck at the back of the desktop an on the floor will have better range and be less intereference prone.
Thank you. I am rather daft. This is the first time I'm getting to know that there are things like Bluetooth adapter for desktops. Anyhow, ordered the TP link one posted below your message. Also, read your msg. regarding class A and class B transmitter uses and differences but more than the range I am interested to see how much latency this injects in the audio output, especially while gaming.

Then i discovered foam tips :woot:

They're not as good as comply but they will keep the damn things from falling out.
Personally I've never been able to get a good seal with foam tips. Have even tried with some fancy comply.
Kz starline and spinfit work decently for me in size L. The problem is that with the bigger tips, they don't fit in the charging case properly and charging goes for a toss.

Anyway I'm fine with wired iem + bt DAC. Will wait for this tech to mature

Had received QCY TWS on giveaway recently. The right bud has stopped charging. The pogo pins are fine and are delivering current. While checking for continuity in the right ear bud, my multimeter probe broke lol. Will take to a local electric guy and get it repaired. I trust the dude, he's great with electronics.

Personally I've never been able to get a good seal with foam tips. Have even tried with some fancy comply.
Kz starline and spinfit work decently for me in size L. The problem is that with the bigger tips, they don't fit in the charging case properly and charging goes for a toss.

Anyway I'm fine with wired iem + bt DAC. Will wait for this tech to mature
Yeah i see this complaint. All it would take is for the case to be a half cm bigger to fix that.
Thank you. I am rather daft. This is the first time I'm getting to know that there are things like Bluetooth adapter for desktops. Anyhow, ordered the TP link one posted below your message. Also, read your msg. regarding class A and class B transmitter uses and differences but more than the range I am interested to see how much latency this injects in the audio output, especially while gaming.
This is the thing, you never mentioned the reason.

You will get quite a lot of sound latency gaming with that adapter. One workaround is to select the SBC codec over AAC. SBS lowers audio quality compared to AAC. That might be default on the Tp-link so only slightly better.

To get around it some years back qualcom came up with Aptx-Low latency.

There would be dongles that were Aptx-LL built in and pair it with a headset that also has LL and the latency should drop to around 50ms instead of 300ms+ odd it will be.

Here is a list of compatible products with Aptx-LL. They were available few years back.

Today, the latest is called Aptx Adaptive, maybe check that out.

All devices that currently have Aptx adaptive , get the phones that support APtx A natively and pair with a headset that also supports it and your sound latency will be faster than an iphone.

Or just stick with the cheaper wired solution. If you're at a desktop wires aren't a big deal anyway.

Interestingly for video streaming services like YT or Netflix this latency isn't that noticeable.

Their software can detect latency and compensate for it on devices that do not have Aptx-LL or aptx-adaptive.

Last edited:
@blr_p Thanks for clarifying that. Hmm actually I was going to use it on my desktop for about a month or two, gaming means CS Go. I know, even the idea of wireless for a competitive shooter is just asinine! This is the first time in my life I'm without a headphone and at present I don't have the funds to purchase the one I am looking for, so this was would have been a floater purchase. I think I should cancel the order in that case. Then again, never cancelled an order in past 5 years from Amazon.

Last edited:
@blr_p Thanks for clarifying that. Hmm actually I was going to use it on my desktop for about a month or two, gaming means CS Go. I know, even the idea of wireless for a competitive shooter is just asinine! This is the first time in my life I'm without a headphone and at present I don't have the funds to purchase the one I am looking for, so this was would have been a floater purchase. I think I should cancel the order in that case. Then again, never cancelled an order in past 5 years from Amazon.
dont use tws with gaming as there is latency issues.I sometimes have latency issues with using tws and watching youtube videos on phone the audio and video doesnt sync sometimes.For listening songs on spotify its perfectly fine.

People use this BT transmitter to hook up to a TV to BT enable it. You can plug it into any thing that has a 3.5mm jack and BT enable it.

The Ali page says it has Qualcom chip CSR8670 which is BT certfied.

The way it works is you hook it up to a 3.5mm jack, it transmits and you need a headset that also has Apt-LL

Thing with these adapters is they have little batteries in them that need constant charging. Instead of pulling power from the device like a USB dongle would.

Back