How is Dr. Batra's for acne?

.....But I guess most probable factor in my case is hormones as I hit puberty 1-2 years earlier than my peers and since then I have acne.

You are not supposed to do anything in that case. Just try to ignore them and they will go away when your body adjusts. This is a normal response and even a doctor would advise you the same based on the intensity/symptoms. Diet changes will help but nothing will stop this permanently before time. Medicine etc are suggested only in extreme cases. This advise might seem stupid but two years down the line you'll be giving the same suggestion to your friends/peers.

Related to your first post.
Whenever someone mentions anything similar to "last day of the offer" or "last item left" etc I've conditioned myself to ignore it even if I feel like buying(impulse). This is purely a method to increase sales. Those phrases are meant to trigger impulse buying and this will happen even if you know about it. In your case this prevented you from checking other options like creating this thread.
Another negative point should have been the post-dated cheques. What kind of a doctor asks for post dated cheques. Even if I have scheduled multiple appointments eg. a dentist, the payment is done after the treatment and not before.
The agreement signing would be another negative point.
Trust your instincts, if anything feels wrong then don't do it. Instincts can be wrong sometimes as I've mentioned in the first point(impulse buying), that is how human brain is wired.

Have you tried any of the later creams (IT/Clinda/BB) ?

Errr.. no. Homeopathy is very much alive and kicking in the UK. My sis (born and brought up in UK) had some form of an allergy, and none of the allopathic meds worked for her (suffered for >2 years). After 4-6 months of homeo therapy, she could finally find some peace.
As a doctor myself, I don't believe in it, but then my mom is an ardent fan and she literally uses Homeopathy for all her ailments. Can't say they don't work.
I was talking about the government's stance. It is still very much alive there, and as long as there are gullible people, quacks will take advantage of them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_and_prevalence_of_homeopathy#United_Kingdom

As a doctor, I'm sure you appreciate the science that goes behind medicine. Science isn't subject to personal preferences or experiences, but people still have the right to choose what kind of treatment they prefer, whether it is scientific or not. However, the ethics behind that get murkier when the disease has the potential to kill someone.

You are not supposed to do anything in that case. Just try to ignore them and they will go away when your body adjusts. This is a normal response and even a doctor would advise you the same based on the intensity/symptoms. Diet changes will help but nothing will stop this permanently before time. Medicine etc are suggested only in extreme cases. This advise might seem stupid but two years down the line you'll be giving the same suggestion to your friends/peers.

Related to your first post.
Whenever someone mentions anything similar to "last day of the offer" or "last item left" etc I've conditioned myself to ignore it even if I feel like buying(impulse). This is purely a method to increase sales. Those phrases are meant to trigger impulse buying and this will happen even if you know about it. In your case this prevented you from checking other options like creating this thread.
Another negative point should have been the post-dated cheques. What kind of a doctor asks for post dated cheques. Even if I have scheduled multiple appointments eg. a dentist, the payment is done after the treatment and not before.
The agreement signing would be another negative point.
Trust your instincts, if anything feels wrong then don't do it. Instincts can be wrong sometimes as I've mentioned in the first point(impulse buying), that is how human brain is wired.

yup. I had this problem from 10 years and would have done anything to get rid of it so was really desperate to try it. And yes you are right, the last day offer was just a gimmick to indirectly force me to give in. And I was not able to create this thread due to the same.
One last thing, you wrote about 25th year. Any evidence to prove that it will fade away after I reach 25?

yup. I had this problem from 10 years and would have done anything to get rid of it so was really desperate to try it. And yes you are right, the last day offer was just a gimmick to indirectly force me to give in. And I was not able to create this thread due to the same.
One last thing, you wrote about 25th year. Any evidence to prove that it will fade away after I reach 25?

No - however, they do reduce by a huge margin.

Be active (go out and play!), drink 3+ ltrs of water (in regular intervals), take fresh fruits and sleep well for 8+ hours....
Apart from the puberty and hygiene issues...Stress, tension and anxiety are major factors too.

In that case a doctor (dermatologist) would be a better judge, as the teenage acne doesn't normally stay for this long, there may be other reasons causing it. A dermatologist would be able to identify what type it is and provide appropriate suggestions/medicine.
All the general suggestions of diet regulation, exercise, yoga etc will help in reducing the root cause. There won't be instant effects but make a promise to yourself that this will help you and do it for at least a month, make a chart and keep track of the activities. Take before/after pics if you would like to compare.

So I went there last month on 13th to inquire about my acne. And the doctor there said about some Dusshera discount. As it was only for one day, I registered for the treatment the very same day and paid 2500. After that I haven't seen any positive changes but my acne has increased though. A doctor their said that it might take about 2-3 months for medication to take effect. So I tried for some reviews and testimonials and found out that most of the times it is not recommended by previous patients.
I have only paid 2500 till now and two cheques of 3375 each are with them post dated for 13 November and 13 December.
If anybody of you has experience with them, please share here as I would get the cheques canceled by that time.
Stop the checks. Next time post an advice thread before shelling out Rs. 2500 to quacks! As suggested by many members, clean your diet & read stuff online on how to get rid of acne. There is nothing magical or radical Batra can do.

Stop the checks. Next time post an advice thread before shelling out Rs. 2500 to quacks! As suggested by many members, clean your diet & read stuff online on how to get rid of acne. There is nothing magical or radical Batra can do.

Yup doing it in the morning. After a friend's mother told me to continue it, I refused to cancel the cheques at that time but in the last 3 days, the condition has become much worse on my left cheek and forehead.
Have several breakouts at both locations.
Never going to any homeopathy.

Try reckeweg bio combination. They are effective and just cost 80 bucks. Check them out in their website.

Tried for diabetes and headache and found them to be effective.

^^ Try r53 from the link
http://www.reckeweg-india.com/homoeopathy-products/World-famous-Specialities-R1-to-R89-1.html

Though listed at 200, if u buy locally or Desi version u will get it lot cheaper.

U can give it a try.

Thank you
Available at any medical shop or their dealers listed on their site?

This is how my face looks now
-------------------------------WARNING------------------------------

Hideous pics.
http://tinypic.com/m/ht61xd/1
http://tinypic.com/m/ht61xe/1
http://tinypic.com/m/ht61xf/1
http://tinypic.com/m/ht61xg/1

One can see the pigmentation, blackheads, and pustular acne

Last edited:
They are available at good homeopathy stores.

Your situation is serious. You can try it and if situation worsens then obviously u have to stop it.

Obviously professional advise is required.

They are available at good homeopathy stores.

Your situation is serious. You can try it and if situation worsens then obviously u have to stop it.

Obviously professional advise is required.

It was not so serious on my cheek, before I went to Dr. Batra. Complete rip-off

Yup. Did they give u what homeopathic concoction they are giving u.

U can also try himalaya acne and pimple cream. They are herbal and himalaya is a reputed company.

I have been suffering from acne off n on for years. I cant tell you laser pointed solution but here is what works for me:
1. make sure to have complete twice a day. ( rice/ chapatti with yourself dal and veggie)
2. watch your face atleast twice (i do morning and evening ) with a decent facewash ( i use patanjali/ neem etc take your own pick)
3. drink atleast 2 cups of water post food. (if you are a desk worker, make sure to have a bottle and keep hydrating yourself every hour)
4. Take rest atleast 6-7 hours (preferably continuous)
5. some exercise is good, though I am able to control acne without exercise as well.

Back