how many dudes from Bangalore, Kerela or down south?

Chaos said:
Right now the MSR office is temporarily in Domlur near the airport... shall be shifting close to IISc very soon. I shall be heading there sometime middle of next month.

Edit: Also its Microsoft Research not Microsoft :p. Makes a big big diff to me. I wouldn't join Microsoft ;). Ethical issues :D.
me lives very close to IISc as of now...will come see all teh 1337 gadgets you got at your workplace every alt day :D
and sonny u can stfu if you know how to :p

Yea tecno lives close to the Golf Links place too. I can see the Microsoft building from my window though. didn't know an MSR building was coming up in Sadashivnagar as well. :)

hi.. many discussing abt me.huh? ... ;)
well.. first of all congrats.. :) on admission.
and i m in tvm not in cochin..but still.. you will find cochin ppl in digit forums, if u r a member ther..
for me cochin is really a business place...full of shops and streets... so many shortcut roads are there.. once i wondered how buses go through these narrow roads.. :p talking of buses.. cochin is full of private buses.. and the ultimate speed.. if u r gonna sleep in the bus u r gonna break ur hand or leg..tats for sure.. bap re.. dono whether its the same everywhere.. but the place is cool.. not a hi tech city like blore or chennai.. the warmth is still not gone..
places to hangout..dono..actually i cant help u :p

aElien said:
WOOHOO! so many people from south!!

to hell with everyone. i gotta contact our diamond :D

psy dude! when did you pass out of CUSAT?

Bosky dude, tell me about cochin man, and places to hang out. my coll is about 10kms from both Alwaye and Ernakulam. ie midway between the two.

2004 passout.
As for places to hang out, there's MG road for all your shopping needs and Marine drive for a peaceful evening.

@bluediamond

well.. first of all congrats.. on admission.
:cry: nobody in here congratulated me ... nobody but you :cry: :baloon: :cloud9:
okay before the mods get personal and start abusing their powers ill stop :eek:hyeah:

oh yeah, the buses there are crazy fast. i just could not stand staight untill i anchored myself with both my arms and legs :ashamed:
and you(a girl(?)) can't help me places to hang out !? what have you guys done to her :cursing:

yup im Sniper@TD, have posted a message there.

@Psy

how do i get to MG road? how far is it from the campus? ill be staying in one of those pvt hostels which are close to the CUSAT guesthouse, and classrooms of the 1st year student :D, not telling you which one exactly :D

Last edited by a moderator:
and you(a girl(?)) can't help me places to hang out !?
arre.. i m not from cochin... i just go there for seeing my relatives tats all.. dono where CUSAT is.. but there are buses which connects this n that places.. here its not te number system like in other hitech cities.. i suppose u dono malayalam at all.. ;) so be careful..

what have you guys done to her
:|

Hey...I too live in Indirangar...real close to MS...I work on airport rd...was in Kochi for a prior to movin back here...lived in Panampilly Nagar near the Avenue Center hotel

@bluediamong

oh great :hap2: statements withdrawn.

no malyalam :eek:hyeah:
first thing to do, gonna learn malyalam.

um ... why should i be careful ?

aElien said:
@bluediamond
:cry: nobody in here congratulated me ... nobody but you :cry: :baloon: :cloud9:
okay before the mods get personal and start abusing their powers ill stop :eek:hyeah:

oh yeah, the buses there are crazy fast. i just could not stand staight untill i anchored myself with both my arms and legs :ashamed:
and you(a girl(?)) can't help me places to hang out !? what have you guys done to her :cursing:

yup im Sniper@TD, have posted a message there.

@Psy

how do i get to MG road? how far is it from the campus? ill be staying in one of those pvt hostels which are close to the CUSAT guesthouse, and classrooms of the 1st year student :D, not telling you which one exactly :D
It's around 8-10 kms from the campus. There are lots of buses from the Kalamaserry bus stand to Ernakulam.
CUSAT has a wonderful campus, i am sure that you will have one hell of a time (no pun intended) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Am from visakhapatnam!! shifted here a year ago from calcutta! awesome place man the beach and the mountains mixed together!!! anyone else frm here (except kumar :p )

are Rahul Sir, your from which branch and year?
and yes i concur. this place does suck. but ive been trying to make my arrangements :D . i dont think ill be getting a comp this year. TOO MUCH to study, they tell me. ive decided to go to the beach everyday :eek:hyeah: . maybe ill get to use my seniors PC. ill try to lure them with .... ah na na ... your my senior too :no: and seniors are badass out here :S
oh and im from Ranchi too. stayed there for about 6 years :)

she never leaves home without kerala gundas...so thats why be careful
>> :cool2: no problem. i thinking my growling would be enough to scare them away. and they maybe i can have some peaceful time my Madame Diamond .. at the beach :D what say ??

@Psy
Yeah one thing i really love about that area is its really GREEEN. i cant live without computers and green :ashamed:
I visited the markets of Ernakulam. nice place man. HUGE markets. got myself a NICE leather belt :cool2: some freshly made banana chips, arabic dates. Michael jackson DVDs :eek:hyeah:
Babe report : malyali ladies are nice. not HOT, but cute. the ones at the shops wont stop giggling. and its even more fun throwing some natak pretending to be struggling in malyalam(or even english:p ) and they giggle and giggle. Highly recommended for wives or otherwise:cool2:
and and and, the good news is my classes are starting from 22nd. bad news is, i gotta make the same 49 hour journey back home :( wtf :mad:

see yaal after 3 days :mad:

daviescool said:
Hey...I too live in Indirangar...real close to MS...I work on airport rd...was in Kochi for a prior to movin back here...lived in Panampilly Nagar near the Avenue Center hotel
Heard that lotsa techies live in that place. How expensive is it? Bangalore ppl could u tell me whats the best place to stay? I'm looking at a rent of around 8-10K and need a 1-2 BHK. How much do all u guys pay if u are on rent?

Back