PC Peripherals How many fans does your chassis have?

Four.
230mm * 2 side and front
140mm * 2 rear and top.

1 on GPU
120mm *2 on Processor

80mm on minor psu
120mm on major psu

If not I am really curious to see a dual PSU system. I
There was a time when I used to run dual VIP 300W PSUs. One purely for the motherboard and processor, second for GPU and accessories. The fan on the case also fits the theme of this thread lol

IVZD4My.jpg

^ Ah, good old days. We slapped a Sunon brushless motor fan plugged into the power strip. Sounded like an alien ship taking off when powered on.

The picture below is for representation only. I had to take off the front panels+the DVD drive to accommodate the fan, temps would drop big time.

Ignore the DIY thread holding the grills, the fan blades were pretty sharp and I was lazy to get the right screws.

The fan burnt out after serving me some 5-6 yrs.

Coming back to the topic, I run cooler master 120mm X 2 fans with red LED lights. I find them sufficient at the moment.

IMG_1567.jpg

You have a dual system case is it? Like one of the Phanteks ones?

If not I am really curious to see a dual PSU system. I know the Lian Li O11 has the option for a 2nd PSU but never seen one in TE.
I've a CM HAF 932 where there's a legal space to house 2 PSUs..top and bottom mount.
But even with a generic cabinet, I have been using dual PSUs since year 2006 or so. :p

Primary PSU takes care of major components while secondary one runs rgb/fans and nominal stuff!

1625497451188.png

Guys, does anyone have that spare wire that is used to attach fans to the cpu tower coolers?

I wanted to attach a second fan to my tower cooler but I don’t have that wire thing which is used to attach fans. Was wondering if any of you guys have one?

I had total of 8 fans....2*2500rpm pwm generic for intake....1 1700 rpm pwm deepcool for intake....
2*4000rpm pwm generic for exhaust.....1*1700rpm pwm deepcool for exhaust and 2*1700rpm pwm deepcool fans on cpu cooler.....

4000rpm fans are like jet engine.....while rendering cpu temps went uptill 75-80c....but will soon move to liquid cooler for sake of less noise

There was a time when I used to run dual VIP 300W PSUs. One purely for the motherboard and processor, second for GPU and accessories. The fan on the case also fits the theme of this thread lol

IVZD4My.jpg

Please help me recollect which CPU Cooler that is... for the life of me I can't remember the name!

I had total of 8 fans....2*2500rpm pwm generic for intake....1 1700 rpm pwm deepcool for intake....
2*4000rpm pwm generic for exhaust.....1*1700rpm pwm deepcool for exhaust and 2*1700rpm pwm deepcool fans on cpu cooler.....

4000rpm fans are like jet engine.....while rendering cpu temps went uptill 75-80c....but will soon move to liquid cooler for sake of less noise
Man you are brute forcing too much. Whats your CPU/GPU/case/cooler?
Guys, does anyone have that spare wire that is used to attach fans to the cpu tower coolers?

I wanted to attach a second fan to my tower cooler but I don’t have that wire thing which is used to attach fans. Was wondering if any of you guys have one?

Man you are brute forcing too much. Whats your CPU/GPU/case/cooler?

Negative pressure inside is good...using on ryzen 2700 with Gammaxx V2 and 2080Super FE inside Deepcool D shield v2 mid-tower.
But will be changing to liquid cooler not liking the noise now or might go for noctua or other big one
Oh my bad... Thats a tricky part to get. Usually they are specific to the cooler you are using.
You can do the jugaad using zipties if heatsink is not big.....i did the same

Negative pressure inside is good...using on ryzen 2700 with Gammaxx V2 and 2080Super FE inside Deepcool D shield v2 mid-tower.
But will be changing to liquid cooler not liking the noise now or might go for noctua or other big one

You can do the jugaad using zipties if heatsink is not big.....i did the same
CPU temp's way too much. I use a Noctua NH-U14S on a 3900X and temps dont hit that much.
Although I am not rendering anyways. The max temps I have seen with Handbrake with CPU encoding is around 73C.

I would suggest a NH-D15 though if its a production rig. Don't want leaks to mess up your gear.

Back