how safe it is to get products by ordering online or TE Sellers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince_20003

Disciple
Hi all TE pals,

i have few doubts regarding dealing online..

These doubts are as follows ..

1. Do these dealers take responsibility of damage in transit?

2. Some dealers say complaints regarding DOA will be entertained within 3 days from invoice date.... if it takes 3 days to reach the product to customer itself then who is responsible for DOA?

3. Is it really safe to order LCD monitors and HDD by courier?

4. There is huge difference in courier charges by different dealers, how to decide with this, i mean how to trust with low or high price?

Plz guys share your thoughts on it,,also share your bad/good experiences regarding such trading...

Thanks

still no replies after 78 views :(

m gonna be doin my 1st online trading so i want to know abt these things...plzz help me TE mates

Better start a thread in feedback corner for feedbacks :p

Well i just had 2 purchases off TE. Both experiences were +ve.

HDD shipment is pretty ok through courier. Few dealers do nice packaging.

But monitors and Cabby shipments costs a lot. So its not wise to order them online unless the price locally is much higher than online+shipping cost or not much options available locally.

There is a matter of risk when trading with people that you dont know and dont see face to face ... almost all the dealers in TE have earned there reputation and can be trusted. If still in doubt about something you can always ask them for a ebay listing where both sellers and buyers can be protected. Regarding courier charges honestly the charges varry i am sure some time the dealers charge more then what it costs but having a fixed rate makes sense because cost of sending to goods to diffrent places will varry, so far i have been very happy the prices tey have quoted me for shipping. I always have a look at local market before i buy something online/TE if the cost of shipping plus the product is more locally only then i buyonline ... that way i still save some money. I prefer buying LCD's locally the cost of shipping might negate the price diffrence if bought locally. HDD's also the same reason. If you are worried about damage during transit you can always ask for insured shipping.

thanks for replies.. :)

i try to read as much as possible from TE.... one thing which i noticed that only good experience of TE dealers are given here.... hardly i could read some bad experience .... though i know some TE mates here who had some bad experience from some reputed TE Regd. dealers..... i wonder by these experience are not posted on TE

TE registered dealers are good and reliable. They keep the process transparent, and ship immediately post receiving payment, and mention the tracking number. My limited experience has been satisfactory and pleasant. There stocks are up to date, and will decline the order if availability is not there.

Regarding monitor (HDD is all right), you would need to weigh it out yourself. Equipment available online but not at your local markets vs. waiting and going yourself to pick up a bulky package. The packaging with transit buffer is done well. Pricing would vary as per weight and distance.

Can i post about a transaction which happened outside the TE forum but with a 'most reputed so called honest' registered dealer on the TE, if moderators and others agree i can post it.

VtecComp said:
Can i post about a transaction which happened outside the TE forum but with a 'most reputed so called honest' registered dealer on the TE, if moderators and others agree i can post it.
Share your experience. It would be helpful when we make a purchase next time.

VtecComp said:

Why would this warrant a permission from the moderators? Please go ahead.

VtecComp said:
see everyone want to you to go ahead ...please tell us about your experience

thanks guys,

I recently ordered cooler master ice fusion thermal compound from lynx website of mr. amarbir.

Coolermaster IceFusion RG-ICF-CWR2-GP

when i checked the product details and cost it was mentioned Rs. 417-00 + courier for 0.25KG, i ordered the product did payment as requested by him with additional Rs. 100-00 ( was informed after the order was placed) to his icici bank account the total amount i credited was Rs. 620-00 including courier, taxes, additional amount, the parcel did arrive after few days , when i opened the parcel it was only 40gms container in it. i sent a mail to him immediately explaining to him that i had ordered for 0.25kg quantity as mentioned in his website. i also called him immediately after the mail was sent, he was very rude and arrogant in his reply.

his reply was 'Mr. do you know that the cooler master product you ordered is sold only in 40gms pack how can you expect me to send you 0.25 kg pack',

i told amarbir ' why should i be worried what packed quantity coolermaster markets, i go by what your website gives information about the product.

his reply was 'i cant go on looking for all the mistakes on my website'

Amarbir is simply cheating people and taking them for a ride, he offered me my money back minus the courier charges, but why should i lose even the courier charges for his mistake. he is a liar to the core, i saw few threads on his cheating ways. his reply to the email,

Email Reply,

Isnt it the same product code sent to you? How are you making such allegations when you should have inquired the complete information. This is very wrong on your part.

Regards
LYNX The Electronic Superstore

SCF 4 ,Sector 10 ,Chandigarh,UT,India.

TelePhone :0091-172-5087643,5005067 (Ask for Fax Tone On 5087643)

Email : sales@lynx-india.com (For Sale Query)

accounts@lynx-india.com (For Accounts Department)

support@lynx-india.com (For Support Issues)

Website : Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Online Sales Main Desk [ Lynx, India ]'

Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:14 PM

Subject: RE: Order status change

You are cheating the customer by giving misleading information on your web site, can you show me where you have mentioned that it is the total shipping package weight & not the weight of the material.
DON’T CHANGE THE PAGE CONTENT NOW TO PROVE THIS, LYNX INDIA RUN BY AMARBIR IS LOOT AND SCOOT WEB SITE, I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE UP THIS MATTER IN TECH ENCLAVE FORUM WHERE YOU POSE AS AN HONEST AS ‘WHITE’ TRADER. LET THE BUYERS ON THE FORUM KNOW HOW YOU CHEAT & HOW YOU LIE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Online Sales Main Desk [ Lynx, India ] [mailto:eek:nlinesales@lynx-india.com]

Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:11 AM

To: VTec Computers

Subject: Re: Order status change
That is the shipping weight. Not the weight of the material

Regards
LYNX The Electronic Superstore

SCF 4 ,Sector 10 ,Chandigarh,UT,India.

TelePhone :0091-172-5087643,5005067 (Ask for Fax Tone On 5087643)

Email : sales@lynx-india.com (For Sale Query)

accounts@lynx-india.com (For Accounts Department)

support@lynx-india.com (For Support Issues)

Website : Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India'

Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 2:43 PM

Subject: RE: Order status change
Hello There,

Refer to order #Lynx-4744

We have received the material today but you have sent 40gm pack instead 0.25kg pack what we have ordered as mentioned in your website, check the link
Update on the issue.

Thanks

Venkat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India [mailto:eek:nlinesales@lynx-india.com]

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:39 PM

To: vteccomputers@gmail.com

Subject: Order status change
Hello, Venkat

Your order #Lynx-4744 status has been changed to Under Dispatch

Order set to custom status: Under Dispatch

Comment: Sir,

We are shipping your order today and you would be updated with the tracking no tomorrow.

You can view your order status and history online.

Best regards, Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India

Thght it might be that dealer.

He already got a bad rep and no more a dealer mate.

and feel sorry for ya.

ps. is the 0.25 minimum shipping charges anyways?. But seeing as he did not explain that....

Amarbir has a bad rep here with a lot of people complaining about purchases from him, but the 250g is basic almost all courier companies have a minium weight of 250g when they take charges some even set 500g as mimimum weight and they charge in accordance with regardless of what you are sending. Probably better wording on the website is needed

so wats d problem here , shipping charges for the packet weighing 40 gms must be the same as that upto 250 gms , morover sellers do earn bits n pieces through courier charges as well , no big issue IMO!!

kolguy said:
Amarbir has a bad rep here with a lot of people complaining about purchases from him, but the 250g is basic almost all courier companies have a minium weight of 250g when they take charges some even set 500g as mimimum weight and they charge in accordance with regardless of what you are sending. Probably better wording on the website is needed
kolguy,

he has mentioned the weight of the product as 0.25kg he is selling and has shipped 40gms pack, i am not at all worried about courier weight, now in his emails he is claiming it as shipping weight , he has not mentioned a word about this in his website.

^^

Thats what i thght/hinted as minimum shipping done by lynx. but why do one pack a 40gm into 250gm and charge like that, if thats the case. They can ship it cheaper also.

This would been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back