how safe it is to get products by ordering online or TE Sellers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup u have mistaken the basic courier weight as the product weight. If u see keenly the Pic shows its a 40g product in the right bottom.
Its a mis-understanding in this case.

Amarbir should be making it clear that its shipping weight not product weight. This is known s misleading or hiding the facts about the deal.

DarkAngel said:
Yup u have mistaken the basic courier weight as the product weight. If u see keenly the Pic shows its a 40g product in the right bottom.

Its a mis-understanding in this case.
in the picture it might have been shown 40gm, but he has not mentioned it any where in the product specifications he has just mentioned 0.25kg below the price, what do you make out by it.

as i said earlier the messaging on the site needs improvement ... and i certainly avoid his site when i am looking to purchase something online ...you are not the first person to have been spoken rudely by him either ...we all have our sympathies proabaly if he had spoken with you diffrently when you called to enquired you probably would have not thought much of it... but guess you can just learn from it and move on ...

Simple. If you think you have been wronged, ship the unused item back to him and ask for a refund. I am sure you must have looked at the other listings in the category and would have noticed all had 0.25kg weight. You chose to ignore it. You are simply trying to play on words and get something which is not rightly yours.
Return it back to amarbir. I am sure he will even pay for the return shipping charges to 'ease your pain'
Anyone purchasing performance cooling grease knows how much it costs. You knew it cannot be 250gm for that price. Don't feign ignorance

okk guys... after reading this all i am more concerned of after sales service of TE Regd. dealers (how TE Regd dealers help you when something goes wrong with parcel which you get, for e.g damaged product in transport,etc) or product failure during warranty period.... how do TE Regd dealers deal with you in such cases..... I want you guys share experiences in such situations......

Thankss

I don't think it is a buyer's duty to realize that it is a mistake or it's the package weight, if i see an HD 4850 1GB is available @ Rs.7,000 & at delivery I get an 512MB piece, would't I complain? Would you say that I was entitled to an 512MB model for that price?? The seller has to take responsibility... look at the folowing case recently took place,

6pm.com lose $1.6 million overnight due to pricing mistake

though Amarbir has a bad rep in TE and in other forum too, I would totally call this as a stupid buyer's mistake. sorry to be rude though. for all products the weight is mentioned, which is obviously the package weight.

also look at this techshop.in link for the same product Cooler Master RG-ICF-CWR2-GP Thermal Compound - RG-ICF-CWR2-GP by: you can't expect a newegg.com like experience in indian online retailers, all are just not there yet.

and how difficult is it to google out the product code, you are sure to get a newegg link with specifications.

@aercy

you are comparing apples to oranges. the model number of the product is clearly given and also 40g is indicated in the pic itself. I would just call this sheer oversight on the part of the buyer or common stupidity. thats all.

_

aercy said:
I don't think it is a buyer's duty to realize that it is a mistake or it's the package weight, if i see an HD 4850 1GB is available @ Rs.7,000 & at delivery I get an 512MB piece, would't I complain? Would you say that I was entitled to an 512MB model for that price?? The seller has to take responsibility... look at the folowing case recently took place,

6pm.com lose $1.6 million overnight due to pricing mistake

It is the buyers duty to at least realize what he is reading. I cannot misread the height of a product as weight as then demand seller to take responsibility for my mistake. Even If the seller has misprinted a spec like a 512Mb graphics card listed a 1GB, his liability is limited to refunding. Almost every e-com site has that has that term these days. In this case at least there is no misprint. The shipping weight given in the site is not part of the product specifications. Product specs were listed separately with the sub heading specifications.

Also if you didn't realize, Mr. VtecComp is a reseller himself and bound to know every thing about the denominations and corresponding market prices of the product in question. He must have checked prices with a dozen sources before he ordered from lynx. Now he simply wants to feign ignorance of everything to make it seem Lynx is liable. I bet what he wants is that Lynx send him 0.25Kg of the paste (which is like 6 times of what he paid for) rather than a simple refund.

akg7091 said:
Simple. If you think you have been wronged, ship the unused item back to him and ask for a refund. I am sure you must have looked at the other listings in the category and would have noticed all had 0.25kg weight. You chose to ignore it. You are simply trying to play on words and get something which is not rightly yours.

Return it back to amarbir. I am sure he will even pay for the return shipping charges to 'ease your pain'

Anyone purchasing performance cooling grease knows how much it costs. You knew it cannot be 250gm for that price. Don't feign ignorance
akg7091,

i have paid for the material, it is right fully mine, i offered amarbir to return back the he said he will return the amount minus courier charges i had paid for the material to be shiiped to me, by your comments i can make out you are fan boy of Amarabir, if you are ignorant dont comment, or go through the topic with your blinkers off, can you explain if all had weight 025kg mentioned, for what ? gross or nett. be clear, is it mentioned in the product listing.

Guys,

What i want know from few learned & intelligent people who are on this forum commenting on this subject, if you see in the product listing on any web page selling any goods says weight 0.25kg below the price what does that mean, is it weight of the product or weight of the item including package material for shipping.

arjpillai said:
Agree with akg7091 here, its too naive to be true of him to think that was indeed the quantity he was entitled to.
mr. pillai,
when you mention the weight with out any other details then i have all the right to assume i should get what is detailed in the product listing, it is the duty of the seller to be specific.

@Vtec : I have never dealt with Amarbir in my life, so am not a fanboi. I have dealt only with Rahul and Anuj
You are adamant that you have been wronged whereas even you know innately that you are trying to play with words.
If you had doubts, you should have clarified. If there is an issue resolve it ( But, it is pretty clear that you are one of those few who are ....... )
Since you are buying a performance product, the approximate prices of which you surely knew because you must have bought after comparison with similar brands/products ( You are afterall a very smart buyer, so you must have done research before hand ) you surely knew what it costs.
Many sites list the shipping weight only on the product page.
Please, I request you, to purchase 100s of the injections, then sue him in consumer court for misleading you and let the judge decide. People like you rightly deserve to be on the banned list of any trading site.

Lord Nemesis said:
It is the buyers duty to at least realize what he is reading. I cannot misread the height of a product as weight as then demand seller to take responsibility for my mistake. Even If the seller has misprinted a spec like a 512Mb graphics card listed a 1GB, his liability is limited to refunding. Almost every e-com site has that has that term these days. In this case at least there is no misprint. The shipping weight given in the site is not part of the product specifications. Product specs were listed separately with the sub heading specifications.

Also if you didn't realize, Mr. VtecComp is a reseller himself and bound to know every thing about the denominations and corresponding market prices of the product in question. He must have checked prices with a dozen sources before he ordered from lynx. Now he simply wants to feign ignorance of everything to make it seem Lynx is liable. I bet what he wants is that Lynx send him 0.25Kg of the paste (which is like 6 times of what he paid for) rather than a simple refund.
lord, when statistics are displayed without indicating for what, i am not capable like you to know right value for what it is indicated, weight indicated below the product pricing is not mentioned as shipping weight.

i am not reseller, i Rework Desktop MB & Laptop MB.

Since you rework MB you are fairly capable and informed of knowing there was something amiss about the weight. Why didn't you clarify before purchase ?
If there is an issue, ship it back to him. I am sure in your case Amarbir will make an exception and refund the whole amount including courier charges.
There is no misrepresentation on the website. You obviously did not go directly to the product page and must have looked at other products, especially other coolant grease before deciding. You noticed the same weight on each page. Don't deny this fact.
@ the other example of stating a 1gb card and sending 512mb, then it is fraud because the product specifications were deliberately misstated.
The courts have also decided in earlier cases about mispricing where it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that the seller was not deliberately misleading that the said sale is not fraud. You need to prove that Amarbir deliberately did the said mispricing to get any sort of reprieve. The easiest option is to ask for a refund ( That is the only legal option also, but you might want to try your luck :p though proving guilt will be hard)

Edit : Couldn't resist : Caveat Emptor :p Follow this age old advice as with your lack of ............ .............., it will be needed a lot :p

akg7091 said:
@Vtec : I have never dealt with Amarbir in my life, so am not a fanboi. I have dealt only with Rahul and Anuj

You are adamant that you have been wronged whereas even you know innately that you are trying to play with words.

If you had doubts, you should have clarified. If there is an issue resolve it ( But, it is pretty clear that you are one of those few who are ....... )

Since you are buying a performance product, the approximate prices of which you surely knew because you must have bought after comparison with similar brands/products ( You are afterall a very smart buyer, so you must have done research before hand ) you surely knew what it costs.

Many sites list the shipping weight only on the product page.

Please, I request you, to purchase 100s of the injections, then sue him in consumer court for misleading you and let the judge decide. People like you rightly deserve to be on the banned list of any trading site.
i am adamant when people like you become judges and try to impose verdict, i have mentioned clearly i called Amarbir to clarify and he was very rude to me. every buyer thinks he is smart until people like Amarbir takes them for a ride, trolling is bad for a kid like you

akg7091 said:
Since you rework MB you are fairly capable and informed of knowing there was something amiss about the weight. Why didn't you clarify before purchase ?

If there is an issue, ship it back to him. I am sure in your case Amarbir will make an exception and refund the whole amount including courier charges.

There is no misrepresentation on the website. You obviously did not go directly to the product page and must have looked at other products, especially other coolant grease before deciding. You noticed the same weight on each page. Don't deny this fact.

@ the other example of stating a 1gb card and sending 512mb, then it is fraud because the product specifications were deliberately misstated.

The courts have also decided in earlier cases about mispricing where it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that the seller was not deliberately misleading that the said sale is not fraud. You need to prove that Amarbir deliberately did the said mispricing to get any sort of reprieve. The easiest option is to ask for a refund ( That is the only legal option also, but you might want to try your luck :p though proving guilt will be hard)
i have already offered him to ship it back to him he refused to pay the original shipping charges and also refused to pay return shipping charges, read my previous comments, i think you are just dumb to read my comments.

i have not posted my comments to squeeze some thing from your friend Amarbir, i had called your friend Amarbir to get it clarified, he was rude in his reply, then i made up my mind to post on TE,

Yup, am just dumb :p
Dumb enough to be in one of the top colls in India. Dumb enuff to get single digit ranks ( and many under 100 ranks ) in two of the most premier exams.
I read your posts. I saw your attitude. He refused, as any other genuine seller would if met with such..........
He ain't a friend, don't even know him. But, I know his reputation, and you would too if you were a bit more aware. He is a genuine guy, just a bit slow to respond at times. I am still sure he will offer a full refund ( It costs just Rs 25 to ship it by speedpost ) and maybe even you can write it off to experience and learning about how not to trust online dealers.
Try to sort it out with him. If you need any help with consumer law, pm me and I will provide you the relevant sections. Society ain't dead bro. You will get justice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back