how safe it is to get products by ordering online or TE Sellers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Amarbir has changed his typing style, otherwise you are gonna be pissed while chatting with him. I hated his posts because it hurt my eyes to read them

Vtech Comp said:
have mentioned clearly i called Amarbir to clarify and he was very rude to me
Reading your post you called to clarify AFTER he shipped it and you received the parcel.

Ppl here were suggesting you do the clarifying BEFORE you bought it.

akg7091 said:
Yup, am just dumb :p

Dumb enough to be in one of the top colls in India. Dumb enuff to get single digit ranks ( and many under 100 ranks ) in two of the most premier exams.

I read your posts. I saw your attitude. He refused, as any other genuine seller would if met with such..........

He ain't a friend, don't even know him. But, I know his reputation, and you would too if you were a bit more aware. He is a genuine guy, just a bit slow to respond at times. I am still sure he will offer a full refund ( It costs just Rs 25 to ship it by speedpost ) and maybe even you can write it off to experience and learning about how not to trust online dealers.

Try to sort it out with him. If you need any help with consumer law, pm me and I will provide you the relevant sections. Society ain't dead bro. You will get justice :p

this proves beyond doubt you are dumb, i am really worried about the level of education in the premier college you are in. you have never dealt with him but you assume he is a genuine seller, your logic defies gravity. about reputation i can see few people on the TE forum also had problems with him for being rude, ill temepered, arrogant, do you mean they have attitude problem also.

HE REFUSED TO PAY COURIER CHARGES still you are vouching for him

blr_p said:
Reading your post you called to clarify AFTER he shipped it and you received the parcel.

Ppl here were suggesting you do the clarifying BEFORE you bought it.
blr_p, i agree with you after this experience not to go by what is return on the product listing

Amarbir Could have clarified without being rude, i would not have worried, already i have moved on, i am just replying to few fanboy postings by 'akg' i dont agree to some people comments saying it is his style

If a buyer is such, what can a seller do ?
Sort it out, it is not an issue worth wasting your time and energy trying to explain things to kids who can boast of anything on forums where none knows them :p
LOL

people will never know who is correct stop hitting each other ! i guess in total amar is liable to pay the product + shipping charges to the buyer..... there may be a mistake from the buyers end but it was seller's fault too

akg7091 said:
If you need any help with consumer law, pm me and I will provide you the relevant sections.
Ok, i'm asking you to post that in this thread or a new one to see what ppl think of it :)

@blr_p : I can read it from my law textbook, but there are no one size fits all.
In his case, there are precedents and a mispricing is to be treated as such and not as fraud
Edit : Am not a lawyer but had to take a few law subjects as compulsory part of my programme

I was just reading, and if the T&A on lynx's site is a browse wrap type then Amarbir's case becomes weak. In such an event, it is for amarbir to prove the buyer was aware of the correct price of the product. If the T&A are actively displayed to the buyer, and if he has mentioned mispricing in the T&A then his case is almost foolproof.

Quote from a quick google :

" An unconscionable contract is one which “no man in his senses, not under delusion, would make…and which no fair and honest man would accept…”24 The contract, if enforced as formed, needs to cause hardship to the adversely affected party.25 Among other things, courts will consider whether the sale would cause the retailer a loss, rather than merely earn a diminished profit "

Also, IIRC there was a recent error by BA or virgin for a return flight ticket where they refunded buyers completely and said that as it is a mispricing error they are not legally bound to honor it. They did offer some vouchers to the flyers though.

Folks,

Coming back to the OP's question, apart from Amarbir, the rest of the dealers are trustworthy, right? Lets close this thread in that conclusion then.

+LT

linuxtechie said:
Folks,

Coming back to the OP's question, apart from Amarbir, the rest of the dealers are trustworthy, right? Lets close this thread in that conclusion then.

+LT

Please sir, dont close this thread... ya, i agree this discussion is goin off topic.... but yet i havent got any reply to my post no. 26 in this thread which is as follows:

"okk guys... after reading this all i am more concerned of after sales service of TE Regd. dealers (how TE Regd dealers help you when something goes wrong with parcel which you get, for e.g damaged product in transport,etc) or product failure during warranty period.... how do TE Regd dealers deal with you in such cases..... I want you guys share experiences in such situations......

Thankss
"

linuxtechie said:
Folks,

+LT
+1 yes, i dont anyone has even pointed a finger of acusation with any of our other dealers ( not just in this thread)... atleast non that i am aware of....and if OP really wants some security for the money he is paying ... he can always insist on a ebay listing ... in addtion a lot of the dealers give the option of insurance during shipping and also there packaging is pretty good ... so i dont think the OP needs worry much about damage of goods. As far as warranty goes almost all the products listed have all India warranty and you check with you local branch of the importer/who is handling RMA to claim warranty.

VtecComp said:
i have already offered him to ship it back to him he refused to pay the original shipping charges and also refused to pay return shipping charges,

Huh..? Why would a seller refund/bear shipping charges? A refund means that at best you get back the total worth of the product and nothing more. I find it amazing that a person like you who is running a business of your own is supposedly ignorant of such a basic concept. Check with any businessman in the world if he would refund shipping charges after he has a shipped a product.

prince_20003 said:
1. Do these dealers take responsibility of damage in transit?

The implicit answer is a big NO. Damage in transit is your responsibility unless the dealer mentions that he would take responsibility. If nothing to the effect is mentioned by the seller, you would need to get it clarified before you make the purchase.

prince_20003 said:
2. Some dealers say complaints regarding DOA will be entertained within 3 days from invoice date.... if it takes 3 days to reach the product to customer itself then who is responsible for DOA?

You would have to clarify with the seller for that before purchase.

prince_20003 said:
3. Is it really safe to order LCD monitors and HDD by courier?

Ever seen how those boxes are mishandled at airports and courier offices. So yeah its not really that safe to ship LCD Monitors. But then it only means that you have to take extra care with the terms of the seller and also use a reliable courier to ensure that your panel has max probability of survival. As for HDD, its easy to ensure that they are shipped safely.

prince_20003 said:
4. There is huge difference in courier charges by different dealers, how to decide with this, i mean how to trust with low or high price?

Courier charges change from seller to seller depending upon the courier company and the kind of service he uses. Its the sellers choice what he charges for courier, you have the choice of buying or not buying from a seller.

@Lord Nemesis -- Thanks for such nice reply ....

anyways....... for materials failing within warranty period , whom shall i approach DEALER or direct to company ???? i mean who takes care of it.....

prince_20003 said:
"okk guys... after reading this all i am more concerned of after sales service of TE Regd. dealers (how TE Regd dealers help you when something goes wrong with parcel which you get, for e.g damaged product in transport,etc) or product failure during warranty period.... how do TE Regd dealers deal with you in such cases..... I want you guys share experiences in such situations......

Thankss
"

Anyone want to talk about their ASS experiences with the dealers here.

Oh wait :ashamed:

prince_20003 said:
@Lord Nemesis -- Thanks for such nice reply ....

anyways....... for materials failing within warranty period , whom shall i approach DEALER or direct to company ???? i mean who takes care of it.....

If a product fails under warranty you should take it to the respective service center. If u are buying from a local dealer too the same applies. The max. he would do is provide you the service center address. Very few shops get the stuff from you pass it to service center and then again get it back from the service center for you.

In short, its you who should take care of your own stuff :p You should get a branded PC with onsite warranty if u need ppl to come to your house and repair/replace stuff for you.

prince_20003 said:
Warranty at the end of the day is handled by the manufacturer/distributor. Whether you want the dealer to act as an intermediary depends on the product. For most products you can go to the manufacturer/distributor directly as long as you have the proof of purchase (sale invoice). In many cases, it is the only way to go as the dealer himself recommends you to contact the manufacturer/distributor and often its the ideal solution as well. For example you may have bought a HDD from an online seller half way across the country because he has a better price than your local seller. If you need to avail warranty it will be faster and cheaper to give it to your local service center than sending it all the way to the seller.

DarkAngel said:
If a product fails under warranty you should take it to the respective service center. If u are buying from a local dealer too the same applies. The max. he would do is provide you the service center address. Very few shops get the stuff from you pass it to service center and then again get it back from the service center for you.

In short, its you who should take care of your own stuff :p You should get a branded PC with onsite warranty if u need ppl to come to your house and repair/replace stuff for you.

i am not talking about people coming to my house.. :p

see most os the TE members are from metro cities or some big cities .... i am from somewhat remote place.... so i cant run every time when problem comes to mumbai or other city for getting my parts serviced ,,as it is very inconvenient and uneconomical for me to do so....

so i just want to know about these stuff in advance....

^^ in that case just make sure that the products you buy are from brands that have a decent RMA service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back