How to connect 2 computers without internet for file sharing in windows 10?

i enable file sharing on both pc. then i right click on the folder to send and then select give access to, then i would make a new entry for everyone with both write/read permission and add it. then it would show that my file is shared on for example "\\DESKTOP-8PQJJDE\Users\USER\Desktop\". then in the 2nd pc i would use 'win" + 'r' for run box and in it i enter the file location i got from the pc hosting the file and press enter. usually it leads to the folder but if it doesnt just try "\\DESKTOP-8PQJJD\". and for u the link will be different what i have given is an example from mine. Also make sure everything is allowed in network and sharing centre in control panel.

I think you wouldn't be able to access files folders with password protection disabled. I found this issue on my home PC's. One running Windows 10 and another Windows 7. The only way I could gain access to shared folders were to enable password for the user account of the networked PC. I think with recent Windows updates accessing network shares without a password is restricted as it is a security risk.

When you try to access the shared folder Windows will prompt you for user name and password. You should enter account user name and password of the networked PC you are trying to access folder of. Windows I think will also save that user name and password so that the next sessions will be automatically logged in.

View attachment 108019
Tried this method but no luck..

Tried this method but no luck..
I’m sorry. Wish I could have been of more help.

Please read the below article, it may have some useful information.

i enable file sharing on both pc. then i right click on the folder to send and then select give access to, then i would make a new entry for everyone with both write/read permission and add it. then it would show that my file is shared on for example "\\DESKTOP-8PQJJDE\Users\USER\Desktop\". then in the 2nd pc i would use 'win" + 'r' for run box and in it i enter the file location i got from the pc hosting the file and press enter. usually it leads to the folder but if it doesnt just try "\\DESKTOP-8PQJJD\". and for u the link will be different what i have given is an example from mine. Also make sure everything is allowed in network and sharing centre in control panel.
Make the network type as Private if it is not. Also, create a local user account on the server machine and assign it a password. This is needed for file sharing. Then access the way you were using the new user and password. Local account is needed if you are using Microsoft account to login normally to your system. Another alternative would be to use your Microsoft account itself, but for that you need to specify the domain with username like MicrosoftAccount\<accountemail> along with your MS password.

Make the network type as Private if it is not. Also, create a local user account on the server machine and assign it a password. This is needed for file sharing. Then access the way you were using the new user and password. Local account is needed if you are using Microsoft account to login normally to your system. Another alternative would be to use your Microsoft account itself, but for that you need to specify the domain with username like MicrosoftAccount\<accountemail> along with your MS password.
i never had to do all that

Back