HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

Yea, shows up as charge on my HDFC bank card against my purchase on asktp! Also, on my other card (Citibank), I cannot see the pending charges but my available credit limit has gone down by approximately 11.5k (for 2 Touchpads - I have not made any other transaction on this card)!

Got it in my hands finally! :) Pics will follow soon, I don't have my camera with me atm.

It reached Aramex Hyd office today and they said delivery tomorrow. I couldn't wait and went and collected it myself from their office. lol

Those buggers, they made me wait half an hour before giving me a bill for 1725 rupees. When I told them that I had paid already by CC they went in and took another half an hour and finally gave me the package. They didn't ask me one paisa for customs. I dunno, maybe they will turn up tomorrow with the customs bill? Or did they listen to all those pleas for getting it cleared duty free? Either way, I don't really care. :p If they don't put customs, It would cost me 5600 + 1725 = 7325 rupees. That's pretty okay, I guess.

First impression- Very, very impressed. It cost as much as my phone did (OSF) and I'm going to spend tonight updating it, OC'ing it and applying all those tweaks. :)

@JT_daniel I envy you right now :)

Any updates on where the touchpad will be live, I now have 3 location from where i can get it to be shipped to India.

1. anywhere in US to NY US > India via Shopabroadonline

2. anywhere in Canada to ON > India via my Company

3. Anywhere in Europe to London > India via my Cousin

So let me know if there is any that is going on sale.

Congratulations Daniel.

Just received a mail from HP. Looks like we need to wait for a long time for the next round.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code 176265528 at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely

Another update from HP....... but not mentioning anything at all..........

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code XXXXXXXXX at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Aaaaaaaaaah........

you just beat me by two minutes.........

Anyways with no chance of getting the Pre3 @ 99USD,I hope all the hoarders sell their TP's soon

I received an email from newegg that one HP touchpad is available for me

based on seniority of auto notification feature of touchpad

I was supposed to reply by 5 am PDT but I checked it right now

They wanted a reply and phone number to complete transaction

MY CC doesnt work , no phone number

still replied I want it

Lets see what newegg says

kuduku said:
I received an email from newegg that one HP touchpad is available for me

based on seniority of auto notification feature of touchpad

I was supposed to reply by 5 am PDT but I checked it right now

They wanted a reply and phone number to complete transaction

ha ha kuduku this who;e TP episode is nothing less than exciting for you.. you were unlucky and unlucky at the same time...

BTW
MY CC doesnt work , no phone number
iska kya matlabb hai...

[attachment=9291:15948.attach]

There you go, my unboxing pictures. :)
I hope you guys get it quickly too, so that we can start having discussions about apps and stuff. :)

Attachments

• DSC02285.jpg
    DSC02285.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02287.jpg
    DSC02287.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC02290.jpg
    DSC02290.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC02291.jpg
    DSC02291.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02297.jpg
    DSC02297.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC02298.jpg
    DSC02298.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 176
techpal said:
hows it:) hows web browsing?

Excellent, really impressed so far. All flash sites load perfectly and video playback is smooth. Frankly, I don't get it why they say this is laggy, maybe it is when you compare it to the iPad2. But I've never used the iPad2 and I don't find it laggy at all. :p

Only downer is that Kindle is for US only and it won't let me log in. So are the 6 free apps. Hopefully there's a way around it. :/

Mine just reached ny office and While shipping my friend made sure it's doesn't cross 1.5kg limit and it was only 3 lbs. But ShopAndShip says 3.32 lbs :(

Sent from my Desire HD

Back