HP Touchpad for 100$ @ US online stores

But, why is everyone against selling at higher amount?? if the ebay seller sold at 250 bucks for 99 bucks product and you all think he did something wrong, then why not HP and APple are the biggest cheaters??? HP was selling at more then 400 bucks, so why not any one said something about it?? why to point only few people ?? If the ebay seller can secure HPTP then its his luck and chance and good use of brains, why to bash him? how is this correct??

vahss_11 said:
But, why is everyone against selling at higher amount?? if the ebay seller sold at 250 bucks for 99 bucks product and you all think he did something wrong, then why not HP and APple are the biggest cheaters??? HP was selling at more then 400 bucks, so why not any one said something about it?? why to point only few people ?? If the ebay seller can secure HPTP then its his luck and chance and good use of brains, why to bash him? how is this correct??

well what he is doing is buying those TP from HP for his own profit that's the reason why HP later realized one TP per buyer to stop this practice.

Is this a good deal? I know that the guy is charging $109 extra but still way cheaper than a 32GB iPad or other Android Tablets.. what say?

nash8789 said:
well what he is doing is buying those TP from HP for his own profit that's the reason why HP later realized one TP per buyer to stop this practice.

Yup but we don't really know what is HP's intention - if it is to clear off its assets then what the sellers are doing is just fine. If it is something like a promotion to promote its product then it is against HP's interest.

But in a place where sales are determined by demand the buyers have a greater responsibility, I am seeing that many bids are also ending up at around 250 bucks. The buyers are not bothered about who is going to be profited whether HP or some ebay seller, they buy it until they see some value in their purchase and this will continue until they find some alternative or get convinced that it doesn't worth that money.

@vahss_11

Why Are you in favor of it?

If I buy a Product from Apple for $200 & sell it for $500 How is that OK? People are just being ripped off. There wouldn't have been a so much demand for this product if everyone just took 1/2 instead 5/10/20 and more.

HP is selling this product at a loss, it was fairly priced according to the market & its competition when it was launched $400. Don't you think they shouldn't recover the money they spend years on researching and developing this product.. What did these guys do to justify the 100$ profit? got of their lazy a$$es and went to a store to purchase them?

Anyway The whole point people are snapping it up is its attractive price. Why pay more for a discontinued item?

No matter what others say Its not a good deal even at $240 for a 16GB, I'd rather use that money for something else or save up for an ipad if i want one.

vahss_11 said:

1.Everyone is against these hoarders,profiteers as we didnt get a single touchpad because of such $cumbags who hoarded 50-100 pieces.

2.Dont you know HP is selling these at a loss and the bill of materials itself for the touchpad is $300, so there was no need of getting angry on HP selling at $400.

3.It would be awesome to see if tomorrow some bigshot hoarders blackmarket petrol/diesel and sell you at rs 200/litre :)

Absolutely true no matter TP is dual core or what but truth is its discounted product, no future supprt, dead OS,bulky so its really not worth to pay more for it. Its better to get 16gb 1st gen ipad iby paying little more.It so so much better than HP TP. Either get TP at reasonable low price or dont.I cant understand some people paying 15-16k for it.

If we believe this piece of news then Bestbuy is going to get new fresh stocks from HP again
HP TouchPads Slated For Return To Best Buy? | TechCrunch
It was widely reported that Best Buy was sitting on over 200,000 TouchPads before HP enacted their drastic price cut, but the fire sale has come and gone, and that would normally be that. Instead, a notice in Best Buy’s Employee Toolkit system shows that their contentious relationship with the TouchPad may not be over just yet.

The image, sent to Droid Matters by a Best Buy insider, indicates that Best Buy stores will once again begin to receive TouchPad shipments. Due to the swarms of bargain-hunters last time round, employees are being instructed to stick to a ticket system and take down the information of the interested parties that come their way.

While it’s possible the notice has been pushed out just in time to make a big splash on the front cover of the Sunday circular, you shouldn’t hold your breath. Different areas tend to have different shipping schedules, but if this holds true, it’s more likely that the units will begin trickling back into stores during the middle of the week. At this point, it’s still unknown whether the notice only applies to some stores or the whole lot of them, but thanks to a bit of corporate foresight, your nearest store may soon have a new recording in their phone system that could clear up the specifics.

It’s a bit of a surprise, to be sure: 16GB TouchPads are selling for nearly double the going rate on eBay, a testament to the fact that people have all but given up on more traditional sales outlets.

HP’s own site admits that they are only “temporarily†out of inventory, and that coupled with news of a major retailer suddenly receiving stock gives me pause: how many of these things does HP have left? And more importantly for some, how many are shipping with Android inexplicably preloaded? The answers, it would seem, may come later this week.

RS4 said:
1.Everyone is against these hoarders,profiteers as we didnt get a single touchpad because of such $cumbags who hoarded 50-100 pieces.

2.Dont you know HP is selling these at a loss and the bill of materials itself for the touchpad is $300, so there was no need of getting angry on HP selling at $400.

3.It would be awesome to see if tomorrow some bigshot hoarders blackmarket petrol/diesel and sell you at rs 200/litre :)

Agreed these middlemens are getting profited, but we can't do anything about that in an open economy.

Again if some one doing that with Pertol or some necessity then the government will interfere if it is in India, not sure what is the case with US.

Even in India we can't expect any control from government over products which come in the luxury category.

RS4 said:

Reply to you point-wise :- Post is mainly for aasimenator and RS4 :)

1) As you said that just because you see most of the people are against these "Ebay sellers" , so even you think you should be against them??? Also, can you let me know if they used any illegal/wrong method to get those 50-100 TP??? Please let me know, How is this different then Using your cellphone service, or even Broadband service ?? Even Telecom operators corner Spectrum to provide you this service and charge you way more then what they pay, so then why are you using their service??? Spectrum is Extremely scarce comodity, so they corner as much as they can, so now you should be angry with them also, why are you not?? why use the service then? These "Ebay sellers" used the same method that you and me are trying to buy from, its just that they were proactive and ready to take risk , so whaTs the harm?? If they got demand then they will sell at high price. What if the demand goes down, and they are forced to sell at even less then their purchase price as HPTP is discontinued, will you buy from them at the purchase price but higher then rest of the market?? then why to go against them now?? its business, you just need to have some skills to understand that , its simple.
2) I am not saying that HP is not making loss or was making HUGE profit at more then 400 bucks price, I was saying that if the seller is selling at 250 bucks , what the hell is your problem with it?? he bought it from the market, and is now selling it in the market, why you should be angry with his deal??? Has he taken money from you?? If people are lazy and have got habbit of spoon feeding then its their own problem, why to bash Sellers for?? these sellers are getting premium for the laziness of Buyers, now if someone has got problem then they should be pro-active and not try to blame others for their own issue.

3) Its simple, if you got demand why the hell will some one not sell at higher amount?? Who has the rights to stop some one in making profits??? Is the HP TP essential commodity??? If buyer wants to buy then he will buy and if not then he wont, who has given rights to benchmark the price and limit the profit ????? RS4, I wont be shocked if you say that you dont pay higher milk prices, just because you think its high priced, if you want you will buy, if you feel its high priced, then dont buy, But how can you stop some one selling at high price????

Its easy to bash others and try to put all blames on others, but First think if you wont do the same if you are able to use your brains properly.

The above post is not to hurt anyone. :)

Back