HTC One Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Flipkart twitted that they will start pre-orders for HTC One S in first week of June.

My one X battery life suddenly stabilised today.
I was trying modaco Rom yesterday but decided to go back to Insertcoin 6.3 as it had better features.
Already had Franco R5 kernel boot image installed. So just went into Cwm recovery, did factory reset. Installed insert coin Rom with sense. Then without rebooting flashed Franco kernel modules and rebooted into the Rom .
Did titanium backup restore of my apps and using it since today nothing like that.
Just weather sync is disabled and twica auto sync disabled. 4 email accounts auto syncing with background data enabled.
See attached images. I would be running to find charger by now before today. Exactly one week old one X.

uploadfromtaptalk1337961449338.jpguploadfromtaptalk1337961471963.jpg

From my One X, in your face....

Screw One V.Desire S selling for as low as 15.9kDesire S v/s One V:- Both have ICS(desire getting upgrade)- Same processor and GPU- Desire S has front camera- Solid Design, no Long Chin(which makes it look like Jaffar from Alladin, ugly)- HUGE Community Support- Built like a tank, solid feel(used my friend's today)- Both got 5MP Cam, AF, LED flash(granted One V's is better)

Could you point me to this deal, I'm currently looking for a new phone and the Desire S seems to be it.

I was surprised as well. My phone is showing the same. Even charging rate seems to have gone up. I am going to let the phone drain completely and then re charge to 100 for couple more days. Lets see.

My one X battery life suddenly stabilised today.
I was trying modaco Rom yesterday but decided to go back to Insertcoin 6.3 as it had better features.
Already had Franco R5 kernel boot image installed. So just went into Cwm recovery, did factory reset. Installed insert coin Rom with sense. Then without rebooting flashed Franco kernel modules and rebooted into the Rom .
Did titanium backup restore of my apps and using it since today nothing like that.
Just weather sync is disabled and twica auto sync disabled. 4 email accounts auto syncing with background data enabled.
See attached images. I would be running to find charger by now before today. Exactly one week old one X.

View attachment 12005View attachment 12006

From my One X, in your face....

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Samsung Galaxy S III review -- Engadget

seems S3 doesnt have much over One X.

%

Dont let it drain to 0%; and auto switch off. Switch it off manually at say 2-5% left. Lot of horror stories of people unable to bring it back to life from 0% charge on XDA.

You can ignore that battery life graph in that review. Its clear they were constantly playing with the thing which does not happen with regular use. And see that they had made 1 reboot which caused battery drop.
And this One X is running on tweaked custom rom and a tweaked custom kernel with latest patches applied. SGS 3 will last considerably longer than our One X does. No doubt about it in my mind at all.
Check gsmarena power consumption tests.
Frankly SGS3 has hardware side well covered when competing against One X. Tegra 3 One X is out gunned. The big thing One X has going for itself is design and build.

Today Flipkart twitted that they will start pre-orders for HTC One S in first week of June.

Any idea how it'll be priced though? Should be an SGS II competitor so IMHO it should be priced a little higher than it. Maybe 27-28k. But knowing HTC, i wouldnt be surprised to see an MRP of 30-32k on it.

Any idea how it'll be priced though? Should be an SGS II competitor so IMHO it should be priced a little higher than it. Maybe 27-28k. But knowing HTC, i wouldnt be surprised to see an MRP of 30-32k on it.

I hope ur assumptions fall right down and the pricing is more like 25 - 27 k . :)

Except the browser, I dont see One X loosing too much ground to the S3. In anycase, thats a decent tradeoff for a device that looks like its worthy of the 35K we pay for it.
And real like performance of the battery should be pretty close for both considering Tegra is more power efficient (if and when HTC gets the software right) when in standby. But power users will most likely prefer the S3 since if the phones are used on all cores continuously, the S3's bigger battery will pull it through longer.

Btw my power did go down to zero couple of days before and worked fine right after I plugged it in. Thank god! Never letting that happen again.

%

Dont let it drain to 0%; and auto switch off. Switch it off manually at say 2-5% left. Lot of horror stories of people unable to bring it back to life from 0% charge on XDA.

You can ignore that battery life graph in that review. Its clear they were constantly playing with the thing which does not happen with regular use. And see that they had made 1 reboot which caused battery drop.
And this One X is running on tweaked custom rom and a tweaked custom kernel with latest patches applied. SGS 3 will last considerably longer than our One X does. No doubt about it in my mind at all.
Check gsmarena power consumption tests.
Frankly SGS3 has hardware side well covered when competing against One X. Tegra 3 One X is out gunned. The big thing One X has going for itself is design and build.

//snip

Edit : Just noticed that Xperia P will be priced @ 24.5k.So I guess 26-27k will be appropriate price for One S.

One X owners who are rooted..
Please reboot your phone. Then open ES file explorer or root explorer and navigate to root ( / )
And go to /proc
Scroll down to find a file names "last_kmsg"
Copy it and paste it on /sdcard somewhere and then access it using your computer using notepad.

Search for the panel_id using notepad search (Ctrl + F) and do post what is your panel ID.

E.g mine is 0x294000f
This is to determine which panel you have on your phone.
0x294000f is slightly yellower one but has better contrast, crisper images and less grainy appearance. Just badly calibrated which HTC has fixed a bit with 1.29.
The other one on international One X is slightly cold in nature, and has whiter whites but has horizontal grid lines that are visible when you see it up close.

too drunk to do that now :p

But will do it this week and see what I have.

One X owners who are rooted..
Please reboot your phone. Then open ES file explorer or root explorer and navigate to root ( / )
And go to /proc
Scroll down to find a file names "last_kmsg"
Copy it and paste it on /sdcard somewhere and then access it using your computer using notepad.

Search for the panel_id using notepad search (Ctrl + F) and do post what is your panel ID.

E.g mine is 0x294000f
This is to determine which panel you have on your phone.
0x294000f is slightly yellower one but has better contrast, crisper images and less grainy appearance. Just badly calibrated which HTC has fixed a bit with 1.29.
The other one on international One X is slightly cold in nature, and has whiter whites but has horizontal grid lines that are visible when you see it up close.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Btw, did you do the battery test?

Nah, I keep fiddling with my phone too much.
But its now giving me constant 3+ hours of screen usage during day with still some juice left. Thats enough for me. I will do screen test mostly on Wednesday when I have free time to keep phone untouched for 1 hour.

Nah, I keep fiddling with my phone too much.
But its now giving me constant 3+ hours of screen usage during day with still some juice left. Thats enough for me. I will do screen test mostly on Wednesday when I have free time to keep phone untouched for 1 hour.

Let me know what happens here. Bcs we can then gauge performance and shift to whats best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back