HTC One Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the One X i had ordered from ngPay has kinda conked off today. I can't get the screen to power on. I am just hoping they exchange it on the spot or within a day. This happens with every tegra device. last year the G2X had issues and this time early One X users are facing problems. Last time people decided that it must be due to not so competent quality control of LG but what is the excuse this time. Everyone knows HTC makes build to last phones. And the major issue this time has been with screens so who knows who is at fault this time.

So the One X i had ordered from ngPay has kinda conked off today. I can't get the screen to power on. I am just hoping they exchange it on the spot or within a day. This happens with every tegra device. last year the G2X had issues and this time early One X users are facing problems. Last time people decided that it must be due to not so competent quality control of LG but what is the excuse this time. Everyone knows HTC makes build to last phones. And the major issue this time has been with screens so who knows who is at fault this time.
HTC is facing quality issues with this unit though.
Mainly those made in March and Early April.
Those made from 2nd week onwards in April have the quality issues fixed to large extent.
The Nvidia related issues are actually driver related issues which are fixed in 1.29.xxx firmares.
What you have looks like a hardware failure.
HTC replaced mine in a day flat. The new one I got is actually grey one made in mid April and is doing well.

Guys, test your batteries using the tool.

Type *#*#3424#*#*, them more and then run the battery test. Post back what your getting.

I lost 30 percent in the battery test.

HTC is facing quality issues with this unit though.
Mainly those made in March and Early April.
Those made from 2nd week onwards in April have the quality issues fixed to large extent.
The Nvidia related issues are actually driver related issues which are fixed in 1.29.xxx firmares.
What you have looks like a hardware failure.
HTC replaced mine in a day flat. The new one I got is actually grey one made in mid April and is doing well.

Did they give you a brand new phone as replacement?
Any criteria that they might have for giving replacement or repairing the phone.

Mine was DOA. Had terrible screen issues (not the corruption issues, but the ripple effect with even slight touch on screen). They gave me completely brand new phone as replacement. No questions asked.

Guys need recommendations for Screen protector and case.

I bought that Rs.199 one from eBay. Its crap. Due to contoured screen, it does not fit or stick to screen properly.
Scratch guard branded one is also not sticking as it usually does in other phones. I think you have to go for wet application one for this phone of you want it to last for any amount of time.
This phone has given me noire headache than any other as far as scratch guards are concerned. The scratch guard branded one had already stayed to come off. Sad that gadgetshield are closed. That would have been ideal. They were the only one I knew who made wrt application screen protectors locally.
Now only option is to import.

From my One X, in your face....

I bought that Rs.199 one from eBay. Its crap. Due to contoured screen, it does not fit or stick to screen properly.
Scratch guard branded one is also not sticking as it usually does in other phones. I think you have to go for wet application one for this phone of you want it to last for any amount of time.
This phone has given me noire headache than any other as far as scratch guards are concerned. The scratch guard branded one had already stayed to come off. Sad that gadgetshield are closed. That would have been ideal. They were the only one I knew who made wrt application screen protectors locally.
Now only option is to import.

From my One X, in your face....

oleophobic screen. Its worth the headache. Going through the XDA forums thread. Its massive! My relatives are coming in from the states, hoping I can get some nice cases for HOX, PlayBook and Kindle. LOL!

oleophobic screen. Its worth the headache. Going through the XDA forums thread. Its massive! My relatives are coming in from the states, hoping I can get some nice cases for HOX, PlayBook and Kindle. LOL!
This is my 4th phone with oleophobic coating screen. None had proven this difficult. Not complaining though. I handle my devices really carefully. And I have given up on finding a scratch guard. I am going the liquid armor way which is enough for my primary goal of protecting phone from the sand grain scratches.

And I have ordered this case :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lovely-Cloud-Duck-Cartoon-Soft-Rubber-SKIN-CASE-COVER-MASK-FOR-HTC-ONEX-One-X?item=200756153925&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8575524564296044152#ht_4173wt_1163

Not because I like the design, but out of all cases I have looked, this has the best back protection which covers large part of the lens as well. And my sis will be fine with this design. Using a hard shell cover until this one comes.

%
Just an update.
I was getting annoyed by battery life of One X so decided to do fresh install of insert coin ROM day before yesterday and during Aroma install just out of curiosity, chose to remove HTC sense from the options. (I was already on Insert coin after trying the Revolution HD but with Sense installed ). And there, the battery life suddenly went up by the margin of 20-30 %. No longer 4-5%; drops in matter of minutes while browsing or checking twitter account or basically doing anything with the screen ON on the phone.
Sense 4 might look slick and tidy on the front but the damn thing is still a battery hogger like good old days.
Long live XDA. And HTC, get your $#!t right. Stunning phone let down seriously by bad coding. The Sense 4 is probably the worst custom UI as far as battery life is concerned. So much useless crap running in the background. Not even Samsung's TWUI was this bad for battery.
Such a beautiful phone, let down by 1 small thing.

%
Just an update.
I was getting annoyed by battery life of One X so decided to do fresh install of insert coin ROM day before yesterday and during Aroma install just out of curiosity, chose to remove HTC sense from the options. (I was already on Insert coin after trying the Revolution HD but with Sense installed ). And there, the battery life suddenly went up by the margin of 20-30 %. No longer 4-5%; drops in matter of minutes while browsing or checking twitter account or basically doing anything with the screen ON on the phone.
Sense 4 might look slick and tidy on the front but the damn thing is still a battery hogger like good old days.
Long live XDA. And HTC, get your $#!t right. Stunning phone let down seriously by bad coding. The Sense 4 is probably the worst custom UI as far as battery life is concerned. So much useless crap running in the background. Not even Samsung's TWUI was this bad for battery.
Such a beautiful phone, let down by 1 small thing.

Could you do a battery test and let me know how much remains after 1 hour? That should give us a more accurate grasp on how much the sense 4 is draining the battery.

%
Could you do a battery test and let me know how much remains after 1 hour? That should give us a more accurate grasp on how much the sense 4 is draining the battery.
Under idle measuring difference is difficult due to bug in the battery monitor in all ROMs where it sometimes fails to refresh itself when in deep sleep.
The real measurement of battery life will be possible only over a day. But there is definitely noticeable difference. I am at 86%; battery life having unplugged the phone at 3AM today. The only time I plugged phone back was just a while back to flash new Franco R5 kernel.
The thing is sense loads up and refreshes tons of stuff in background as soon as your phone wakes up from deep sleep and you start using it.
Just waking up the phone and using Tapatalk for 5 minutes used to drop the battery by 2-3% or even more.
Thats not happening anymore. The drop is now moderate as it should be.
Lets see, I will post the screenshot of daily activity at the end of the day.

%
Under idle measuring difference is difficult due to bug in the battery monitor in all ROMs where it sometimes fails to refresh itself when in deep sleep.
The real measurement of battery life will be possible only over a day. But there is definitely noticeable difference. I am at 86%; battery life having unplugged the phone at 3AM today. The only time I plugged phone back was just a while back to flash new Franco R5 kernel.
The thing is sense loads up and refreshes tons of stuff in background as soon as your phone wakes up from deep sleep and you start using it.
Just waking up the phone and using Tapatalk for 5 minutes used to drop the battery by 2-3% or even more.
Thats not happening anymore. The drop is now moderate as it should be.
Lets see, I will post the screenshot of daily activity at the end of the day.

Wasnt talking about idle. Test using the diagnostic tool.

Type *#*#3424#*#*, them more and then run the battery test. Post back what your getting.

Wasnt talking about idle. Test using the diagnostic tool.

Cant run that at the moment. I am on ROM with debugging module taken out.

Shut down all the apps running in the BG that wouldnt normally run before that and put the phone in Airplane mode.. P
ut ur phone on full brightness and screen time out set to never.
Take a black wallpaper, open it and keep it open. Let this run for 15 mins to 30 mins. Note the time and % of battery before you start and after 30 mins.

I know a bit of a chore, but should help us gauge the performance so we can find the best ROM out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back