HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

@varkey: Do we really to tell those Reliance World people to activate EVDO on the number? I recently got a phone activated and I am able to use data on it. The problem is even though it shows 3G, it only gives me 1X speed which is very strange cause my signal bar is almost always full. When I got the MEID registered the person did gave me EVDO username and password and I have successfully programmed everything in my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine is coming from US next month and he is carrying over 4 new phones for his family is there a possibility he can evade customs ?

Also i need to get a phone for me from there :lol:

Tell him to discard the boxes and keep the phones and accessories only.
No customs will be charged.
Have done it multiple times

varkey: Do we really to tell those Reliance World people to activate EVDO on the number? I recently got a phone activated and I am able to use data on it. The problem is even though it shows 3G, it only gives me 1X speed which is very strange cause my signal bar is almost always full. When I got the MEID registered the person did gave me EVDO username and password and I have successfully programmed everything in my phone.

Yes, it has to be activated separately else you will only get 1x speeds even if you have entered the EVDO credentials. But they won't understand the term EVDO, tell them to activate HSD - High Speed Data. You can also call *355 and get it done, but you will probably have to call a few times! :p

Thanks but wont they check the luggage ?

Better phones options from US ?

They do,but without boxes they usually wont ask.
Even if they ask,tell them they are for your own personal use.
They never asked my brother nor my parents ,the three times they traveled to the states and there were lots more than just phones(but this is at Hyderabad Airport)

Yes, it has to be activated separately else you will only get 1x speeds even if you have entered the EVDO credentials. But they won't understand the term EVDO, tell them to activate HSD - High Speed Data. You can also call *355 and get it done, but you will probably have to call a few times! :p

Should I just ask them to activate HSD? I tried it with *355 and 198 both were useless. 198 guy said data is activated and I am supposed to get 15-20kbps. The *355 person said I should ask the mobile wing of customer care cause the *355 guys only deal with Netconnect+ and unless I use it in my PC they won't do anything about it. I hope the Reliance World people can do it. They are pretty dumb actually. The guy who did my number activation did even knew what MSID\MIN meant.

^ Keep calling *355. Tell them you are using it on a Open Market Handset which takes a RUIM/SIM. They will take the request.

Voice/Data Lost after Handset change request

^ Keep calling *355. Tell them you are using it on a Open Market Handset which takes a RUIM/SIM. They will take the request.
Hi Varkey, today i received SMS from reliance e that "your handset change request has been processed. pls switch off & on phone after some time.
After that htc one v voice/data connection lost in 2 second only. i write down AKey successfully. Voice and data working before this message.
reliace message was in response to HSD activation. now i cant not receive/call more than 2 sec. please suggest.

Hey Varkey, I ordered from Ebay with *228 enabled. please help me if i need to request any other information from Seller to resolve 2 sec call drop issue and EVDO activation. My phone will be shipped on Monday. Thanks in advance :)

I guess your post was pending moderation.

The seller should have configured all that before hand if he has sold you a handset registered with Reliance. EVDO credentials also the seller should have pre configured.

Anyway you still need to get the HSD service activated before you can enjoy 3G/EVDO speeds.

@varkey - *355 people tell me that the number is strictly for netconnect+ users. For handsets, they're asking me to call *333.
Have you checked the prl file (that you uploaded)on your one V?

Hi Varky, I request CC to activate HSD and yday i received message " Your handset change request has been processed. pls switch ON/Off your phone."
after that m facing Voice call/Data connection drop after 2 second. I successfully authenticate AKey as given by seller. please suggest me to solve this issue.

varkey - *355 people tell me that the number is strictly for netconnect+ users. For handsets, they're asking me to call *333.
Have you checked the prl file (that you uploaded)on your one V?

I had mentioned already. Keep calling, you will get someone who will take the request for you. I found that the *355 guys atleast know about HSD / EVDO etc. *333 guys are useless.

And when you call *355, mention that you are using a Galaxy Pop or something which uses an OMH sim.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, I haven't tried that PRL on the One V yet, but it should ideally work. Even the file size is greater than the previous PRL.

I think there is something wrong with the PRL you have posted. PRL editor is giving me three errors on opening it. Which PRL is it anyways? I am using 10005 these days. Before that I was using 5.

Thanks Varkey for quick response.
Well i managed to activate EVDO/HSD as CC told me EVDO is active for my number.
That solve Call engage issue when Mobile Data Connection is ON.
But not getting EVDO Speed and Mobile Network Shows 1XRTT.
When i start Mobile Network, Phone First try EVDO Rev0 then EVDO revA finally connected to 1XRTT.
seller said EVDO Configuration for ONE V already set.
and for *355 what i noticed is when i call in day time they said call *333, No support for Mobile Connection.
but after 10 PM CC response was +ve for EVDO ;) and Galaxy POP i559 and OMH Card hint works.
they take the request and after 5 day when i inquired told me EVDO is active.
so now issue is in my phone Configuration? Anyone?

Seller is not responding for EVDO credentials, nvDump file.
Said EVDO parameter already done.
Reliance Activated EVDO setting but network connected to 1XRTT.
what to do?

I guess the PRL wasn't extracted properly, will test it and upload another one.
@amixt : You need to get the EVDO credentials from the seller, I am not sure if anyone else will be able to provide that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is something wrong with the PRL you have posted. PRL editor is giving me three errors on opening it. Which PRL is it anyways? I am using 10005 these days. Before that I was using 5.

Can you post the 10005 PRL?

Back