HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

Here is my story ( EVDO Activation)

1. Received *228 enabled HTC ONE V from seller.
2. Visit RWW to transfer phone number.
3. Issue: Voice call/Data disconnect after 2 second.
4. Solution: Re-Authenticate A-Key as provided by seller.
Voice/Data 1XRTT working effectively.
5. Issue: Voice call engage when Data Connection active(means EVDO not activated by Reliance)
6. Request For EVDO/HSD/OMH Card Update to CC *355.(Night duty CC executive understand the issue)
Hint: Galaxy pop i559/OMH card update works.
7. After 5 days received sms: "handset change request processed successfully.
8. Issue/solution: Voice/Data disconnect after 2 sec. Re-Authenticate A-Key Solved the issue.
Also Call engage when data is active issue resolve. (means EVDO activated by Reliance)
9. Finally Flashed NV Item Dump using cdma workshop.
10. Voila!! EVDO Working. 1.69 mbps download rate.

Help Please!

I'd like to sell my one V to a friend but, unfortunately, reliance people tell me that if I transfer my number to a RUIM, the MEID of my handset may get blocked in their database or may fail to refresh and my friend will not be able to transfer his number to this phone. What should I do? How do I re-program the phone to accept my friend's number?

I'd like to sell my one V to a friend but, unfortunately, reliance people tell me that if I transfer my number to a RUIM, the MEID of my handset may get blocked in their database or may fail to refresh and my friend will not be able to transfer his number to this phone. What should I do? How do I re-program the phone to accept my friend's number?

Nothing like that. If you have activated HSD, first get it deactivated. Then visit a Reliance World and ask them to transfer, they have the option to release the MEID. (I believe its automatically done when you transfer it properly)

I have done it and after that I verified by SMS and it said the phone can be activated again on a different number.

You should be able to dial *228 and get it activated like the first time.

Back