HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

I think you should join Reliance & train a team for EVDO activations, believe me they can start a new business since many CDMA smartphones in US/Europe are selling like cheapos.
Reliance will earn & U will earn & people will be happy....period.

You forgot to insert politicians/babus somewhere in there.

WTF Man :(

HopShopGo still aint added it to my account.

Really pissed now, their customer care chat has no clue... And I haven't got any email reply yet, if they update after the 31st,im ****ed.

Yeah, been doing that since yesterday, finally after numerous emails , they added it now a few minutes ago...chargeable weight only 0.50 kg :D

Hehe! You got lucky. What's the actual weight?

My package was shipped and I got the DHL tracking number as well. :)

Hehe! You got lucky. What's the actual weight?

My package was shipped and I got the DHL tracking number as well. :)

Worth waiting :p
Saved a few $$$$ ....costs me only 3.26$ Via express DHL from US TO INDIA xD

Expected delivery date

2013-01-07

Total weight

0.5kg

Summary of charges
International Shipping
(Upgrade Express) $ 20.75
Paypal special 10% discount $ -2.08
Discounted international Charges $ 18.67
Fuel surcharge $ 2.80
Insurance $ 0.46
Promo/Voucher Code Applied:
PPLNOV10 $ -18.67
Total Payment $ 3.26

- - - Updated - - -

After i made the payment,the package dissapeared !! :O

Its nowhere to be seen :O

Well even I bought this phone here in US and was able to root and then flash it to a prepaid service PagePlus here ($80 per year).

Very soon I would be returning to India, any pointers on how to flash it to Reliance?

EDIT: Just saw the posts by varkey and kanishk619, so a lot is already being discussed.

My phone is already rooted and MSL is changed to all zeros, so as if I understand correctly, I need to do the following steps -

1. Register my MEID at Reliance Web World and get a plan
2. Upload the Reliance PRL (where to get it?)
3. Do an OTA updated (*228)

After doing the above steps Voice, SMS and 1x data should work?

EVDO looks complex to setup, need to get into the details. This is my first time in CDMA world, with some efforts I was able to flash the One V to PagePlus here in US, hope to get it done to Reliance as well.

I noticed one thing though, the naming convention used in India seems to be very different than what is used in US.

I hope MSL is called SPC there and ESN is called as MEID.

What is pESN and OMH? :S

Webworld guys will not register meid. You need to find some other guy.

Esn is an older format of cdma device identification number just like meid.
pESN is calculated on the basis MEID, pESN can be same for many meid.
Omh is known as open market handset, on the older sim number which aren't omh, evdo will not work.
MSL=SPC

Webworld guys will not register meid. You need to find some other guy.

I had emailed Reliance customer care, and they confirmed twice that I just need to visit the Web World to register the RSN / MEID / ESN etc and they would do it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway as mentioned by someone on another forum I contacted -- http://www.rimweb.in/forums/user/24797-tarun-kabra/

He said it would be Rs 500 per handset, and he will register the MEID, provide the Akey and the EVDO parameters ie user id / pass. Zero support.

Yup, zero support. Lack of support is what makes the buyers frustrated. They wont help you out even if the problem is compared to none.

Sure about registration? That would be great, however i dont think they can figure out the evdo thing.
No updates yet from my local webworld store. They are saying that thr is no option in the portal and they are not aware of such implementation.

Sure about registration? That would be great, however i dont think they can figure out the evdo thing.

Well, that's what two different customer care reps said. I will try at a Reliance Web World first once I get the phones. Lets hope for the best! :)

- - - Updated - - -

No updates yet from my local webworld store. They are saying that thr is no option in the portal and they are not aware of such implementation.

Will go with a copy of the email conversation, will have some ground to talk to them! :p I guess they can place a request which can later be processed by the back-end team?

I should receive the phones in the next 2-3 days, so will go and check during the weekend.

I didn't know international packages came for bulk clearance at Bangalore too! I was under the impression all these guys use only Delhi or Mumbai

I had ordered something from the US,that came via fedex direct from US-->Paris-->Dubai--> Bangalore -->Manipal....

HopshopGo hasent shipped mine yet :mad:

I guess saturday isnt a working day for them :mad:

I didn't know international packages came for bulk clearance at Bangalore too! I was under the impression all these guys use only Delhi or Mumbai

They do, even my last two packages by DHL were cleared at Bangalore, delivered at Cochin. Maybe it depends on the final destination of the package, or simply the availability of connecting flights.

- - - Updated - - -

Just called DHL and they said only the clearance paperwork is completed and the shipment is not actually released. As per now the duty amount including their handling charge is Rs 593, but it is not yet finalized.

Back