HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

Package is out for delivery, but I'll be back in Bangalore only on Thursday. :(

Shipped on Friday and delivery on Tuesday. 4th day. Not bad. :)

So did everyone get their yet? Its a nice device, you'll like it. Its my first android phone, been using samsung focus for sometime now..

Got my package, but got screwed with the customs duty! :mad:

The exact value that I paid was automatically declared by HopShopGo after adding their shipping cost too. DHL had prepared the BOE with all the details pre entered and the duty was coming to Rs 200. The customs guy just cut the whole thing and put assessable value as Rs 20000 per phone! :( Had to pay about Rs 400 per phone plus DHL handling fee of around Rs 400. :'(

They had opened the main box, and the individual phone boxes as well breaking the seal. Took the phone out, and didn't even close the battery door properly. Anyway it was all sealed back with DHL tape saying it was opened during customs clearance. They also wrote a note saying it is an HTC One V with standard accessories on the BOE.

They may have checked mine cause the box was pretty big (thanks to Amazon :mad:) and would have wondered why a Cell Phone box was so big.

prateekS - If its Bangalore, then your case may be similar too! :( It will show that it cleared customs immediately, but just call CC and confirm the duty amount to avoid any surprises when the delivery guy comes.

Regarding MEID registration, went to a Reliance Mobile Store (not a Reliance World) today and initially when I explained it, the representative was saying he can get it activated with no problem. Then he checked the MEID status by sending an SMS which obviously was returned with an 'MEID not found' message. Then he started explaining to me that, the particular MEID is 'blocked' and I need to visit National Market in Bangalore which I believe is some place selling grey market or other mobile stuff to get it 'unblocked' by doing something on the phone and it can't be done by Reliance as per him. :facepalm: I tried my best to explain it to him that the MEID must be registered in the Reliance system before it can be activated, and it has nothing to do with the phone itself and cannot be 'unblocked' without Reliance actually adding it to their system. But he didn't budge and his friend joined too with the same statement. I said goodbye and asked him the directions to the nearest proper Reliance World. Will go there on Monday and update you guys.

Damn wtf...ill give them the amazon invoice...where do i call?

called DHL ,they said customs duty is 476,,,and he doesnt know whether it includes the DHL charge or not,he told me to call back monday...

Damn wtf...ill give them the amazon invoice...where do i call?

called DHL ,they said customs duty is 476,,,and he doesnt know whether it includes the DHL charge or not,he told me to call back monday...

The Amazon invoice was there inside the box in my case, and the same amount (plus shipping) was declared by HopShopGo, but even then they re-valued it. There is no need or an option to submit the invoice (anyway its already there with the package)

Initially when I called, they told me the duty amount based on the declared value, but the next day it was updated. Call them and ask if they have the Bill of Entry (BOE) available, if yes ask them to send it, it will have the full details. If the BOE is not available, the actual data is not yet updated in the system.

The Amazon invoice was there inside the box in my case, and the same amount (plus shipping) was declared by HopShopGo, but even then they re-valued it. There is no need or an option to submit the invoice (anyway its already there with the package)

Initially when I called, they told me the duty amount based on the declared value, but the next day it was updated. Call them and ask if they have the Bill of Entry (BOE) available, if yes ask them to send it, it will have the full details. If the BOE is not available, the actual data is not yet updated in the system.

How much was ur initial charge?

I bought one of these for 6,841 INR from GEB and by the time it got to me I had already bought another handset. Now I have no other choice but to sell it.

I wonder if anybody would be interested in buying it. People are selling it for around 9k on ebay India.

It wasn't 25 days ago. Massive price reduction due to Christmas. And the sellers are sticking to the same price now.

Will sell it on ebay. Just need some time investment.

No mate it was available 25 days ago for around 6.8 k and then u had to apply a coupon...

Regarding MEID registration, went to a Reliance Mobile Store (not a Reliance World) today and initially when I explained it, the representative was saying he can get it activated with no problem. Then he checked the MEID status by sending an SMS which obviously was returned with an 'MEID not found' message. Then he started explaining to me that, the particular MEID is 'blocked' and I need to visit National Market in Bangalore which I believe is some place selling grey market or other mobile stuff to get it 'unblocked' by doing something on the phone and it can't be done by Reliance as per him. :facepalm: I tried my best to explain it to him that the MEID must be registered in the Reliance system before it can be activated, and it has nothing to do with the phone itself and cannot be 'unblocked' without Reliance actually adding it to their system. But he didn't budge and his friend joined too with the same statement. I said goodbye and asked him the directions to the nearest proper Reliance World. Will go there on Monday and update you guys.

Since you are going for MEID registration, I suppose you have changed your SPC\MSL to 000000. If not, do you know your SPC\MSL?

No mate it was available 25 days ago for around 6.8 k and then u had to apply a coupon...

I don't know what coupon you are talking about. Kindly enlighten me.

Then why don't you spend about five hundred to get MEID registered? The Reliance people will also demand some money for it.

The Reliance World guys are supposed to do it for free or for a fixed official fee, and I want to try that way first rather than get it done unofficially. Its not really about saving the Rs 500, but more about learning and getting it done myself. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

By coupon I meant 7% off ones... And varkey they told me my customs duty is 476 inclusive of all charges.

That's great then! :) Did you get a copy of the BOE?

The Reliance World guys are supposed to do it for free or for a fixed official fee, and I want to try that way first rather than get it done unofficially. Its not really about saving the Rs 500, but more about learning and getting it done myself. ;)

In that case I would be happy to help if you get stuck somewhere. Also you need to be stern with those Web World guys. They won't give in so easily.

Loaded the Reliance PRL, and it registered to the network. I am able to dial *228 and I get the Welcome to Reliance message but probably cause the MEID is not registered it says the device cannot be activated, please contact Reliance customer care.

So I guess its ready to be activated and just need the MEID to be registered in their system.

In that case I would be happy to help if you get stuck somewhere. Also you need to be stern with those Web World guys. They won't give in so easily.

Thanks! :) True, will keep the thread updated with the results!

Back