HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

Got the bill of entry.They have taken value as Rs. 10000 , there were two other entries along with mine.....one was a nexus 4 which was value at 23k,customs re-wrote the nexus 4 value as 34000 and also there was a lumia 900,valued at 18k,customs rewrote that too as 24k....This is really sad.

have to pay 577 duty,earlier it was 80 Rs. excluding DHL charge...

^ Rs 10000 is fine, mine was valued at Rs 20000. :(

So Rs 577 is the total amount that you need to pay incl DHL charges, right?

OMG! @varkey ull be jealous of me... I paid no customs... Just collected the phone.. From bluedart... Spending the money saved at dominos...

I have now learnt one thing, I'll always use DHL/FEDEX for any foreign purchases, i purchased 4 times from mp4nation.net, no customs via FedEx, stuff from china twice, no customs with dhl.. And now dhl from USA.. No customs.. I guess my location is too remote... Even after the bill of entry showing that I have to pay customs, i was in for a surprise at the bluedart counter
I'm very happy... Right now..

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! varkey ull be jealous of me... I paid no customs... Just collected the phone.. From bluedart... Spending the money saved at dominos...

I have now learnt one thing, I'll always use DHL/FEDEX for any foreign purchases, i purchased 4 times from mp4nation.net, no customs via FedEx, stuff from china twice, no customs with dhl.. And now dhl from USA.. No customs.. I guess my location is too remote... Even after the bill of entry showing that I have to pay customs, i was in for a surprise at the bluedart counter
I'm very happy... Right now..

Hehe, congrats! :)

So you are saying, you were never actually charged customs for any of your shipments or they simply forgot to collect it at the time of delivery?

PS : If the BOE showed that customs was paid, its mostly an error from the local Bluedart office's side. They will realize eventually and may ask you to pay, but since they already delivered it, there is not much they can do. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

will this work with MTS ? mts fellos told me that any OHA CDMA will work on their network

If you can get the MEID registered with MTS, yes.

You mean OMH? This one doesn't have a slot to insert a RUIM/SIM.

Hehe, congrats! :)

So you are saying, you were never actually charged customs for any of your shipments or they simply forgot to collect it at the time of delivery?

PS : If the BOE showed that customs was paid, its mostly an error from the local Bluedart office's side. They will realize eventually and may ask you to pay, but since they already delivered it, there is not much they can do. ;)

No i never checked if i had to pay customs before,they never charged me......this is the first time i had asked for a boe....

Loaded the Reliance PRL, and it registered to the network. I am able to dial *228 and I get the Welcome to Reliance message but probably cause the MEID is not registered it says the device cannot be activated, please contact Reliance customer care.

So I guess its ready to be activated and just need the MEID to be registered in their system.

Thanks! :) True, will keep the thread updated with the results!

Where did you get the reliance PRL from? Does it varies from circle to circle?

Great work man, keep us posted so that it serves as a good learning experience for everyone who wants to try their hands on CDMA setup!

The prl does not vary from circle ot circle. youcan use software like cdma workshop to load the prl. usually the spc is 00000 for unlocked handsets. previously when cdma operators would not accept meid's,the procedure to activate the phones were a tedious one. now ypui just need to register the meid and load the correct prl. @aalok since you have not registered the prl,you are getting the message that "contact reliance customer care".

@cyclops13 : I got the PRL from rimweb, and as @aalok said, its easily available if you just google it.

I still couldn't go to the Reliance World to see if they will register the MEID, will probably go this weekend.
@sumatrix : Yes, got that. :) The MEID is not yet registered which is the reason for the error message.

I think they ill if you have some contacts.If not do speak to them when the rush is less. they will be willing to listen to you.also some of the guys there are really interested to learn stuff like this.

So I tried few Reliance Worlds in Bangalore but no luck. Everyone keeps saying its "blocked" and has to be "unblocked" and as per them its not done by Reliance! :p Anyway after understanding the knowledge level of the Reliance World guys with respect to foreign handsets, I went ahead and got the MEID registered from Tarun Kabra (Rimweb) for Rs 500. It took about 3 days and I got the Akey, EVDO User/Pass and NVDump (which makes it easier to configure the EVDO credentials) from him. Then I tried dialing *228 and it asked for the 9 digit code which meant the handset has been successfully registered.

So the same day I went to the Reliance World at Cunningham Rd, Bangalore as it seemed less crowded and then they say that the new connection can't be activated directly to the new phone or you need an existing connection with Reliance. Due to the tele verification process, the connection could be activated only the next day and handset transfer can be made only once the number is active. So I went again the next day after the the connection got activated. Regarding handset transfers they are well aware and did it in less than 3 min. He just took my number, then the MEID (Hex) and it was done. I had to dial *228 and it programmed the phone OTA with the MDN, and other such details and phone restarted.

Since I wanted to check whether the Akey gets programmed OTA (which didn't happen), I had not programmed the Akey earlier, so the calls got disconnected after 2s or so. Which got fixed once I came home and wrote the Akey to the phone.

I told the guy at the Reliance World to activate data, and I specifically mentioned HSD. He said I need to activate a data plan first, so I recharged for Rs 94. After which he activated HSD on the number. I wasn't sure as everywhere it was mentioned EVDO activation takes few days etc and it wasn't this easy. He himself wasn't sure, and said this is the only option related to high speed data so this must be it. But data didn't actually work at that time even though I had pre programmed the EVDO and normal data credentials. I reached home and called 198, *355 (Netconnect Customer Care) repeatedly until I got someone who was willing to listen to what I was saying. After few minutes he said High Speed Data was indeed active and I can start using it right away.

But still enabling data on the phone gave an error saying Data Service Unavailable, I accidently pressed the Activate this Device button in the settings page and then the data connection got enabled ;) Anyway if I disconnect, I need to repeat the process to connect again. Have to check what might be causing it.

And yes EVDO was indeed active and data once connected works perfectly! :)

Hey Varkey, I ordered from Ebay with *228 enabled. please help me if i need to request any other information from Seller to resolve 2 sec call drop issue and EVDO activation. My phone will be shipped on Monday. Thanks in advance :)

Back