HTC Touch Pro 2 availability in India

Hi, Sprint htc tp2 model keyboard is in black colour. But usually all forums showing silver colour keyboard. Actually what colours of tp2 available.? Is black Keyboard tp2 is avaibale in India in grey market.?

scoOter bobBy said:
HTC's Touch Pro2 is among the new phones expected to ship with Windows Mobile 6.5.

this has to be a joke. not on a day your about to empty your piggy bank. im telling you.. there is a Money God!!!

now what!?

Besides, the guys here are buying phones that are attached to carriers. They obvioulsy won't be getting warranty or any support from the respective manufacturers or carriers. All they need to do is head over to XDA and pick up a custom / HTC developed ROM from an ocean of them.
Regarding your offer... like I said earlier... it's too darn expensive for the T-Mobile version especially with no 3G and Cam. Nobody here would want that.

Thanks for offering to help though.

@ramrao... you won't be able to use both, The Sprint TP2 (Black / Orange Combo) and the Verizon TP2 (Black / Green Combo)

Aside from this, AT&T Fortress (Black / Reddish Combo... looks like crap and they screwed up the keyboard arrangement) should be out soon... heck it was supposed to be out on the 24th of August. Still no sign though. rumours are that they may debut it after the release of Win Mo 6.5

Your best bet is the HTC Unbranded version.

hi friends, I am chaithanya from Andhra pradesh

@ rama rao... TP2 fro T - mobile and sprint is black color and the back side also different not like that original TP2. And these versions are very cheap than the original one. Because T-mobile offering TP2 with 2 years contact for 350$ where as the original one is 620$( so far i saw, this is the cheapest price in US)

i think in naresh also selling this t - mobile version. My suggestion is dont go for it , it doesn't look good

Nearly from two months i am searching fro this, I searched so many websites, and in ebay also for the price, finally I placed a order yesterday in an US website (cellswholesale.com).

the price is : 639.99 and he gave 40$ discount
shipping to India 57$
It will take 3 to 4 business days

Sorry for my english if any mistakes :)

hey guyz i am back.. after making my above post through my touch pro 2.. i believe me and rheo are the 1st ones to have tp2 in thr hands in this forum :D..
well as my first impressions.. its an amazing fone.. bit bulky bt worth it.. luks r totally killer ones!!
In the box:-
user manual n stuff...
htc tp2
battery
additional stylus
screen guard
charger adaptor (uk mains)
usb cable
headfones
well its the unbranded international version (taiwan made)
costed me arnd 32K............ rest would post the screens soon.. :)

Hi,
DJ27007, congrats. Where u got tp2.? Is there anymore stock? How is the call quality and other features? Very anxiety, pl.reply as early as possible

@DJ... little man... i'm going to kill you. post pictures in the show-off thread. I am sooo glad you finally got your phone. :D

Just because you got your phone doesn't mean you become stingy with information now. :p

DETAILS PLEASE? WHERE, WHAT, WHO, HOW, WHEN ;)

The first person to get the TP2 on TE was "gforce".

@ everyone.. thnx guyz.. even i am excited abt it.. and sharing my experience with u guyz...

@ satan.. buddy u were very helpful to me for taking this decision.. so i owe u n wld b giving any info u require..

for starters..
> its as good as it looks in the youtube vids and reviews... though the screen luked bit under-sized (or i am just paranoid).. bt gud enuf..
> the display and the keyboard are out of the world.. i have my nails grown out, else i cant make any typing error on the amazing keyboard (it just feels right in every way!)....... the screen is out of the world.. great resolution and details.. playing vids is pleasure.. specially the youtube client (worked gr8 on my wifi... though i hav jst 256kbps speed whc results in lotsa buffering)
> A great thing i got is pre-installed radio...... as in all tp2 models, radio is factory locked, but its included in mine n wrks n luks gr8...
> The set luks n feels bit bulky... but as the name says (rhodium  costliest metal on earth) it does not luks cheap... shines from a distance.. build is strong n feels strong..
> Had over an hour of talking.. no issues wid that yet.. dint get the chance to test the battery yet..
> Bluetooth, edge, wifi.. all wrks just fine... even tested the mtnl 3G guyz.. and 3G DOES WORKS!!!
Tomorrow i would sync the phone and do the real stuff with it... would keep you guyz updated till I write a proper review....
I got it from Naresh Elec... with a 2-3 days assurance to check it... he could probably arrange for a set or two.. as they got 4 sets from their seller.. out of which 2 got sold to me n rheo..
We paid around 32K.. i got a 8gb micro sd for arnd 900 bucks.. wrks fine..

at last tp2 is here 4 this i specially thanks 2 @dj and and everyone in the forum

tp2 is really a awesome device i m used windows phone 4 last 5 years but tp2 with window 6.1 have many great features specially it's today screen wrk,proximity sensor,qwerty keyboard, 3 d flow technology,g sensor,

video resolution is great with 3.6 inch tilted screen u set it on ur table,i sync it and install many 3rd party programs,install myreo maps and connect with a-gps it connect with in 30 sec,

u read pdf files and other format books without any prob bcoz its big screen

previously in 2.8 inch screen phones u cnt read easily without re flow,t flow 3d is very familiar i checked almost all the features and all works well,qwerty keyboard is very spacious and u type very easily without any mistake.

i checked it's noise cancellation microphone guys u dont believe it works great

i put 16 gb micro sd card in the phone it wrks with out any prob.

@dj buddy in the box there is only 1 outlook cd i hope 4 one more cd (software cd)
uk boxes having 2 cds outlook+software cd

Hi every one

one of my friend is bringing the tp2 from Australia ..

will all the functions work properly here ??

he said it is not a network locked phone please help and he is getting it with a price of 33k with bill and warranty

Thanks in Advanced

S.Prasoon

dj27007 said:
yea i think so too.. even i hv the outlook cd only.. btw is the software cd required?

Nope. All you need is windows mobile device centre ( free download from microsoft ) to manage your phone in windows. You dont even need the outlook cd if you already have outlook installed on your pc.

Also if you are using outlook just for contact backups, i would rather suggest using PIMBackup and keep the file backed up on memory card as well as PC.

Outlook Sync can get messed up if you are going to try and flash custom ROMs on your TP2. So its better to use PIMBackup instead.

hey dj.

i am kirpal from chandigarh. i was also eagerly waiting for the launch of tp2 in india but now i know it is not going to happen before 2 or 3 months. now i have made up my mind to buy it from the grey market. i called up naresh electronics delhi and they said they have the stock with them. as u have bought it i want to know if it is working properly and does it work on 3g and should i go ahead and buy it from them .

thanks

@ramrao.. buddy i was nt at hme, wil write the review in a day or two for sure....

@kripal.. buddy i hv given a brief review on page 9... i checkd it on mtnl delhi 3g, n even checkd on bsnl 3g in dehradun today only... it wrks fine! overall its a gr8 handset.. and naresh is trustworthy!!

btw i m making this post on my tp2 only.. i m on highway in car and i m on wdak gprs.. still its wrkn fine (though slow)

c u guyz soon...

Back