Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

It's not working after upgrading the latest firmware.:( The mobile partner doesn't show the tower. Just a X mark. :( Already called dvdstoredelhi. I hope that it will be replaced.

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

^ Are you guys using it with BSNL 3G? If it is then its not device issue, BSNL does it, just reconnect or on ubuntu use wvdial.

+LT

^ I faced continous disconnections every 1-2 min when using the UMG1831 whereas it works fine for 2-3 hours without disconnections when using my UMG181. I use ppp on my Seagate Dockstar. Have send it back to dvdstoredelhi for replacement.

@dvdstoredelhi ordered through ebay, user id: sayantangroy. when can i expect ur shipment.

varkey said:
^ I faced continous disconnections every 1-2 min when using the UMG1831 whereas it works fine for 2-3 hours without disconnections when using my UMG181. I use ppp on my Seagate Dockstar. Have send it back to dvdstoredelhi for replacement.
Shall we continue our discussion via email, please?:)

Got the UMG1831 today. Installed and connected after fumbling for somtime.. Initially got speed of about 3.6 mbps with BSNL 3G, Then decided to update the firmware... now i get speeds fluctuating between 50 - 400 kbps :mad: .. great way to enter the new year:crash:

varkey said:
Shall we continue our discussion via email, please?:)

linuxtechie said:
^ Are you guys using it with BSNL 3G? If it is then its not device issue, BSNL does it, just reconnect or on ubuntu use wvdial.

+LT

Yes, Only BSNL 3G is available in my town. :( I tried a lot, but no use. Just clear me one thing. After updating the firmware, the old mobile partner was installed. (Those 3 updates from dcfiles) Is it the latest one or do I have to download for webconnect manager?:huh:

Why is everybody trying to upgrade the firmware even when everything is working fine ! If something aint broke...dont try to fix it !

Those who are having issues in detection or signal....uninstall mobile partner and try using MDMA

^I faced disconnections, that's why upgraded to new firmware.:( What is MDMA?:ashamed:

@sunish aka dvdstoredelhi

Have sent you one non functioning UMG1831 back for replacement. When you receive kindly acknowledge and send the replacement asap.

Thanks.

@prasanna29 : MDMA = Mobile Data Monitoring Application.

Any one knows MDMA can support receiving and sending SMS. It shows notification of receiving sms but does not show the contents. While mobile partner can receive and send the sms.

medpal said:
@prasanna29 : MDMA = Mobile Data Monitoring Application.

Any one knows MDMA can support receiving and sending SMS. It shows notification of receiving sms but does not show the contents. While mobile partner can receive and send the sms.
How to use that? :ashamed:

Anyways, I got a reply from dvdstoredelhi, I've to send it for replacement. :(

Will u get fresh stock of E122 this week? Need one by weekend.

Anyone wants a UMG 1831? PM me. Will be posting it on the market too.

^Why whats the Problem? why are you selling, or are you buying a better modem ?

nope, Airtel is good enough for me.

Guys, hows Huawei UMG 1821? Anyone using it? Any issues?

Amount Deposited towards Order No 482, waiting for the acknowledgement

medpal said:
A quick question to members.

Shall I go ahead with firmware update?

The dashboard update and firmware update initiation says IMEI ERROR. so I did not flash the update.

I have talked with sunish, he has agreed to replace the modem if nothing works out.

Received my replacement unit today and it doesnt have an IMEI number! :( I was just about to update the firmware and it showed the IMEI error. After removing and reconnecting it many times, sometimes it registers to network, and connects for less than a minute and then disappears after that even reconnecting won't help. Then if you wait few minutes and try again it will again repeat the same process. :(

This is my 2nd unit, I think I will just send it back for a refund! :( I can't waste time over this non working modem. :(

He should have checked it before sending it right ?. Did he replace it or repair it ?.

I have sent my E122.God only knows what will happen to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back