Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

guys i was thinking to buy this for my sis but now im confused..... should i go for it because many members here are having problem with modem......

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

nfsnfs said:
He should have checked it before sending it right ?. Did he replace it or repair it ?.

I have sent my E122.God only knows what will happen to that.
It was a sealed pack, but it seems the failure rate of this modem is higher.

@varkey----- Why did u run the update wizard again ? I hope you tried 1st with the stock firmware at least to confirm if it works.

Here , me , Sunny and Sandy had got 3 pieces and none of them had any issue as such. Worked fine with whatever firmware came on it.

Also give a try on another PC or laptop.

Supra said:
@varkey----- Why did u run the update wizard again ? I hope you tried 1st with the stock firmware at least to confirm if it works.

Here , me , Sunny and Sandy had got 3 pieces and none of them had any issue as such. Worked fine with whatever firmware came on it.

Also give a try on another PC or laptop.
Was chatting with him last night. Said no IMEI was being shown in any of the apps and he also had the network registration issue off the box. Does running the update wizard mean that the f/w is updated ? If there is no IMEI being shown, will the updater run the process of f/w upgrade ?

As you can see from the screen shot I didn't complete the update, I'm still on the stock firmware. I Just opened the update file and it showed the imei error so I closed it.

I tried on two machines already, no change.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

nfsnfs said:
He should have checked it before sending it right ?. Did he replace it or repair it ?.
I checked varkey's modem for 4 days and worked without any problem. Downloaded over 24gb in 4 days and used same to send SMS messages too. Gave same to a buyer who bought same and it is working fine with him too..

Varkey can return the modem and we shall Refund his payment after ebay fee etc

varkey said:
As you can see from the screen shot I didn't complete the update, I'm still on the stock firmware. I Just opened the update file and it showed the imei error so I closed it.

I tried on two machines already, no change.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
The previous modem that you sent for replacement worked absolutely fine and I tested same for over 4 days with 24Gb data download without any problem.. Sold your unit to walk in customer in my shop and is working fine with him too ?

nfsnfs said:
Yeah Received your Modem and using same since morning and is working fine.. Sent several SMS messages and now shall put same on movie download test during weekend and if it works fine shall return same to you and if gives any problem then shall send to Vendor for replacement..Replace,ment may take approx 6 to 10 days..

varkey said:
It was a sealed pack, but it seems the failure rate of this modem is higher.
Varkey > Please check same on other machines as it appears to me that yor machine may have compatabilty issue..

dvdstoredelhi said:
I checked varkey's modem for 4 days and worked without any problem. Downloaded over 24gb in 4 days and used same to send SMS messages too. Gave same to a buyer who bought same and it is working fine with him too..

Varkey can return the modem and we shall Refund his payment after ebay fee etc
dvdstoredelhi said:
The previous modem that you sent for replacement worked absolutely fine and I tested same for over 4 days with 24Gb data download without any problem.. Sold your unit to walk in customer in my shop and is working fine with him too ?

Compared to the current one, the previous one was much better, atleast it connects for 30-40 seconds, this one doesn't even do that.

What about the IMEI issue? This is the stock firmware and I didn't update or change anything.
dvdstoredelhi said:
Varkey > Please check same on other machines as it appears to me that yor machine may have compatabilty issue..
See as I have told you earlier, I tried on my Desktop, Laptop both running Windows 7 and the issues are the same. Anyway this one has an additional problem of no IMEI being reported.

i wanted a modem too ...r these still available? and which one... i will be using bsnl 3g sim i already have......and do i need to upgrade the firmware or anything for 21mpbs compatability?

varkey said:
Compared to the current one, the previous one was much better, atleast it connects for 30-40 seconds, this one doesn't even do that.

What about the IMEI issue? This is the stock firmware and I didn't update or change anything.

See as I have told you earlier, I tried on my Desktop, Laptop both running Windows 7 and the issues are the same. Anyway this one has an additional problem of no IMEI being reported.

Please Return same and we shall issue you Payment refund after ebay Fee deduction..

Cheers

raedthakur said:
i wanted a modem too ...r these still available? and which one... i will be using bsnl 3g sim i already have......and do i need to upgrade the firmware or anything for 21mpbs compatability?
I have UMG 1831 in stock. you may buy via our site theitbazaar.com

Even am reconsidering whether to purchase one or not :-s

dvdstoredelhi said:
Please Return same and we shall issue you Payment refund after ebay Fee deduction..

Cheers
I guess I was too unlucky to get a defective piece twice (Atleast it didn't work in my 2 PCs and the Dockstar). I don't know why the same modem which I sent earlier worked fine for you but had issues in my PCs.

Anyway I will send it back, don't want to take a chance with this again. :(

^^ Ya seems to be purely bad luck for you :(

Do you have any other 3G modem in hand ?

@sunish I have emailed you about my DOA UMG1831, as now you have stock kindly send me a replacement ASAP. Thanks.

dvdstoredelhi said:
Yeah Received your Modem and using same since morning and is working fine.. Sent several SMS messages and now shall put same on movie download test during weekend and if it works fine shall return same to you and if gives any problem then shall send to Vendor for replacement..Replace,ment may take approx 6 to 10 days..
Please send me a NEW one .I am at the moment have no broadband internet now .:( . I have tested and it has corrupted 2 SIMs and gets extremely hot .

Also my modem package was NOT SEALED when I received for the first time .Should it have been sealed like varkey's ?

@Supra,

Please clear your inbox :) I have some questions about this and want to send a PM. Thanks!

Supra said:
^^ Ya seems to be purely bad luck for you :(
Do you have any other 3G modem in hand ?
:(

Ya I have a UMG181 and its working flawlessly. :) Just wanted to upgrade to a 21mbps modem! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back