Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

dvdstoredelhi said:
Varkey,

I tested your Modem for so called 4 days without making any note of your IMEI number and I repeat that it worked fine with me and I communicated same to you as well over phone..and thereafter sent to my shop for Sale as one buyer locally wanted to collect personally.

I assume that your modem may have been SOLD to walk in client.

However I do not think your modem may have been sent to Freaky but may have been sent as we were convinced that it is not a faulty unit....

I tested same by downloaded a few movies and it never got HOT though it's COLD weather out here..and neither disconnected frequently..maybe once or twice a day.

We've already discussed and agreed that you're returning the modem and I'm doing your Refund ... Try Dushie's suggestion ...maybe some other Seller..

Goodbye

Atleast now it can be seen that the modem was indeed faulty. I had noted down the IMEI number of the modem, so Freaky confirmed it to be the same. I have no idea why the same modem worked fine for you.

Anyway I have already sent the modem back on Jan 10th by DTDC, have also sent you the bank details, please process the refund at the earliest.
Sandy said:
The reason why so many people are having issues with the 1831 is because they try and update the firmware. While updating the firmware you need to uninstall all the software installed by this modem and only then do the update.

As far as my case is concerned, the modem had the same problem with the stock firmware as well. I only updated the firmware as the modem wasn't working properly in the first place.

I think you need the modem drivers to be installed for the updater software to recognise the device. I upgraded my UMG181 firmware with drivers and mobile partner installed and its perfectly stable and working great.

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

Supra said:
@dvdstoredelhi----I hope you can log the issue with the distributor if there are problems with so many users. Also once you get back the modem from varkey you can open Mobile partner and check if the IMEI no is shown or not ! May be BSNL 3G North n/w is registered even w/o an IMEI.

I am happy that none of the modems I got have any issue of this or anything else. Of no IMEI being reported it was 1st reported by smnrock who lost the IMEI when he was downgrading from K4505 firmware to UMG 1831 old firmware. So that case was 100% due to some incompatibility/error due to the firmware upgrade/downgrade. Of the modem detection issues Huawei was very notorious for that with the older models like E160 etc ....just google and you will get how widespread it is....shouldn't be a problem with the UMG 1831 at all. Also just touched my modem....its nt even warm...dunno why there is no much variance among so many users with the same model.Also Huawei modems are very sensitive to voltage and usb currents ! So be double sure before using cheapo USB cables/hubs etc
Supra, i agree with you on the same, even i am surprised why so many issues are coming up with the modems being sold by dvdstore, it's surprising as he is a great seller and i have bought and continue to buy plenty of stuff from him on ebay.

I feel it is more to do with the current lot of modems or some other issue due to which so many problems are coming up.I am also using 1831 and it is working fine without any issues for over one month now. If new users try different sellers they will get to know if the issue is with a particular lot, or most of the modems currently available in the market. This can also help in identifying if the issue is with end user or the product too.

May be other model like E176 or K4505 could be better than this model ?.....

Sandy said:
The reason why so many people are having issues with the 1831 is because they try and update the firmware. While updating the firmware you need to uninstall all the software installed by this modem and only then do the update.
I dont know how much experience you've in updating huawei data card firmwares, but what ever you told is not correct :p. You doesnt have any issues (same with Supra), since you guys got good piece of hardware. Even supra and dushie updated k4505 firmwares and dushie gone back to original firmware and those guys haven't faced the issue of ERROR_IMEI. And varkey's case little worst, the first one he received is faulty and second one is having ERROR_IMEI, that with stock firmware. In varkey's case how come your point being valid?

smnrock said:
I dont know how much experience you've in updating huawei data card firmwares, but what ever you told is not correct :p. You doesnt have any issues (same with Supra), since you guys got good piece of hardware. Even supra and dushie updated k4505 firmwares and dushie gone back to original firmware and those guys haven't faced the issue of ERROR_IMEI. And varkey's case little worst, the first one he received is faulty and second one is having ERROR_IMEI, that with stock firmware. In varkey's case how come your point being valid?
Could be, Maybe you are right :D

My modem was shipped on 10th. (PaisaPay ID 28214730064) Not able to track it on DTDC and it is not delivered either. :(

Gigacore said:
My modem was shipped on 10th. (PaisaPay ID 28214730064) Not able to track it on DTDC and it is not delivered either. :(

Don't worry. It'll reflect today. Check in the noon. For some locations where the consignment has to go through a hub, its only updated after it reaches the hub and hence there'll be a day delay

I got my modem in this current lot, except heating (not to the extent of burning your finger) i have not faced any issues. Max of 2 disconnects per day.. Quite satisfied... Oh and am using the latest firmware too..
Peace~

Freaky said:
Don't worry. It'll reflect today. Check in the noon. For some locations where the consignment has to go through a hub, its only updated after it reaches the hub and hence there'll be a day delay
Hope so. But when I contacted the DTDC Bangalore branch they said that they still haven't received it. And they suggested me to contact the one who sent...

It'll not reach them till tomorrow :p

Mine was shipped on Thursday and I got it late Saturday evening

Gigacore said:
Hope so. But when I contacted the DTDC Bangalore branch they said that they still haven't received it. And they suggested me to contact the one who sent...

dvdstoredelhi said:
Varkey,

I tested your Modem for so called 4 days without making any note of your IMEI number and I repeat that it worked fine with me and I communicated same to you as well over phone..and thereafter sent to my shop for Sale as one buyer locally wanted to collect personally.

I assume that your modem may have been SOLD to walk in client.

However I do not think your modem may have been sent to Freaky but may have been sent as we were convinced that it is not a faulty unit....

I tested same by downloaded a few movies and it never got HOT though it's COLD weather out here..and neither disconnected frequently..maybe once or twice a day.

We've already discussed and agreed that you're returning the modem and I'm doing your Refund ... Try Dushie's suggestion ...maybe some other Seller..

Goodbye

First you said this...

I checked varkey's modem for 4 days and worked without any problem. Downloaded over 24gb in 4 days and used same to send SMS messages too. Gave same to a buyer who bought same and it is working fine with him too..

Now turned another way that you assume, may have been sold to walk in client? Do you have any proof in particular of Varkey's modem testing screen shot's along with IMEI? This has been already proved with the IEMI number that Verkey's faulty modem is resold by you to "Freaky". In the end of your reply you have shown real attitude of a perfect dealer by quoting this ---try another seller, Goodbye, etc.

Either edit thread title or start new thread for UMG 1831 USB data cards.

@DVDstoredelhi , could you send me my E122 modem as early as possible . New one please . Bcos I don't want to have the same problem again .The modem was delivered to you on Jan 7th .

Sunish, please reply to my PM on the process of replacement asap. Its already been 3 days since I've received the unit and 10 days since I ordered

I bought a new UMG1831 through eBay keeping in my mind that if it is good, I can surrender a couple of landlines+broadband.

I do not have BSNL 3G in Delhi/Gurgaon. I have Vodafone, Airtel, MTNL prepaid sim cards.

Keeping the current problems with UMG1831 in mind, how can I test the product inside out. I have no immediate plan to start using it though.

What are the software I need to download, do I need to update the firmware ?

No need to update the firmware even with the older firmware the product worked fine. i in fact updated to the new firmware and i am still looking out for the older firmware to revert back. No luck till now. Just put you 2G or 3G sim inside install the modem drivers and software. Key in the provider details and settings and connect.

If its connecting properly and you are not facing any reset or hang issues, you are good to go.

Freaky said:
It'll not reach them till tomorrow :p

Mine was shipped on Thursday and I got it late Saturday evening
Hmm.. still not able to track it :( Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Gigacore with dtdc i have seen lot of times they would not have the information updated or would not be aware of the status. but the product will reach. So i would not go entirely by what they say.

nfsnfs said:
@DVDstoredelhi , could you send me my E122 modem as early as possible . New one please . Bcos I don't want to have the same problem again .The modem was delivered to you on Jan 7th .
DVDstoredelhi , could you please respond to mails ,calls or SMS ? . When am i getting my new E122 modem back ? .This is poor customer service .

nfsnfs said:
DVDstoredelhi , could you please respond to mails ,calls or SMS ? . When am i getting my new E122 modem back ? .This is poor customer service .
Dear nfsnfs,

Your E-122 is working fine. New E122 not available. Please send us your Bank account details for your payment Refund. Thanks

dvdstoredelhi said:
Dear nfsnfs,

Your E-122 is working fine. New E122 not available. Please send us your Bank account details for your payment Refund. Thanks
I have mailed the Acc details to your email . PLease refund as early as possible , so that I can get an alternative .Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back