Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

Its definitely the Modem restarting problem.I even tried installing Tata Photon Plus Software as Suggested but It didnt work still The Modem is restarting.Even tried different versions of Mobile partner also but nothing seems to be working.tried on different system with perfect signal also but it didnt work.So its confirm that its restart Problem of the modem.

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

yeah I too had received a UMG 1831 which was unfortunately faulty. But @DVDSTOREDelhi replaced it immediately. Will be getting it today.
Looks as if the recent lot of 1831s is not stable and hence the issues. In such cases it really helps to have a understanding dealer like @DVDSTOREDelhi

^ I wouldn't call him very understanding, :p when I reported the same problem to him first, he tried his best to make it as a fault in my system setup as he couldn't find any problem with the modem it seems :p Only after the issue was made public he even accepted it as a faulty batch.

onlyravi said:
yeah I too had received a UMG 1831 which was unfortunately faulty. But @DVDSTOREDelhi replaced it immediately. Will be getting it today.

Looks as if the recent lot of 1831s is not stable and hence the issues. In such cases it really helps to have a understanding dealer like @DVDSTOREDelhi
That sucks right .

Why coudn't it have been tested before it was shipped out ?. Who is paying for shipping ? ,who is paying for the down time ?

I lost 1 month of recharge (600rs ) due to this shipping back and forth and finally not having any modem at all .Probably you got modem ,some one else returned and this modem you sent back will be sent back to some one else who orders a NEW Modem .

@Varkey: I dont deny what u say... When I companied he tried to give some workarounds to me too like the new photon installation from his site and stuff... or like try on other machines. I convinced him that I did all that and the issue is with the modem itself. He even said that ppl sent the modem as faulty but it works fine there. Now god knows whats the truth but why wud we waste 150bucks for courier and a week for replacement when the device is working fine.... right??
Anyways he sent me a replacement modem the next day even before he got the faulty modem which I sent him. I just got the modem in my hand now....
I hope it works this time..... else it wud be very disappointing for me too...
Ya I had to bear the courier charges which adds additional 150bucks to the deal unnecc :(

I think we shd start sharing the serial no / IMEI of the faulty modems here... what say?

Got my UMG1831 delivered today. Looks like I need to send it back! It is getting so bad that it even not letting me go to eBay and confirm that my item is shipped :| :(

Anyway I will see it for a day or two. Also within how many days should I send it back to get the refund/replaced?

P.S: Finally I confirmed that my item has been delivered to me on ebay!

@Gigacore, It could be BSNL 3G(if you use) network issue, not necessarily an modem issue :). In recent days BSNL 3G facing too many issues :(

@smnrock, no way! I am using BSNL 3G from month and a half using my Sony Ericsson C510 and there was no such issues.

The modem gets restarted after around 10 minutes both in windows 7 and linux and in both 32bit and 64bit architectures. It takes a long time to get the modem initialized and to reconnect. This is not the issue with BSNL

Im not sure, but from yday i/some people facing issues BSNL 3G and you can verify other thread in broadband sub forum where we talk about bsnl 3g

smnrock, it is not the issue with BSNL in my case. I'm now back on my BSNL 3G using my phone and it is stable and no disconnections. The issue is with the modem.

Hmm.. so many issues with UMG1831 here and all over net. Only few lucky one's have got it right. A good product is one which works right out of the box without any tweaks or firmware upgrades etc. K4505 availability is scarcs and it is costly as well. Looks like E122 is only other viable option.

^^ and umg181 too if you can fetch one :D Same specs as e122 with additional tilt capacity. Mine working fine for several months now.

I am really frustrated now. I don't even like to recommend others to get UMG1831. I hope he responds to my email and make arrangements for the replacement. If he doesn't have good devices in stock, it is better if he refunds.

Guys hold ur horses. Got one more faulty modem from @dvdstoredelhi.He sent me a used modem which was returned to him by @nfsnfs (used for almost 2months). This modem is also having issues like overheating and the SIM is not detected many times. Also I compared the signals of this E122with my old one... my old device shows 93% signal whereas the new E122 shows only 40%.
He is getting fresh stocks this friday so better to wait and watch till then. I wasted Rs150 in courier charges and 2weeks behind this.
Now he says he is sending me a third modem.... I am really fed up. The worst part is that I need them urgently and have already lost 2 weeks.

So is it better get refunded than just wasting 150 bucks on refund every time he sends a faulty modem?

I would have gone for a refund but my problem is that I need it urgently and currently there is no other source more reliable than @dvdstoredelhi... (??? now I am not sure)

onlyravi said:
I would have gone for a refund but my problem is that I need it urgently and currently there is no other source more reliable than @dvdstoredelhi... (??? now I am not sure)
You can get Huawei E122 from BSNL at ~3k. Sounds quite expensive than the ones you see in markets like this, but BSNL people are trust worthy. My friend has one and is facing no issues at all. If I get refunded, I surely will get the E122 from BSNL. My main intention of getting UMG1831 was coz of 21Mbps speed so that it will be future-proof. But now, I don't give a damn, I just a good device that can perform well.

Oh man problem with this modem is getting on and on with so many complaints.i wish i would i have asked some advice before buying this modem.but its too late I got my hands on that faulty piece already.requested for an replacement.waiting for reply from @dvdstoredelhi for his command to ship it back to his place.But now after seeing all these discussions of getting faulty pieces even in 2nd turn.Iam thinking whether to ask refund or a new device.

P.S : I have called him before shipping my device and asked him to double check my device and ship it.I even said its ok even if it takes time more time to ship.but he Still sent me an terrible piece :( He should give refund if he doesnt have any working devices with him instead of shipping the modem which is already found faulty by someone and sent back.

^ Yes, let him refund if he doesn't have good piece. This is such a waste of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back