Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

All of a sudden my UMG1831 is working properly. Not getting restarted or disconnected!

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

Gigacore said:
All of a sudden my UMG1831 is working properly. Not getting restarted or disconnected!
strange just like?? without doing anything??

Gigacore said:
It was me. I casted a magic spell on your modem to make it work. Now say thank you before I make you a rabbit! :p

^^ Arey yaar pls share the jadu ka mantra with all of us also.... What do u need to cast that spell?? IMEI no of modem or serial no :D

SmartPants said:
Lol, it's great!! If it is working for him perfectly now and without repeatedly turning on and off, one thing is for sure that HIS modem itself was never defective.

Seriously though, I have no idea how it's working for him now. Gigacore, please tell us if it is working for you consistently?
I have mentioned a few causes and solutions to another guy which I will post here: (Again, I don't know how it worked for Gigacore but it COULD be one of these reasons)

I will add something more:

1. Try to run the modem without the SIM card for once and watch if you keep hearing USB turn on and off sound.

2. Download the T-Mobile software from an internet source and run the setup. (I am saying it because this will also install the Modem's USB driver on your PC and might help your PC recognise the device.)
I tried all the above solutions but nothing worked.Gigacore is lucky fellow as his modem started to work suddently without any efforts also.But i tried every thing including Different Windows OS and different PC's but nothing seems to be working so i sent it back :(

Guys, its just working fine at the moment. No restart, no disconnections.. only it gets heated up after an hour or two but keeps running. I don't remember what I did before it started to work properly, but I did remove and insert the SIM many times. Now I don't want to reinsert the sim for the same reason. In linux it works and connects without a issue in network manager applet.

In windows 7, I removed the crap webConnect manager that comes bundled with the modem. And now I am connecting to the internet using the network connections. There is a profile known as "Broadband" being created by the modem, I connect using it.

And also in windows, I wait for a minute or so after inserting the modem to let it completely initialize (till the blue led flashes) and then I see new network connections available, and connect to Broadband profile. It works..

SmartPants said:
1. Try to run the modem without the SIM card for once and watch if you keep hearing USB turn on and off sound.

I did this unknowingly. I just wanted to see what happens without sim, so connected the modem without sim once. And another time, I inserted a microSD card and without sim and then connected to PC..

SmartPants said:
Nice Gigacore!

Btw, do you have Mobile Partner installed? If yes, please go to Tools>Diagnostics>Network Status and see the RSSI and tell me please. I have observed that on a low signal this modem gets hot but not when you have strong signal. I might be wrong about this but I am just curious.

If you believe me, ignore the heat, it will get hot to a certain temperature and will stay there.
I will try installing the Mobile Partner once I boot into windows. Will be great if you can throw a link at me.

And yes, heat is not much of a concern as long as the device keeps working. My ZTE BSNL EVDO card used to get really hot, but was working fine!

P.S: Edited my previous post.

When is new E122 expected to be in stock ?

Hi Folks,

Fresh stock of UMG 1831 Ordered today and am expecting delivery by tomorrow afternoon or latest on Monday. To order Please visit theitbazaar.com

This is good news, for potential buyers who were waiting for your fresh stock to arrive.

dvdstoredelhi said:
Hi Folks,

Fresh stock of UMG 1831 Ordered today and am expecting delivery by tomorrow afternoon or latest on Monday. To order Please visit theitbazaar.com
are you still providing 6 months warranty. AFAIK other sellers on ebay are providing 1 year warranty.

dvdstoredelhi said:
Hi Folks,

I hope i get my modem replaced with one of the new stock hopefully working one this time.last stock was not so good.i got a problematoc one.so lets hope that this stock may be good. And price gone down to rs2675 ! ! ! while all sellers on ebay are reporting that this modem may go from rs 2.9k to rs 3.5k next month.how can you slash the prices down ??? good to see though

P.s : I bought it for 2.8k

@dvdstoredelhi

I have placed an order for the UMG 1831 on your website and order number is 519

I have PMed you the address where you need to ship. I have also made payment to your account and transactions remarks

Please ship on that address and not the one mentioned in my order. Sorry for the inconvinence

@dvdstoredelhi

Can u really test modem before dispatch ?

I know u really busy guy these days.

I'm really paranoid after seeing so many faulty UMG 1831 are found.....:(

@dvdstoredelhi is the new stock ready to be shipped ..please only the new ones only :)..... and should i place the order immediately on ur website... please post the price here also

@dvdstore

Let us know when you are going to ship the NEW UMG 1831s. I have already placed an order on your website when the stock was showing as 5. Also ensure that you ship asap to the address mentioned by me in PM and not the one mentioned in my registration.

Requesting you to try and ship asap as it is an office address and i would like to receive in this coming week since next week couple of days i am on leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back