Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

is this better then USB modem we get with tata photon plus ?

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

This is taking forever. My modem was shipped on 10th and still no signs of it. The tracking still says "In Transit". Sh1t.. Tomorrow and Sunday is holiday. So can't expect till monday.. This is really bad. Why does it take so long to be delivered within India? DTDC sucks!

lol DTDC timelines is like min 3 days and max 5 days or so from Chandigarh to Bangalore. Even some stuffs of mine from dvdstoredelhi was shipped on 10th...still not rchd even banaglore :mad:

is this better then USB modem we get with tata photon plus ?

Tata Photon+ is CDMA/1x EVDO technology where this is a 3G HSPA+ GSM technology based modem. Both are completely different and not interoperable.

Supra said:
lol DTDC timelines is like min 3 days and max 5 days or so from Chandigarh to Bangalore. Even some stuffs of mine from dvdstoredelhi was shipped on 10th...still not rchd even banaglore :mad:
same here, stuff shipped on 12th has still not reached. Finally late night i saw it has reached but as it came late, delivery did not happen, hopefully tomorrow they would deliver, otherwise it will happen on Monday.

dvdstoredelhi said:
Varkey,

We've already discussed and agreed that you're returning the modem and I'm doing your Refund ... Try Dushie's suggestion ...maybe some other Seller..
OK, so the modem was delivered to your address on 13th Jan, I had already sent you a message with bank details through eBay on Monday. Please refund the amount asap.

Dear DVDStoredelhi

Could you send the REFUND please .If the get the replacement modem ,If I get the same problem ,I will be stuck again . So it would be better if you REFUND the amount .Please check your emails .

Today I had a talk with dvdstoredelhi about this problem of UMG 1831.

I had purchased 3 modems from him and 2 were working perfectly and 1 was completely dead. He said the last batch had quite a few modems defective, He has sent back the batch and waiting for his new stock to arrive, which should be on tuesday / wednesday.

So people bear with him.

This is good news, i had sad the same thing, it is no a issue with the seller as he is a great guy, its just someone has dumped a defective or faulty lot of modems in the market, who wherever they go through any seller will exhibit same issues.

I started to doubt DTDC. Why do they need almost a week to deliver something shipped within India? I doubt that they transport it on land than by air. WTF?!

varkey said:
OK, so the modem was delivered to your address on 13th Jan, I had already sent you a message with bank details through eBay on Monday. Please refund the amount asap.
No refund yet!!

hey guys, if i buy this USB modem, can i use regular GPRS/EDGE Service from Vodafone/DoCoMo/Idea/Aircel...??

spawnfreak said:
hey guys, if i buy this USB modem, can i use regular GPRS/EDGE Service from Vodafone/DoCoMo/Idea/Aircel...??
Sure, you can. I bought UMG1831 and checked it yesterday for few hours nonstop on Vadafone regular GPRS/EDGE.

@dvdstore.... did u get the new modem batch......... when can we order?

@DVDstoredelhi

I got my UMG 1831 3G modem just a couple of days back.Iam connecting to the Edge network and after about 5-10 mins the connection is getting disconnected modem is getting restarted (I can see it in Device Manager and can hear the USB pairing and unpairing alerts or sounds).The signal strength is around 3 to 4 bars.Even if the signal is worse.only net connection has to disconnect.but why the modem is getting disconnected and eventually Restarted.The same thing happen with 3G network also the connection gets disconnected within a very few seconds(10-15secs) in this case.I think this may be problem with the device. Please respond as soon as possible.

^ Looks like you are unlucky to get a defective piece, I had faced the same issue. You will need to get a replacement. You can also read also about it in the last 3-4 pages.

varkey said:
^ Looks like you are unlucky to get a defective piece, I had faced the same issue. You will need to get a replacement. You can also read also about it in the last 3-4 pages.
Yeah looks like i have got the defective piece.Hope i get it replaced. Are you sure that bad signal doesnt disconnect and restart the Modem ??

Signal strength i now where related to restarting of the modem as far as i know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back