Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

Since few of members here own this thread and lot going to get this. Though of having a dedicated thread might be nice.

Please post all the issues/tips/solns in this thread itself.

To start off, firmware upgrading for the owners who havent done it yet.

Supra said:
^^ here DC Files - Huawei E122

Uninstall Huawei Mobile Partner

1. Download Firmware update. Its a self-executable exe

2. Connect Huawei E122 , wait for 1 minuteand run the firmware file. Just keep pressing next

3. In case it asks for a password download the Huawei Unlocker from here :

http://rs506tg.rapidshare.com/files/372609851/Universal_MasterCode.zip

4. Put in your IMEI , you should get the Unlock & Flash Code. Use the flash code for the firmware update.

5. After successfully finished plug off E122 and plug back after 1 minute

5. Download the Dashboard Update and install it on to your data card.

5. Download the Dashboard Win and intsall it in Windows.

6. Restart PC and plug back E122 wait 1-2 minutes and start Mobile Partner

7. You should see signal in Mobile Partnet....set bsnlnet as APN in Profile management and connect
akshay7g said:
Download f/w from here.

If flash code is asked, use this to generate one.

Courtesy Supra-san, Akshay-san.

I did this, but no voice or anything yet. :(. Weird thing is i did saw the call log buttons and few others when i first mistakenly installed just the windows app.

Antenna:

In GEB there are quite a few ones for ~1500

Saw somewhere that 3gmodemstore.com also retails antennae

I got speeds upto 500KB/sec with these.

m-J

@mJeri

Nice work aniki :p

No voice enabled FW for E122 yet.

How is this antenna for 10$ shipped to India?

@varkey

Did you get your antenna? Any improvements?

^^

Isnt that a Low gain/powered one or something like that?.

@strategy was complaining abt his.

that was 3.5 or something.. this one does seems to be better

I am getting error while updating firmware:

a)the data card is not properly connected to pc

b)other program using the data card

c)you do not have the authority of the administrator

I am the administrator of my laptop, Data card is well connected and none of the other program is using the data card, I have already uninstalled the mobile connector.

Please help, thanks

dragon said:

I am the administrator of my laptop, Data card is well connected and none of the other program is using the data card, I have already uninstalled the mobile connector.

Please help, thanks
Try this:

Install the Mobile partner from your data card (whatever came with the data card) and then run the firmware updater (make sure that the mobile partner is not running in the back round)

gmano said:
Try this:

Install the Mobile partner from your data card (whatever came with the data card) and then run the firmware updater (make sure that the mobile partner is not running in the back round)
Thanks a lot gmano ............. its done!!

But what are benefits of this firmware upgrade?

akshay7g said:
@varkey

Did you get your antenna? Any improvements?
The first antenna I ordered didn't work. It actually worsened the Signal levels. Told the seller about this and he refunded the payment.

So ordered another 9 dBi Antenna shown here, but contacted the seller directly and got it for $13 shipped. This one looks much better and seems to be of better quality. Anyway will update when I get it, was shipped on Nov 4th, so should reach me by end of the month.

@dragon - Two of my friends are using the E122 with the stock firmware and are getting 3-3.5Mbps easily. They never faced any issues.

i dunno folks...

my speeds are pathetic now... getting under 10KB/s.... :S.... good think i didnt went for 4200. would have been heartbroken

Was the cake a lie?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My signal strength is -93dbm ....

no idea why i am getting such low speeds... when i start something speeds are good... then suddenly it drops.. :(

Supra said:
^^ We dont know lol :p

Just follow this tutorial and try connecting and post your speeds :p

Not getting information with google search either, anyway I have updated the firmware, following are the speed result (without any ext. cable)

The signal strength is important .Check it in diagnostics . If the tower is near you are lucky , otherwise it will not be up to full speed . You can check where is the tower using an android app.

Any recommended antennas for E122 ? .I am interested if some one can GO .

dragon said:

Please help, thanks
i'm getting the same error,i have also tried what gmano has suggested but still getting the same error.

can anyone help?

nfsnfs said:
Any recommended antennas for E122 ? .I am interested if some one can GO .

Get a magnetic mount antenna and crc9 connector from the local shop and assemble them and attach to the antenna port. I am using them. Higher the dBm reading the better the speed u will get(better @ -71Bm to -77dBm, bad @-95 to-100dBm)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dragon said:
Thanks a lot gmano ............. its done!!

But what are benefits of this firmware upgrade?
Firmware is generally used to UNLOCK 3g usb modem devices and some of its features(voice calling etc) if locked to any particular provider. But in some cases it improves/upgrades or worsen the performance.

Where can i get these in blore ?
Magnetic-Mount-Antenna.jpg

481.jpg

Got my E122 today (from ebay).

Mobile partner that came with the modem (packed date : Sep 2010) didn't work.

I Updated Mobile partner from DC files.

Now it works.Signal strength 99%.Average speed 3.6 Mbps.I was getting the same speed earlier with my Nokia C5 too.So i guess the speed is locked at 3.6

Is there any redial options with the "Mobile partner" ? I couldn't find one in the options menu.

Happy downloading ! :)

EDIT : updated firmware and dashboard from DC files.

Antidote said:
Got my E122 today (from ebay).

Now it works.Signal strength 99%.Average speed 3.6 Mbps.I was getting the same speed earlier with my Nokia C5 too.So i guess the speed is locked at 3.6

I am wondering where can we see this signal strength 99%. I dont know if I missed it anywhere.

Back