Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

^^ Saaar seems ur modem is not even detected by Mobile Partner :p...and you are trying to get signal

You can go to Tools > Choose Device. I am sure it will be blank there....for us it shows a E122 with a green arrow.

Also confirm by going to device manager > Modems, if Huawei 3G Modem is listed there

Go to the 1st page of this thread and follow the instruction to do firmware upgrade, reinstall Mobile partner, etc :)

If I don't put a SIM in the E122, it shows like the above shot, So the SIM slot is working....not Dead....right ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Supra said:
^^ Saaar seems ur modem is not even detected by Mobile Partner :p...and you are trying to get signal

You can go to Tools > Choose Device. I am sure it will be blank there....for us it shows a E122 with a green arrow.

Also confirm by going to device manager > Modems, if Huawei 3G Modem is listed there

Go to the 1st page of this thread and follow the instruction to do firmware upgrade, reinstall Mobile partner, etc :)

Hope this screenshot says other wise.....One of device manger and other is Control panel.

Just pop a different sim into the modem, like airtel or vodophone that you have and see if you can use that (it should work with 2G also ) ? .Then your 3g sim should be problem or it is not activated yet ?

maybe another detail view of device manager will help.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nfsnfs said:
Just pop a different sim into the modem, like airtel or vodophone that you have and see if you can use that (it should work with 2G also ) ? .Then your 3g sim should be problem or it is not activated yet ?

I tried four 2g SIM which serve me and my family last 3-4 years and one 3g SIM which I bought this week and enjoying my free 1 week unlimited data....in my laptop....So not activated SIM is out-of-question.

hmmm...

do one thing.

Connect the modem and do a fresh firmware flash. just once. check if its being detected/signaled whatever.
if not u got a dud peice.

+1 to what m-jeri said.

Wanted to ask one more thing.When you start the mobile partner software does it flash a screen saying "detecting device" for a second or two ? If it doesnt either your install went haywire or the software itself is buggy.I too would suggest firmware flash.Just follow the steps properly.

m-jeri said:
hmmm...

do one thing.

Connect the modem and do a fresh firmware flash. just once. check if its being detected/signaled whatever.
if not u got a dud peice.

Thanks man.........

Now I feel I'm not so dumb as I thought when comes to install new software/hardware.

But if I try to flash the firmware and the modem stays in same way or become worse, Am I not rejected by any warranty by giving @dvdstoredelhi by stating I temper the product ?

He gave me a bill which says 6months warranty

dissel said:
Thanks man.........

Now I feel I'm not so dumb as I thought when comes to install new software/hardware.

But if I try to flash the firmware and the modem stays in same way or become worse, Am I not rejected by any warranty by giving @dvdstoredelhi by stating I temper the product ?

He gave me a bill which says 6months warranty
well dont take this as the final word.

When i pmed him regarding the speed or something, he told me to reflash the modem.

so u better PM him citing the issues and ask his explicit permission. or ask him can u just send it and he replace it.

maybe he will also reflash it from his side if returned and just send it back to u. :). if that works that is.

SpaceVoid said:
+1 to what m-jeri said.

Wanted to ask one more thing.When you start the mobile partner software does it flash a screen saying "detecting device" for a second or two ? If it doesnt either your install went haywire or the software itself is buggy.I too would suggest firmware flash.Just follow the steps properly.

Exactly.......... it says "detecting device" and in the next moment something like 'device get disconnected or unplug' and then again and again for 2 /3 times....and then nothing happen.

I can post that screen too but it is heard to get

^^

Yea it happened to me after a win 7 reinstall. i was like wt the wt. just did a reflash and it was okay.

^^^

So..... I ask dvdstoredelhi first and if he allow me to do that, Then I go for re flash the F/W.....Right ? This is what r u suggesting ?

Or I can go direct flash ?

Please reply.....

Are you connecting it to the front USB port on your computer? I had the same issue of modem getting disconnected/reconnected. It was due to an underpowerd USB port. I connected to the port on the back and it started working! :)

varkey said:
Are you connecting it to the front USB port on your computer? I had the same issue of modem getting disconnected/reconnected. It was due to an underpowerd USB port. I connected to the port on the back and it started working! :)
Ok.......

I tried all available USB port from back to front of my desktop....... plunged the modem directly (no extn cable involve or nothing), and tried with my 4 months old Sony VIAO EB26 Laptop's USB port (3 of them ) .....All usb port behave the same way as I stated earlier.

I don't have any hub and even not use the bundle USB cable which came with E122 Box.

Ok....will ask him first for perminssion,

One query, from DC files site I need to download 3 files right ?

i,e

1.Dashboard Win

2.Dashboard Update

3. Firmware Update

Do I need to download Dashboard Mac ?

@dissel

Follow the instructions on Page 1. I had only listed them out. Yes u will require to download those 3 files only.

Uninstall your existing Mobile Partner software and restart your PC.

Then install the firmware and the dashboard update as written in 1st page.

restart your PC

Put the E122 one drive with auto run will pop up. Install mobile partner from that.

Start Mobile Partner

go to Options >> Choose Device and see if E122 is listed.

Also the modem will be fine as long the firmware flash finishes fully...do not disconnect the USB or pc restart while the firmware is being flashed. It will end up bricking ur E122.

Well PM'ed dvdstoredelhi......waiting for his reply.

Thanks @ Supra

Supra said:
Put the E122 one drive with auto run will pop up.

you mean connect the E122 to the computer ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Already uninstall the Mobile partner software as well as restart the pc.

2. Download all 3 files from the 1st page mention source.

3. Already got the unlock code by using the unlocker program as well as web....both are same...doing so double checking.

4. Now waiting for dvdstore's response.......

If he allow me to do this,

5.I'll connect the E122 and installed the firmwire which is in Zip format by extract in my HDD......Right ?

6.During update I must put the flash code and unlock code.

7.After sucessfully update Disconnect the E122 and wait for 1 min....Right ?

8.Then I strat the dashbaord update......Hope this time it will ask Dashbard Win to install....Right ?

9.Upon sucess restart the PC after removing the E122 and plug it back....Right ?

10.Now install the Mobile Partner software and see is it able to get any signal.....

Please correct me if anything wrong in my procedure ?

^^ You can do it sir....no need to ask him I guess as almost everybody has flashed their firmware :)

5. Correct

6. If asked for...put the flash code

7. Yes and reconnect it back

8. Yes same as before...next next and finish

9. keep the thing plugged and restart PC

10. Install mobile partner from the flash drive of the E122 or the 3rd downloaded file

Back