Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

Folks... my speeds for last 4 days are around ~10KB/s with utorrent and around 60KB/s with IDM... but that also comes down.

signal strength is 47%...

MDMA shows -93... i tried moving the modem and got the value -73... still the speeds are just the same..

Any idea what the pblm is?

Time for a quick update!

Got my modem from Sunish today. Installation was fussy since I went through all the hiccups dissel went through and got sorted it out finally. Had to flash the firmware from Supra's link and downloaded the newer version of Mobile Partner. :)

Signal strength is around 75%.

Results:

My heartfelt thanks to Supra, Vivek and virus32win. Without your help this may not have been possible. I'd be taking an UL connection possible next week. :p

PS: I am using a 2G sim converted to 3G. No clue what is the change though.

guys i am getting nearly 350- 500kB/S...in the nights and 200kB/s in the day... a treat for my eyes...loving ittttt....i can download all my xbox games with in a week ;-)

upload speed 100kB/s onlyy
guys where is the firmware upgrade to get 5mpbs upload speed for e122????

@Desecrator

Any improvement you find about new version of mobile partner ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who get Huwai e122 out-of-the-box with faulty firmware loaded and don't get any signal bar ever in the 'Mobile Partner' software window no matter how well coverage area user are.

[Assuming user want to use WCDMA network with 3g SIM.]

Following that circumstances Huwai E122 Modem's LED indicator behavior :-

1. Blinking in Green = You didn't put the SIM in the sim-card slot, or If you did then check, you insert it Right Way....if you sure about that, then you need to re-flash the firmware.

2. Blinking Blue = Your SIM get recognize by E122 and you are registered by your respective mobile network, You can now send/recieive SMS and check Signal status by Mobile Partner software.

3. Glow in Blue = You already open Mobile Partner software or other dialer and connected to Internet.

(Issued for Public Interest)

^ Slow blinking in green also means that your are registered to a 2G network. And fast blinking in green with a delay, means its trying to register to a network. It doesn't always mean you need a reflash. If you select WCDMA only mode and there is no WCDMA signal it will still do the same. :)

I got my modem from sunish ysterday, installaton was fine, now i am facing some problem while using modem.
I am having problem with coverage, so i have bought 5M USB cable to keep modem at window but my laptop doesn't detect modem. I am able to use 3G with my N8, 5800 with same usb cable.
Is there any issue with modem for such extension cable.
I am able to use 3G in vista but when i try to use 3G in Ubuntu, it get disconnected after around 10 min. This doesn't happen in vista. Anybody using this modem with ubuntu, is there any issues with linux particularly with torrent client like Deluge.

maddy_in65 said:
I got my modem from sunish ysterday, installaton was fine, now i am facing some problem while using modem.
I am having problem with coverage, so i have bought 5M USB cable to keep modem at window but my laptop doesn't detect modem. I am able to use 3G with my N8, 5800 with same usb cable.
Is there any issue with modem for such extension cable.
I am able to use 3G in vista but when i try to use 3G in Ubuntu, it get disconnected after around 10 min. This doesn't happen in vista. Anybody using this modem with ubuntu, is there any issues with linux particularly with torrent client like Deluge.

Has Anyone using any extension cable with E122, please reply.

Hi,

I am using Tata Docomo SIM and it is working fine. Even I have updated the firmware.

The problem is that I am not able to connect to VPN network of my office. I am using free trial offer.

Does anyone experience the same.

Between I went to BSNL office to get 3G SIM, but due to strike office is closed :(. Have to wait till Monday to get 3G SIM.

Getting the following error; Doubting whether Tata Docomo has blocked the VPN ports; Anyone facing same issue when connecting to VPN?

[The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because one of the network devices (e.g, firewalls, NAT, routers, etc) between your computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections. Please contact your Administrator or your service provider to determine which device may be causing the problem.]

I just got my E122 and tried to install the 3G USB modem software/drivers.

When first connected following drivers are installed successfully:

I am getting following 2 types of errors:

1) After connecting the device for the first time (with no SIM card inserted):

2) After installation of Mobile partner:

What may be the cause of errors?

One more thing, the PC does not shutdown properly after I have installed Mobile Partner (Win 7 32 bit)

oopaass saary its a tongue of slip(ya u read it right,tongue of slip) .

Ive noticed a peculiar prob. wen there is no data connection the signal strength is around 99% but as soon as i connect to internet it drops down to 60%.any clue why this is happening??

sumatrix said:
oopaass saary its a tongue of slip(ya u read it right,tongue of slip) .

Ive noticed a peculiar prob. wen there is no data connection the signal strength is around 99% but as soon as i connect to internet it drops down to 60%.any clue why this is happening??
again :lol:

how can your tongue slip in typing?

do you type by your tongue? :p

Has anyone been able to configure asus RT-N13U with huawei e122 ?? If yes then please do tell me if we require to put in any new settings??

also am using e122 in its stock firmware will it create any problem??

m-jeri said:
Folks... my speeds for last 4 days are around ~10KB/s with utorrent and around 60KB/s with IDM... but that also comes down.

signal strength is 47%...

MDMA shows -93... i tried moving the modem and got the value -73... still the speeds are just the same..

Any idea what the pblm is?

How are you speeds now saar?

Hi guys i am using windows 7 64 bit os and i was having lots of disconnection problem even after installing hotfix but after updating my modem driver with the 64 bit driver the problem has drastically reduced. So if anyone is using windows 7 64 bit then download the following driver and update it through device manager manually. Update all the huawei related components in the device manager.
Win764.rar

Back