Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

Hi is anyone from bangalore using this modem.I have recharded my sim for 1499 unlimited pack.but from yesterday am finding that the speed are too low.maybe its cos of the signal issues but the network was extremely busy.

Also another question.what is the difference in signal strength when u use the sim on a 3g phone and a 3g modem??

Antidote said:
guys..what about the redial ? it disconnects on every 2GB download :(
dont use the huawei thing to connect and all..

use the windows modem connect in windows->network adapters.

configure it to redial... uncheck the prompt for number and all...

the number to set is *99# or something like that

Antidote said:
Got my E122 today (from ebay).
Mobile partner that came with the modem (packed date : Sep 2010) didn't work.
I Updated Mobile partner from DC files.
Now it works.Signal strength 99%.Average speed 3.6 Mbps.I was getting the same speed earlier with my Nokia C5 too.So i guess the speed is locked at 3.6
Lol
Why do you think you would get better speeds than the C5?
Nokia C5 is capable of speeds upto 1O mbps whereas the modem is capable of speeds upto 7.2 mbps.
It is a downgrade for you :p
But since your speeds are locked at 3mbps i do not think it makes a lot of difference.

sg3707 said:
I am wondering where can we see this signal strength 99%. I dont know if I missed it anywhere.
Antidote said:
Got my E122 today (from ebay).

Mobile partner that came with the modem (packed date : Sep 2010) didn't work.

I Updated Mobile partner from DC files.

Now it works.Signal strength 99%.Average speed 3.6 Mbps.I was getting the same speed earlier with my Nokia C5 too.So i guess the speed is locked at 3.6

Is there any redial options with the "Mobile partner" ? I couldn't find one in the options menu.

Happy downloading ! :)

EDIT : updated firmware and dashboard from DC files.
How much did you pay dude?

+LT

Hi,

Today I received the E122 from IT Bazar, Modem installed itself properly, then I detach the modem and inset SIM by the diagram and it didn't recognize the SIM.....

Then I tried 3 other diffrent SIM no reult, Then I tried with Desktop and no result....All this computer running window 7 version.

I strat "Mobile partner" but there is no tower I found....If I connect my Nokia everything is ok.

How yours one goes....Is it like the same my way ? please reply.

After connection the modem's green light blinking that's all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

From evening till I never seen any of my SIM recognize by my E122. I mean I never found any bar in the "Mobile partner" window.

ok...if I insert no sim and plug the modem, the mobile partner quickly detected and show the message there is no SIM/USIM inseted.....How come ?

Lots of people are complaining abt disconnections with BSNL. I too face it on a regular basis.

Let me tell what i do to overcome those.

1. Use the usb.sys path hotfix. search aorund ull get the link.

Windows 7 usb driver is not so cool with high speed data transfers.

2. DO NOT use the modem software for connect and all. Unless u want to

write a small app to find the handle and reconnect it always. :S.

3. Use the network adapter -> usb modem to connect to net.

Give the number as *99#.

Change redial times from 1 to 99.

And remove the option to prompt for number. if not the dial up dialog comes up and stays there.

This is will handle the disconnection - reconnection thing.

4. This is optional for some. Well i suspect this, thats why doing this step.
In the case of 3g, we cant forward the port and we have use the random port option r8?.

Since maybe...just maybe a different port is being used at each reconnection., the uttorrent

may not know that port is changed. it wont actually. sometimes the DHT login may show as 0

or something. so its better to restart the utorrent.

So create 2 tasks in task scheduler.

i. In every hour kill the utorrent application, u can use a batch file execute. if u need that let me know.

or google. its pretty common

ii. Every 5 minutes check the application is running. this is the least time it cane be done.

And yea it does the hask check each time it restarts.

This 4th step is optional.

And people obessed about high speed modems. From what i read and experienced, ur chances of hitting

that max speed is very less. it depends on signal strength and user to bandwidth ratio. Max i hit is 500KB/s.

But hey in india even getting a 2 Mbps UL for 1499 is extremely good.

Hope this helps someone. :)

Which model BSNL is selling for 2000/- and 2500/- bucks with 3G connection any idea folks?

I am thinking of switching from EVDO to 3G if uploads are good.

Rs 2000 is Teracom LW272 --- 3.6 Mbps/384k up

Rs 2500 is Teracom LW273 -- 7.2 Mbps/ 2mbps up

Both are sim locked to BSNL I guess.

Please pay attention to.....asking to all E122 owner

Yesterday I received my piece of E122 from our in house dealer @dvdstoredelhi......

The modem is doing fine, e.g Installed properly,recognize by my 2 pc instantly, If I put Micro SD that to recognize......after connection green light is blinking.

But it never show up any Signal Bar when I put a SIM (tried 5 different SIM, one of BSNL 128KB 3g SIM) in it.

Mobile Partner shows ZERO Signal Bar all the time. But if I don't put any SIM in the modem's tray, It POP up msg "No SIM/USIM detected"

So I want to ask E122 user to make sure, Is there any way out or my piece is faulty before claiming anything to seller.

Please reply............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Used red color font intentionally to catch ppl's attention)

^ Have you selected WCDMA Only in the Network options in Mobile Partner? Try changing it to WCDMA preferred. Also do you have 3G signal in your area, checked it on your phone?

Yes.....I have a full 3g signal in my area, using N82 via Nokia PC Suite with my laptop and in utorrent I'm getting 150-175kbps download speed.

varkey said:
^ Did you try changing it to WCDMA Preferred? Are you getting 2G Signal?
Forget about WCDMA......(will do that for you and maybe I post some screen shot as well as snap to prove myself), I'm not getting any Signal all via E122......The Antenna in the "Mobile Partner" shows the Zero Bar/No Bar, no matter how many SIM I tried 2g/3g.....But the same software can monitor my Nokia N82's Data connection and monitor the whole bandwidth I use......So that software is not crap...working correctly.

It seems the everything working in E122 package, even it also sense there is a SIM or Not ? It only refuse to show the signal.

^^ Set it to WCDMA Preferred....and do a manual serach. If you get a selection of operators of course it means that its catching a signal.

And ya plz follow the steps mentioned...instead of getting red hot :rofl:....we are not customer care or RMA guys....so if you want the help...follow what it told and let us know if u need more help :)

1. Open Mobile Partner

2. Go to Options > Network

3. Network Type---WDCMA Preferred...band is 900/1800/2100Mhz

4. Click Apply

5. Go to registration Mode tab and put it to manual and click on search.

6. Check if you get a list of perators ( you should get both 2G and 3G operator list)

If that is showing up with a list...try registering to the Cellone 3G netwrok manually. If registering is failing its a problem with ur sim-card

If there is no list of operators I guess its a problem with a E122 and you have to send it back to the dealer for replacement.

I hope this helps :)

Ya put the sim card in the slot properly (there is only one way of orientation where it works...a figure is drawn on the sim slot for the same) and then put it into the USB. I for one had put the sim in a wrong way the 1st time I got the modem :p

Pic of sim orientation :

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NLoFolZ2mFo/S.../Fullscreen capture 31102009 10543 PM.bmp.jpg

The signal bar is shown only after it registers to the network and registering to the network depends on what you choose on that Network settings page hence I asked you to check the options.

Also check if the Registration Mode is set to Auto. If its still not working, try a non BSNL SIM if you haven't tried it.

@dissel .. but are you able to connect to the net via your E122 with 3g sim inside ? For me also it at times shows no signal with just WCDMA BSNL 3G written.But once I connect it changes to HSPA BSNL 3G with some 2 or 3 signal bars.

Supra said:
^^ Set it to WCDMA Preferred....and do a manual serach. If you get a selection of operators of course it means that its catching a signal.

And ya plz follow the steps mentioned...instead of getting red hot :rofl:....we are not customer care or RMA guys....so if you want the help...follow what it told and let us know if u need more help :)

Sorry you get me wrong, My intention was never the same.....My color selection of the font is bad or means in other way....and that matter I quoted below that writing in red to only catch the user attention....no mean for flaming.

Supra said:
1. Open Mobile Partner

2. Go to Options > Network

3. Network Type---WDCMA Preferred...band is 900/1800/2100Mhz

4. Click Apply

5. Go to registration Mode tab and put it to manual and click on search.

6. Check if you get a list of perators ( you should get both 2G and 3G operator list)

If that is showing up with a list...try registering to the Cellone 3G netwrok manually. If registering is failing its a problem with ur sim-card

If there is no list of operators I guess its a problem with a E122 and you have to send it back to the dealer for replacement.

I hope this helps :)

Ya put the sim card in the slot properly (there is only one way of orientation where it works...a figure is drawn on the sim slot for the same) and then put it into the USB. I for one had put the sim in a wrong way the 1st time I got the modem :p

Pic of sim orientation :

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NLoFolZ2mFo/S.../Fullscreen capture 31102009 10543 PM.bmp.jpg
Thanks for writing in detail step.....but all the portion Grayed Out so no way I can use this, And thanks for the pic I insert the SIM in same way.

Modem is connected to my Desktop PC, and the green light is blinking.

SpaceVoid said:
@dissel .. but are you able to connect to the net via your E122 with 3g sim inside ? For me also it at times shows no signal with just WCDMA BSNL 3G written.But once I connect it changes to HSPA BSNL 3G with some 2 or 3 signal bars.
Hi,

No, this the only thing I can't do with E122.....coz there is no signal/network selection/ or anything.

Back