Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

I got the SIM changed and today the SIM is corrupted or not working again .Same problem , SIM car not detected or invalid .This is happening for the second time .

I think E122 is corrupting the SIM .Also does you E122 get hot after some times ?, mine gets hot in 30 minutes of usage.I think I need to ask dvdstore guy for replacement.

I see lots of users posting troubles with both E122 and UMG1831 modem. My friend needs a 3G modem for BSNL 3G. Should i ask him to go ahead with the BSNL 7.2Mbps one since it will have warranty and support from BSNL?

DarkAngel said:
I see lots of users posting troubles with both E122 and UMG1831 modem. My friend needs a 3G modem for BSNL 3G. Should i ask him to go ahead with the BSNL 7.2Mbps one since it will have warranty and support from BSNL?
If he needs warranty and support then yes BSNL modem is good but the BSNL modems are network locked so if he wants to change to airtel it might be a problem. Better will be to get a cheap 3.2mbps modem for 1.7k and see how it goes.
Im using the UMG1831 and speeds are going down day by day. Near my work place speeds are low I get only 1mbps. I see no use of a 21mbps modem when the network is clogged up with so many users.

DarkAngel said:
U may be right about warranty ... but god forbid if u have to claim warranty u will have to wait for 6months(or more) for a new piece to be provided to you by BSNL.
And there is no such thing as "Support" in the BSNL world.... Every one is on his own :)
As @Sandy said go for E122 or other 3.1Mbps modem for now.... Get started.... Issues can arise with BSNL device also....
U know what their support is?? They will ask you to check network, Set Mode to Automatic and restart your machine... even if the issue is not solved they will say that they have taken ur complaint and will resolve in 24hours...... (Which never happens)
So only buy the SIM from BSNL and Device from else where....

The problem the 3G range also seems to be a little low at his place :( So i thought it would be better to get something that has antenna support.
Guess the E122 is out of stock with forum dealers. Anyone else knows where we can get it cheap?

How good are these Idea modems(E1550). Seems to sell for ~1.8k in ebay(~1.6k after discount). Do we get better range than we get in a phone?

sorry to crap the thread but i would like a ADSL modem + wifi router which supports 3g modems and possibly bittorrent download support. Is the Huawei HG553 any good?

how is the e122 for my purpose?

thanks for the help

The modem was sent back/delivered to sunish . I spoke to him ,he says he had received and he will be testing it .:S .
He says it will take 10 days for the replacement if at all if he finds it faulty .:no:

Why cant I get a replacement immediately .:mad: .I am left with no modem .

Can I ask for a refund ?
nfsnfs said:
I got the SIM changed and today the SIM is corrupted or not working again .Same problem , SIM car not detected or invalid .This is happening for the second time .

I think E122 is corrupting the SIM .Also does you E122 get hot after some times ?, mine gets hot in 30 minutes of usage.I think I need to ask dvdstore guy for replacement.

^^ Buddy I hope u elaborrated that his SIM can damage while testing :)
Why do u want a refund.. After he finds that the modem is faulty he will either provide you with the same model or a new one by paying a diff... He is selling the 21mbps modem for 2800/- ask him for that if he agrees ur device is faulty...

@nfsnfs - The new UMG1831 that I bought was getting disconnected repeatedly. I tried everything possible to fix it but no difference. Sent it back, but he said there were no issues while he tested it. Anyway finally he sent me a replacement yesterday, should be receiving it today. Hope this one works. :)

Edit : Got the replacement just now and this one doesn't even have an IMEI number! :( I was just about to update the firmware and it showed the IMEI error.

dunno, how come so many issues are coming up, wondering if it is particular to one lot or one seller. Mine has worked fine out of the box, been over a month now.

I am using e122 for over a month now... no issues till date.... Using it as it was delivered. no f/w updates nothing....
I am planning to buy one more USB modem for my cousin... E122 is out of stock..
Pls suggest which other model would be a good buy ??
TIA.

is it possible to get 3g-like speeds on edge network in an area with good 3g coverage and 3g sim..... this is what a local docomo vendor was promising (arnd 300 kbps) few days back...but found it hard to trust him .

Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware to 11.005.00.04.21 on the E122? I'm getting comparatively very low signals after I updated my firmware to 11.009.01.00.100 :S Please Help!

If anyone can post the link where it can be downloaded then please let me know..

Thanks

^^ I had disabled the CD-Drive in my modem using AT commands so that it could work with custom router firmwares. But that also affected the signal strength a lot. When I enabled it again the signal was almost 20-30% better than when the cd-drive was disabled.
So incase u have disabled ur modem's cd-drive try enabling it again.

i directly connect using E122 modem to BSNL 3G using the network icon at the taskbar in Ubuntu, but it disconnects automatically, how can i reconnect automatically in Ubuntu 10.10.. Help

linuxtechie said:
On Ubuntu here are the settings, make sure you have installed wvdial:

cat /etc/wvdial.conf

i'm aware of this technique, though never tried it.. any other suggestions?

Anyone know how to put the updated Mobile Partner and Drivers files on CDFS ? My E122 has old drivers and mobile partner software(2009). Sometime when i insert the stick in third party's Laptop or PC. Drivers doesnt get installed properly and i have to install Latest drivers and mobile partner software from my pen drive to work.

** I have upgraded the Dashboard files from DC Unlocker. but still that doesnt update to latest driver that is available on huawei's forum.

Back