Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

Is anybody able to send USSD code *123# from mobile partner itself ? . Also E122 does not seem to have unlock for voice anywhere .:|

Well.......

After waiting long time to return the seller online, it seems he didn't want to reply my PM....as he last online at 11.18 PM at 25/11/2010.

So I decided to give a try of re-flash......but here is no luck at all.....

I got Error code 2 in the first screen.

a. It connected to regular/main port which other device working fine

b. I uninstall-ed Mobile Partner early so no way it can use any other program

c. I'm the only user /admin in the PC.

It seems the piece I got is faulty in every way.

^ Dont uninstall mobile partner.

Do this now....

1. Plug in your e122.

2.Windows will detect and it will try to install drivers and all.Let it complete.

3.Now open the e122 drive and install the mobile partner from it.

4.Windows will finish the drivers installation and it will show as your hardware is ready.

5.Close mobile partner software but dont uninstall it.CTRL+ALT+DEL ... to check if mobile partner is not running.

6.Now run the flash firmware.

The step to uninstall the mobile partner software is faulty.The flashing software needs the drivers of the device to be present in the system inorder to reflash the damn thing.When one removes the mobile partner it wipes the drivers of the e122 too.

SpaceVoid said:
^ Dont uninstall mobile partner.

Do this now....

1. Plug in your e122.

2.Windows will detect and it will try to install drivers and all.Let it complete.

3.Now open the e122 drive and install the mobile partner from it.

4.Windows will finish the drivers installation and it will show as your hardware is ready.

5.Close mobile partner software but dont uninstall it.CTRL+ALT+DEL ... to check if mobile partner is not running.

6.Now run the flash firmware.

The step to uninstall the mobile partner software is faulty.The flashing software needs the drivers of the device to be present in the system inorder to reflash the damn thing.When one removes the mobile partner it wipes the drivers of the e122 too.

Ok....

I again installed Mobile Partner software

here is the screen

Now in Task manger where to look that mobile partner running or not ?

Is it in the process tab or service tab ?

here is my process tab.....hope software is not running.

If its not running in the system tray then most probably its not running. You may go ahead with the flashing procedure.Just dont uninstall it. :)

heyaaaaa...................... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Almost 33 hours after getting the device, first time I get the signal in it by using BSNL 2g SIM. Signal was 1 bar coz I'm at the basement where my desktop Pc sits..will test my lappy.

Now modem is blinking in Blue color.......

Do I need to perform dashboard update ?, pleas reply......

Thank you @SpaceVoid....... I'm so happy...can't explain...will rep you.

Without your last min help.......It won't possible......Like it start again do I connect the modem ? does my PC is ok?

Sunk all this hours in sea of depression.......thought my 2.2k gone in the thin air

Just received a SMS...and the modem sounds like Bell... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

I thanked to all experts here who helped me here..

Do I need to perform Dashboard update ? Please reply

Another issue for e122 for me.. any help possible please??

I am getting signal strength of upto 45% only.. it goes to 10% also. how to increase this?.... does using a extension cable and putting it near windows help?

or a external antennae? if so which one to get from where?

and my speeds are like <15KB/s... is this coz of the signal strength or something???

Supra said:
@ dissel----Good to know that it worked finally for you :p

But it was just that firmware flash that you needed :)

Thanks a lot.......modem is working fine....send lots of SMS today from E122.

Now I'm getting almost 250 kB/s in utorrent constant, :)

though BSNL 3g network is heavily crowded I can only connect after 30min of redialing....truly enjoying my 7 days unlimited offer which will end 1/12/2010.

I think my piece came without unlocked.

Hello guys i have a question to all e122 owners. Please can you guys confirm if the e122 gets heated after using it for sometime? I've been searching on net regarding this and there are some huawei models which gets heated up but havent come across any thing regarding e122. Mine sometimes remains cool but sometimes the temp goes up. Even the room temperature is not that hot so i am getting lil concerned about this. Should i be worried about this???

Back