Budget Above 25K Huge Dilemma: HTC One v/s Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

Skilled
I'm quite surprised I haven't seen one of these threads already. Looking at the biggest flagship phones for this year (till now, and perhaps for the rest of the year from both HTC and Samsung), I'm looking to buy one of them. I simply don't know which one to pick.

- I love the HTC One design, though Galaxy S4's compact shell is great as well.
- I like Sense quite a lot, TouchWiz is okay. But it's the added Software tweaks by Samsung that make the experience quite amazing, if I am to believe the adds.
- The Galaxy S4 simply has a much better camera than the HTC One.
- The Super AMOLED display has it's advantages (Daydream, pure black) but the SLCD display is gorgeous as well.

As you can see, I'm pretty messed up here :D. Don't know what to do. Don't want to end up buying an UMI X2 (or a rumored Micromax Canvas A120) or something. Why would I do that?
- Priced around 15k
- 1080p display
- Quad core
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP cam
- Android 4.2.1 JB

Those aren't as concerning than

- OVERHEATING
- MASSIVE Battery Drain while gaming (not the normal one, overheating and excessive drain)
- Heating up of the camera module (or in that region)

Don't know what's going on!
Heating up of the camera region is really, really common as that's where the processor is. It has been that way since the first Galaxy. Slightly prolonged gaming makes that region super hot.

And the massive battery drain associated with it? Sorry if I'm doubting every line as I will have to spend over 40k on the handset, don't want to find out all this afterwards.

I don't believe S4 won't even last whole day. People who are complaining might have their facebook, twiiter etc syncs on. No tech site has mentioned poor battery life.

I don't believe S4 won't even last whole day. People who are complaining might have their facebook, twiiter etc syncs on. No tech site has mentioned poor battery life.
come on man even if thats the case with a 41k 4thgen flagship phone that should not be an issue
@comp@ddict also the whole memory fiasco :( its bad .
if you happen to buy this phone wait for the 32 gb variant

Last edited by a moderator:
9 GB won't fit half my music collection :| and I don't want to spend 1.7k on a 32 GB memory card after spending 41.5k on the phone (which honestly will require a screen guard and case, another 1k gone!).

"All samsung phones look the same ? " - Does this mean , we just stop looking at the specs and buy shitty but good looking phones?

If one has to spend 40k, look and specs both matters. I was surprised to see the word "Shitty" regarding the specs of HTC One!!! Anyway, at the end of the day it is personal preference.

Please have a look at the review below
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Also the quote from the conclusion

"I've never given any smartphone an editors choice award before, though I daily regret not giving the One S an award of some kind. For the HTC One I'm giving our Editors Choice Gold award, which is our second highest award. The One is an incredibly awesome device."

If one has to spend 40k, look and specs both matters. I was surprised to see the word "Shitty" regarding the specs of HTC One!!! Anyway, at the end of the day it is personal preference.

Please have a look at the review below
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Also the quote from the conclusion

"I've never given any smartphone an editors choice award before, though I daily regret not giving the One S an award of some kind. For the HTC One I'm giving our Editors Choice Gold award, which is our second highest award. The One is an incredibly awesome device."

Ahem, is it my problem that some people don't like the s4 looks...

"All samsung phones look the same ? " - Does this mean , we just stop looking at the specs and buy shitty but good looking phones?

Samsung high end phones pack quality hardware but i dont think anyone who is not a techie will be asking you " does it have 2gb or 1 gb ram??" Most people around are interested in looks and a comfortable feell! Samsung phones are made up of cheap quality plastic. The back panels are so flimsy that if you apply too much pressure it cracks!! Plus when you pay 40k for a phone you DON'T want plastic!!!!!!!!!! You want an eye catcher!!

I have nothing against Samsung as a whole and I do think that a phone's interior is what one should buy it for, but that does not mean i pay for cheap plastic exteriors! Man that's the same as having a Tata Nano with a V12 engine :p

Samsung high end phones pack quality hardware but i dont think anyone who is not a techie will be asking you " does it have 2gb or 1 gb ram??" Most people around are interested in looks and a comfortable feell! Samsung phones are made up of cheap quality plastic. The back panels are so flimsy that if you apply too much pressure it cracks!! Plus when you pay 40k for a phone you DON'T want plastic!!!!!!!!!! You want an eye catcher!!

I have nothing against Samsung as a whole and I do think that a phone's interior is what one should buy it for, but that does not mean i pay for cheap plastic exteriors! Man that's the same as having a Tata Nano with a V12 engine :p
Sells figure of previous galaxy phones show that most of the people are not bothered by plastic. I owned Galaxy S2 and the back panels do not crack, they are in fact very flexible.

oh man you should not also buy a v12 engine which will not get serviced / poor a.s.s in India
For back panel cracking you can simply replace it....
Also for eye catcher thing.....i had compared it with all versions of iphone, htc 8x, htc one x s4 is top notch imo better have another look again

And then when drop or break your glass-back phone....remember samsungs cheap plastic ;)

oh man you should not also buy a v12 engine which will not get serviced / poor a.s.s in India
For back panel cracking you can simply replace it....
Also for eye catcher thing.....i had compared it with all versions of iphone, htc 8x, htc one x s4 is top notch imo better have another look again

i did have a very close look at it! I still prefer the 8X, Iphone ( all versions) and the one x as compared to the S4!!!

And then when drop or break your glass-back phone....remember samsungs cheap plastic ;)

Hmm if I do have a glass backed phone , then trust me, i will be extra careful to not drop it!

We can go on arguing back and forth so as to which is better! I would like to put an end to that by saying that it all boils down to personal opinion! :p
So you like cheap plastic on an expensive phone and i like it with a more premium finish!
And as far as the dropping is concerned, i think noone would be or is that careless!

so cheers mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back