I haz HD phone

awesome phone, but i wish you had waited for the Omnia 2, thats just come out. Personally, i'd prefer WinMo over s60v5. Besides, Omnia 2 can be upgraded to 6.5 officially, and free of charge. I also came across some ROMs to run HTC touchflo on the omnia 2, so thats what i'll be buying in a few days. Nonetheless, this is a gr8 phone.

Congratulations dude.....
Its a kickass phone.....
I'm going to buy it on sunday...
But its costing me 28600 in gurgaon.....
Where did you buy this phone....

:)
pa1pa1 said:
awesome phone, but i wish you had waited for the Omnia 2, thats just come out. Personally, i'd prefer WinMo over s60v5. Besides, Omnia 2 can be upgraded to 6.5 officially, and free of charge. I also came across some ROMs to run HTC touchflo on the omnia 2, so thats what i'll be buying in a few days. Nonetheless, this is a gr8 phone.
Reasons why I didnt wait for Omnia 2 were Resistive touch, low reso video recording, no symbian and biggest reason of all, it wasn't available.
I really dont like the reisitive touch, you have to tap the freakin screen. Capacitive is so much better.
Also had E72 lauched before diwali, I would have bought that eyes closed.
Reactive said:
Congratulations dude.....
Its a kickass phone.....
I'm going to buy it on sunday...
But its costing me 28600 in gurgaon.....
Where did you buy this phone....
I bought it from lagpat nagar. Go there, You'll find a ton of mobile shops in central market.
I might have gotten it a lil cheap but do no settle for anything higher than Rs.26500 because that's what I could haggle on the phone itself.
best of luck
@ all - Thanks a lot for the kind words :)

Ok, i'll search there.....
A few more things i wanna ask actually.....
Whats the music quality of this phone in headphones i mean is it loud and good.....and did you get any offer like something scratch n win or assured gift with it.....
If yes then is it available yet....
I'll buy it this sunday....

^Music qulity is decent/nice, w/ a decent pair of earphones/headphones, music sounds great.
Also let me tell you something very important.

This phone requires lot of tweaking, modding and hacking
You'll have to flash your phone to Italian firmware for latest updates, hack your phone via HelloOX to install generic S60v5 apps since as of now there are only a handful of apps which officially run on i8910.
Doesn't take that much time but you have to do this sensibly otherwise you'll beleft w/ a shinny black brick to play with, since officially you void your warranty the moment you load a custom/unofficial firmware.
Though the samsung guys wont be able to tell that, but you'll have to make up a good convincing story

Go over to Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums - Powered by vBulletin to know more.
Software support from samsung sucks donkey balls, but once you've modded/tweaked your way around, its an absolute pleasure using this phone.

m0h1t said:
Software support from samsung sucks donkey balls

Atlast a Samsung phone owner admits to the quality of service from Samsung... the only reason I'm not buying a Samsung Touch phone... or else wudve bought a Star WiFi long time back...

BTW if I keep babe pics on my mob and my sister tinkers around I'm history :ashamed:

Is the touch navigation as smooth as the iPhone? I've not tried the Omnia but yet to come across any phone that has a smoother or even comparable navigational ease.

PS: Superb specs for a killer price! Enjoy the phone man! :D

Thanx dude....
But is flashing that much important, isn't hacking alone not enough......i mean is it really worth losing your warranty
i'll sure buy this phone anyway.....
I'll ask you for method of flashing after buying it....

Sei said:
Is the touch navigation as smooth as the iPhone? I've not tried the Omnia but yet to come across any phone that has a smoother or even comparable navigational ease.
PS: Superb specs for a killer price! Enjoy the phone man! :D
I used a iphone 2G about a year ago for a week before selling it.

I think the touch on this is just as responsive as that of the iphone, whats lacking is the multi-touch.
Reactive said:
Thanx dude....

But is flashing that much important, isn't hacking alone not enough......i mean is it really worth losing your warranty

i'll sure buy this phone anyway.....

I'll ask you for method of flashing after buying it....
See the thing is, there is little hope that samsung india will ever release a firmware update, so if you want new features or bug fixes you'll have to flash to firmware of other countries or custom firmwares.

Back