ICC like service for items from UK?

varkey said:
^ Just mail them to update it to Mobile Phone, send them the invoice too, else may cause issues at time of customs clearance.

that's what i'm worried about. should i mail on their email id or on customer support on aramex site?

dr.sankhadeep said:
can please somebody tell me how this aramex shop and ship works???
Open up a aramex shop and ship accnt for $5 using the coupon SNS10VSCH

They will give you a US and a UK address just like ICC world PPO service...

Get ur goods delivered to the US/UK address provided by them and they will deliver ur goods to India...

Best Part is they are much cheaper than ICC Shop and Ship (they charge customs duty as per actuals)

varkey said:
^ Mail Anuradha Iyer ( Anuradha.Iyer @ shopandship.com )

i mailed her and she replied with a single line, "i will take care". she sounds a bit too casual.

shall i take her word for it, or are there other ways of official communications to lodge

my suggestion and complaints?

despite assurances from ms anuradha, my phone has been shipped described as computer accessories which attract

custom duty of 15%. guess i will have to wait and watch now.

Just opened my shop and ship account for $5!! Thanks a lot for the promo code guys! :D

Needed something from UK, so had to open it!

Any general(common) consensus as to how their service is??

sohail99 said:
Just opened my shop and ship account for $5!! Thanks a lot for the promo code guys! :D

Needed something from UK, so had to open it!

Any general(common) consensus as to how their service is??

They offer the best services...ICC is also good but they charge customs charges almost double to what Aramex takes...

Also heard that ICC doesnt give any tracking no. once it gets shipped although they gave me for the item I got through them

Ya the good thing about Aramex is customs is at actuals, you will get the customs receipt along with the shipment. So far I am impressed, though there have been delays with my last two shipment, but that was mainly due to the climate in UK and Christmas holidays I guess.

One other thing is they won't round off the weight, even if it comes to around 0.53kg you will still have to pay 18 USD. :p

^ After all they have to make money somewhere, ICC guys make money by charging you more in customs(and not providing actual custom invoice) while Aramex guys are honest w.r.t to customs and charge shipping at actuals.

BTW does anybody know why shipping of used/refurbished mobiles attract penalty if shipped to india (was mentioned in their FB page) ?

^^ Even other couriers like DHL or FEdex charge Rs. 250 - 300 as handling charge if they have to clear your shipment through Customs and pay customs duty. They do not provide the Customs uty challan by default - you have to ask for it ad it will be mailed or faxed to you.
Aramex is very fair in that respect.

^ I asked Aramex about this and they replied saying

A used item is not allowed to be shipped into india.Its a obligation laid by the government. If detained, it have have a penalty.which ranges anywhere above 30 %.No where in the item/invoice or anywhere on the package should it be mentioned as used/refurbished/or any other such term.

Back