ICC shopabroad online

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
irfanlai said:
Can anyone explain all options in deatail. It will be great help.
i have explained everything in detail

what do you want to know

ask specific questions

I have purchased

Seagate FAT+ from seagate US

2* watches (one amazon & other Newegg )

Davidoff Cool water 3.4oz Men amazon

others which i dont recall right now

Recently learned the hard way when duty of 550 was taken on a Remington hair straighter of 800

Customs assessed it of 2000

Has got it through aramex and gave a big surprise to me

Best option with ICC is

First take a quote through their website

http://www.shopabroadonline.com/onlinecalc.asp

save it

then ask for a duty free quote

you will be surprised that it will be higher than normal duty paid quote

mail them and call them and haggle

If you ordered before and quote asked is expensive like watch or above $ 70/80then they might give you further reduction in shipping cost

try it out you will know what i am saying

dr.sankhadeep said:
thanks kuduku for the help....
reps and likes are always welcome

thatsashok

Adept
Feb 7, 2011
Nashik / AP
@kuduku can you clarify me on this point

thatsashok said:
Is their PPO service(aka just ship) similar to Aramex?

Do we get a personalized address or is it something like a PO box. I find that many sellers on ebay do not ship to P.O boxes etc.

kuduku

Skilled
Dec 9, 2007
thatsashok said:
@kuduku can you clarify me on this point
yes

you get a NY address

250 West 40th Street

8th Floor

New York, NY 10018

Tel: 212-398-0780

the mail they send

When you purchase items from U.S. companies that you want shipped to India, please use the shipping address below along with your name PPO Number AND Unique Package number:

Shipping Address to Use:

XXX 'Unique Package Number'

250 West 40th Street

8th Floor

New York, NY 10018

Tel: 212-398-0780

How to get your Unique Package Number?

We require each package you send via PPO to have a Unique Package number along with your PPO number for tracking purposes. You will receive your unique package number immediately when you submit the details of your package on our online form at: http://www.iccworld.com/packagealert.asp.

* Please note, not including this this number will result in a delay in receiving your package. Each number can only be used once and for a single package.

copy pasted from queries i had raised in JAN from their team leader

shipping and taxes for PPO

The shipping charges will be - $16 + 17% fuel surcharge + 10.3% service tax.

Duty - $15 + 15% service fees on duty + 10.3% service tax on service fees.

If shipping $16 and duty $15

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ mods merge all my post together for easy assimilation

Parv

Adept
Jan 16, 2010
Bangalore
Gaurish said:
Hey guys,

Please be careful while registering on this site. They seem to be storing passwords in plaintext. so don't use the same password you use on other sites.
What do you mean by storing passwords in plain text?

I already registered yesterday before you posted with my general password, though it's not my transaction password, but still :(

What should I do now?

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
Is there any fixed a/c fee like ShopNShip...

Also is it safe to provide those details on the Credit Authorization form since it could be misused by any employee at their end...

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
kuduku said:
sample CC authorization pdf to be filled and sent to them

when you ask for a quote

Welcome To Shop Abroad Online

in promo code or anywhere write

GIVE DUTY FREE QUOTE

aim is they should see it

they will mail you order number with only shipping + product cost

it will be in $

product cost $50

weight 450gms

shipping + taxes $15

total $65

$15 is just an example

I have observed from last one year that they charge this much only for smaller packages even if its less than 1kg

sometimes works cheaper than GEB with coupons also

You fill the pdf , write order number , amount in $ ( the quote they gave ) , CC details , sign it and upload it

works when ICC buys on your behalf

works only with CC as far I know

you can call and check

0224246800 ask shop abroad
First of all, thanks for jotting this down for us. Though I have a couple of questions:

1. By filling the form we are giving all the CC details to ICC world. In practicality the CCV number. Is this safe. Since the order is a once type use. Also we do expose our CCV number to vendors when they swipe it. Any other way it can be misused.

2. When this PDF mechanism is used. What other charges are levied on the buyer. Usually is it ONLY the shipping..? Which would be volumetric weight.

3. After how long do they tell you that the authorization form has been honored and the debit went through.

4. How many of these type of purchases you have done.

5. An minimal $$$ amount cut-off limit.

Reason I am asking these questions, cause it opens up most of the US retail outlets for shopping, but at the same time exposes our CC details.

Oct 28, 2006
kolkata,wb
no account fee.. its free u just request for a quote or generate a quote by yourself by filling appropiate details and you are done. u dont have to buy membership like aramex.

Oct 28, 2006
kolkata,wb
KUDUKU bro please answer our queries...since u have used the duty free service please enlighten us...

as far as i know the icc is a big company they have offices all over india. the guy whom i talk with ( mr.sanjay ghosal) is a good person and very professional. guys u can call customer care and ask their higher authorities about the duty free matter

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
I've been using ICC World for quite sometime and never knew about the Duty Free part. Thank you Kuduku for the info. I requested for duty free quote yesterday as per kuduku's post but yet to receive it.

asingh said:
1. By filling the form we are giving all the CC details to ICC world. In practicality the CCV number. Is this safe. Since the order is a once type use. Also we do expose our CCV number to vendors when they swipe it. Any other way it can be misused.

2. When this PDF mechanism is used. What other charges are levied on the buyer. Usually is it ONLY the shipping..? Which would be volumetric weight.

Reason I am asking these questions, cause it opens up most of the US retail outlets for shopping, but at the same time exposes our CC details.

1. This is my primary concern as well. Will it be possible to give a Virtual Credit Card from HDFC for this purpose? Or will they be able to charge only a physical card?

2. I guess they would charge the full cost of item + shipping to India in USD itself so the exchange rate will be much higher too. ( Bank surcharge etc )

Oct 28, 2006
kolkata,wb
even u can calculate the cost with the cost calculator on their site..check the site

yes they can use promo code.. while filling up the order form, in the promo code box write the newegg promo code and they will quote u using the code.... i bought my dominator gt using a promocode 6 months back..

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
Just registered myself & applied for the US PPO address which was instantly provided..

Its for NY so NY tax would be applicable for every purchase...