ICC World - Feedback Thread

Did you have any issues with SnS? There are many reports of thefts on packages shipped by USPS

I personally didn't have any issues with either SNS or PPOBox recently. I do know of at least 5-6 different people who packages have turned up empty and SNS refused to accept them. I had left them becuase of 2 previous instance of my packages being lost. Though they did refund me for those but their long process was a PITA.
With PPOBox, one of my packages was stuck for good 15 days. I think it was last of the packages to be cleared before this whole debacle started.

Since 15th June, I haven't bought anything from US. I was now thinking to switch back to SNS but their horror stories are even worse these days so don't know what to do. I am contemplating getting an IEC myself and start using USPS to get the stuff delivered straight to Delhi and see what is it like to deal with customs directly. If things seem uncomplicated, I might start providing this service to others as well and charge 150-200 as customs clearance fees like these companies do. The only problem in this case is that local shipping charges will get added for people from cities other than Delhi and then it won't be economical for them. I am sure if I can send a certain no of packages a month then the local courier companies can give me a good deal, but till then, local shipping is the Achilles heel in my endeavour.

Has anyone contacted them in the past two days?

Trying their contact no in Mumbai. No one seems to answer them!

Now that you mention it , I got an
Package desp from ny on aug 15 . I haven't got the invoice yet. I mailed them requesting for inv on aug 16, no response to my email .

I
Package desp from ny on aug 15 . I haven't got the invoice yet. I mailed them requesting for inv on aug 16, no response to my email .
I too called them by phone and email .but, no response from them.[DOUBLEPOST=1376736885][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone contacted them in the past two days?

Trying their contact no in Mumbai. No one seems to answer them!

I mailed to the email id you stated but no response yet.

I called iccworld and asked them what's happening ? They have no idea. I asked the Lady on phone is ppobox company there or or they run away,,,she said they are very much there.n she will try to contact them and have them call me.

I got a package dispatched from NY on the 12th. I`ve tried to get someone on the phone. Yet, No one seems to answer it. Very patchy CS team they got there!

I called 40641090 now and some guy anuj spoke.
It seems now, they will not send invoice in advance , items will take 7-10 days for clearing. On asking why these changes have not been informed, he said we have sent mail.
They way he was talking,the tone of his speech, was like he was doing an great obligation talking to me.

I called 40641090 now and some guy anuj spoke.
It seems now, they will not send invoice in advance , items will take 7-10 days for clearing. On asking why these changes have not been informed, he said we have sent mail.
They way he was talking,the tone of his speech, was like he was doing an great obligation talking to me.

I don`t think they`re sending the invoices in advance now. They`re taking 5-7 days after the item is dispatched from NY.

How did you manage to get through to them? I`ve tried like 10-15 times for the past couple of days.
Their CS must be the biggest bunch of arrogant c**ts, you`ll ever speak to. Most of them think they`re working Apple or Google, judging by their tone![DOUBLEPOST=1376752713][/DOUBLEPOST]Got an invoice for $225 Mobile Phone.
Looks like they`ve started charging Service Tax.

Item Actual Weight Including Volumetric (lbs.): 1.06

ICC Shipping, Handling & Clearance Fees: Rs. 876
Customs Duty: Rs. 1,708

Service Tax: Rs. 108.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Due: Rs. 2,692

Last edited:
It seems to be the end of PPOBox for me. Their CSR clearly mentioned that from now on they have no say in customs evaluation even if a genuine invoice is provided and even if that invoice is sent by the seller inside the package.

Have they started charging customs on Indian market price of the item or are they still charging customs based on the Invoice provided and are they still providing packages in sealed condition ?

Have they started charging customs on Indian market price of the item or are they still charging customs based on the Invoice provided and are they still providing packages in sealed condition ?

On Indian MRP according to my chat. Actually they don't have any control now so you are at the mercy of customs officials.

On Indian MRP according to my chat. Actually they don't have any control now so you are at the mercy of customs officials.
That's really bad :( , their service was better than the others only because of the surety of the customs duty charged which were pretty nominal.

The rule is "Customs duty is ALWAYS charged at Indian MRP if the product is available in Indian market". So, if you buy a Captivate/Vibrant for 50$ you will be charged duty at the rate of Indian MRP of Galaxy S.
These forwarding companies actually get things cleared by bribing Customs people. But I think somehow they got caught and now actual duty assessment has been started.

The rule is "Customs duty is ALWAYS charged at Indian MRP if the product is available in Indian market". So, if you buy a Captivate/Vibrant for 50$ you will be charged duty at the rate of Indian MRP of Galaxy S.
These forwarding companies actually get things cleared by bribing Customs people. But I think somehow they got caught and now actual duty assessment has been started.

No, they got through by never declaring almost 80% or most of the stuff. That's why boxes were sealed and all.

The Indian mrp is used a reference when duty is actually paid.. I. E. Via dhl/FedEx, parcels and sealed phone boxes are opened and checked..

No, they got through by never declaring almost 80% or most of the stuff. That's why boxes were sealed and all.

The Indian mrp is used a reference when duty is actually paid.. I. E. Via dhl/FedEx, parcels and sealed phone boxes are opened and checked..

True , that's how ppo made money , customs collected from us was never paid towards duty. Its a wonder they could pull it off for nearly an year

Back