ICS comming to SGS-2 on 15th march 2012

To get the best battery life from S 2 using ICS, flash your phone with HydraH20 rom (v1.1.2), and then flash the latest Siyah kernel (v3.2.3).
Reboot to recovery and goto Kernel features and set profile to battery saving.
Reboot phone and set the min CPU value to 25MHz and the governor to OnDemand.
Then install ExTweaks and adjust the GPU frequency to 66,200,400 (vcore to 800,950,1100 respectively).
Will this affect any performance?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

has anyone tried paranoid-android CM9 ? saw a video review and it looks good.

^^^ have tried Paranoid android. Did not find that rom to be very stable. Did face a few FC's.

No it will not affect performance.
If you want to further fine tune, then you can raise or lower the load threshold for the cpu or gpu.

^^^ have tried Paranoid android. Did not find that rom to be very stable. Did face a few FC's.

No it will not affect performance.
If you want to further fine tune, then you can raise or lower the load threshold for the cpu or gpu.

Hydra is the most stable ROM so far? How about NEATRom and HydrogenICS. I've tried the latter but had some issues so want to try something better.

Havent tried NEATRom. Tried HydrogenICS, it used to be my daily driver untill recent updates caused a few FC's.
Since then have shifted to HydraH2O and Siyah 3.2.3.
Choose between Hydra and CM9 (I prefer Hydra cuz it comes with few xtra things)

To get the best battery life from S 2 using ICS, flash your phone with HydraH20 rom (v1.1.2), and then flash the latest Siyah kernel (v3.2.3).
Reboot to recovery and goto Kernel features and set profile to battery saving.
Reboot phone and set the min CPU value to 25MHz and the governor to OnDemand.
Then install ExTweaks and adjust the GPU frequency to 66,200,400 (vcore to 800,950,1100 respectively).

How much battery life are you getting with this? How is the performance?

How much battery life are you getting with this? How is the performance?
Performance is awesome. When in sleep the proccy is down at 25MHz and when reqd by apps, its gets out of that state. No lags.
On the GPU front, all depends on what load thereshold you have set to change the GPU states.

With average use (read 3-4hrs of music, 30-45 mins of surfing, and 3G sync (push) activated on 4 accounts) i get around 2 days.
With heavy use like 5-6 hrs of gaming + the above mentioned things, it lasts more than a day.

Performance is awesome. When in sleep the proccy is down at 25MHz and when reqd by apps, its gets out of that state. No lags.
On the GPU front, all depends on what load thereshold you have set to change the GPU states.

With average use (read 3-4hrs of music, 30-45 mins of surfing, and 3G sync (push) activated on 4 accounts) i get around 2 days.
With heavy use like 5-6 hrs of gaming + the above mentioned things, it lasts more than a day.

That's fantastic ! Wish I could get something similar on my Note.

Pics or it din't happen! I doubt it's possible to get that kind of battery life on stock battery!

bought one yesterday and it came with 4.0.3 preloaded:yahoo:

55UOm.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-29-06-33-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-29-06-33-05.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 115
25k local market

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Looks like 4.0.3 update is online now for both non-g and g versions.....

India official ICS for both i9100 and i9100G are live on kies.

Same, Kies never works for me. Any method to do it with odin ?

Back