IEMs:HiFiMan RE-252- price drop , AKG K340 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
strategy said:
mids - treble ...head direct started with two IEMs viz. RE1 and 0 ...respectively ..now they are closing the gap one by one ( increasing the bass quality along the way)

re0 ...............great highs, above average mids || bass quantity level 1
re1 ...............great mids, above average highs || bass quantity level 2
re252 .......... great highs, good mids || bass quantity level 3
re262 ...........great mids, good highs || bass quantity level 4

...going by their formula the re272 will have great mids and great treble with bass quantity level 5!! ...aka perfect IEM.

Not really how I'll describe their signature, but I get what you want from RE-272 :eek:hyeah:. But, you left out the ZERO. So, you have already reached bass quantity level 5 with RE-262 :p

As for 30-day EMI, let me check if I have any balance left in the bank first :ashamed:. Where are the loan telemarketers when I need them? :mad:

@Faheem,

Hope something works out and the seller is able to trace it. Or at least, you get some kind of a refund. If you do get a refund, (2 x 252) + (1 x 10) + some more time = do I see UM Mage? ;)

There's so much I wanna write but it's going to be all OT in a market thread :ashamed:. Anyways here we go.

RE-0, RE-1 were never the first two IEMs from Head-Direct :p If I am not wrong RE-2 was among the first or launched along with the RE-0/RE-1. They haven't been following any pattern exactly but maybe just experimenting with the sound and mainly working with the feedback from reviewers,customers etc. Most probably that's the reason RE-zero came into being . Similarly RE-262 would most probably be based on the feedback from RE-252 users. I would have loved to buy one but the amping part is a deal breaker for me . Till about 4-5 months back ,I really wanted to get my hands on a Pico Slim /Alo RX/Arrow 12HE. But now Ive started feeling PMP+amp+ IEM is too much of a hassle for me as I will be carrying 2 phones with me as well.Also in todays market I personally feel a 20k-ish IEM which doesn't need an amp should most probably be better than a 10k IEM +10-15k amp.

Regarding my TF10s, I do have the customs form number which can usually be used to get info from the USPS site.Though it doesn't show complete tracking info ,it atleast shows that the parcel was accepted by USPS . In my case it just doesn't show anything on USPS/Indian post site .Paying a visit to the main Foreign Post Office also didn't yield anything.They tried helping to the best of their potential but couldn't find anything in the system .So the only thing I can assume right now is it never made it to India.

The seller is looking into the matter and will be lodging a formal complaint with USPS this week.If things work out (very rare chances :( ), she will get the TF10 back and will re-send it or else I need to completely forget about it . I can't insist on a refund from the seller cause I was the one to select Priority Mail as shipping method .Nevermind , I guess a lesson to learn from.A lesson which turned out to be too expensive :p

Esantosh , Even if the TF10 do arrive , I have no plans to upgrade.Will stick to it .The money I am collecting right now is for a new phone .I sold my iPhone 2G few months back and now finding it difficult to live with a crappy Nokia . At times I do feel like pulling the trigger and going straight for a UM Mage or used JH13 , but the thought of losing a 30-40k IEM scares me to death. If anything goes wrong I will never be able to afford a new one and might not be able to get back to some mid level IEM. Its best I avoid the sweet poison till I start earning for myself ;).

Shouldn't the first post and thread title be corrected? You put one 252 on sale, sold two and the title still reads "RE-252 price drop" and the first post still reads "Price drop" + warranty. Did you take over the exclusive RE-252 dealership? :S :p

^ Yes they are :).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

esanthosh said:
Shouldn't the first post and thread title be corrected? You put one 252 on sale, sold two and the title still reads "RE-252 price drop" and the first post still reads "Price drop" + warranty. Did you take over the exclusive RE-252 dealership? :S :p
Corrected saar :p

Bump for the AKG 340s ! These sound pretty good .. not the neutral/analytical types but musical with lots of bass and good detailing .:p Grab it guys , Prefer local mumbai buyers so that they can try it before buying .

^ err maybe you should first get yourself checked by an ENT if you have any specific problems related to ear cause usually if you take proper care IEMs wont cause any problems . I am myself using lots of different IEMs for more than 2-3 years now about 2-3 hrs every day (on an average). No issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back