Audio IEMs to go wth Nationite SFlo2

Couldn't really find anything better than sflo2 for music capabilities so I am all set on it.

The discomfort is in selection of earphones to pair with the sflo2.

Can spend like 5K for them but since I won't be changing the combination again so I want to have your opinion before I settle on something.

Head direct RE0 is the one thats coming to my mind. The only downside I see is the lack of bass. I sometimes like to have a good mount of groove in few of the tracs I listen to. Also users have reported some kind of thinness of sound with them.

RE zero which s not too different isn't too different and costs even more.

What options do you think I've ?

Also thinking on comfort lines, comply foam tx400 is what I am thinking of but the recurring cost is a big downer. What alternatives do you guys suggest ?

I have used re0 and currently using re1

i must say re1 is musical and re0 is boring but analytical(very thin sound)

re0 wud pair up well with sflo2 cant say about re1

for me it gives out enough bass for pop hip hop RnB(though not a bass heavy)

both re0 and re1 are gud in certain areas

u can also wait for upcoming re262 and re242($70) which will come to market in sep(probably)

RE 1 is good but not many like the sound signature of it ( laid back) and its a power hungry monster .I doubt whether SFLO2 can power it up properly.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RE ZERO is not similar to RE 0 both are different league all together .RE ZERO has a bit better bass compared to the RE0 and its an balanced IEM.

I have never used the comply tips ,but for me the Head-Direct Bi flanges are best in isolation and comfort.

PS:Never say you will not change the combination or upgrade the IEM's once you are bitten by head-fi your ears want better music and it keeps going on and on :p

M2 is no more in stock. I was buying the bndle but my bad luck, everything was sold out.
Also I am nit a bass had, i just like bass sometimes. I prefer detail.

^ Be prepared to get irritated by its twitchy touchscreen and UI. Its more of a play and leave kind of PMP so if you frequently look for songs, you will be in for one heck of a shock. its SQ is very good though.

You could also have a look at the Klipsch S4.

Metalspree said:
PS:Never say you will not change the combination or upgrade the IEM's once you are bitten by head-fi your ears want better music and it keeps going on and on :p

YUP u said it

universal truth

I would have loved to compare the klipsch( i have them ) and M2, but sadly i missed the combo ....though i can tell you about the S:Flo and s4 combo in a few days ...my m1 bundle is incoming!!

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Metal dude, sflo2 is quite powerful device. People are driving 600ohm headphones with ease.
Trust me sushant, it CANNOT drive a 250ohm hp. Hell what am i even saying. Impedence is not the only factor, you have to check the sensitivity also. And if driving them means that you can hear music from them, then yes they can drive a 10000ohm HP. Lol

Driving them and driving them well are two different things. :eek:hyeah:

So let alone a 600ohm. :hap5:

On your query about which IEM would go best with your Sflo2, I've tried a bunch of IEMs with my sflo2(from westone um3x, right down to the re0) and understood one thing about the nature of the sflo2. They emphasize on detailing. The Sflo2 will bring out the lows, mids, highs out of any earphone(cuz i did hear a bass from the RE0, not a boomy one like the ne6/ne7 but something in the likes of 200$ IEMS). But if your choice of IEM has sibilance, DON'T even think about it. Feed your sflo2 a detailed iem, and it will bring out the musicality in your songs.

So if you want to enjoy your sflo2, get an IEM which offers a lotta detailing.
You might have to stretch your budget a bit but getting the M1/M2/S4/blah blah blah is not doing justice to the player. :no:

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Name the iems then my friend.
How would i know which IEM you would like?????????

Which ones have you tried?

Ok, lemme try making it easy for ya........ name a few iems you like for all factors other than sound(cuz you've not heard it yet.) like looks, reviews, comfort, brand or watever turns you on.

And i'll try giving you my best pick from the ones you like.

I also wanna say(and don't take this the wrong way), try and increase your budget a bit my friend.
Like you said, the sflo2 is very powerful, so why not give it something you couldn't get outta a fuze or a clip+ ;)

sid1712 said:
^ Be prepared to get irritated by its twitchy touchscreen and UI. Its more of a play and leave kind of PMP so if you frequently look for songs, you will be in for one heck of a shock. its SQ is very good though.

You could also have a look at the Klipsch S4.
Hahahahaa..........sad but true.
The way i use it is just select All files and let it play on shuffle.
Or go in Directory by Directory and play an entire album at one go.

^ Yeah me too . I also create folders which helps to an extent but still, makes me want to throw my player at the wall sometimes. I've learnt to live with it though (its only been a few days since i got mine) , just play a song, put on your headphones and just get on with it.

bennysachdev said:
How would i know which IEM you would like?????????

Which ones have you tried?

Ok, lemme try making it easy for ya........ name a few iems you like for all factors other than sound(cuz you've not heard it yet.) like looks, reviews, comfort, brand or watever turns you on.

And i'll try giving you my best pick from the ones you like.

I also wanna say(and don't take this the wrong way), try and increase your budget a bit my friend.
Like you said, the sflo2 is very powerful, so why not give it something you couldn't get outta a fuze or a clip+ ;)
Dude, if you ask me, I haven't tried anything of that sort before. I mean in the PMPs/IEMs. I own a pair of Sennheiser cx500 and want more than that. The bass is real good but I can compromise on that, if that promises me better fidelity.

And Budget is really constrained. I don't think I should be spending more than 5K for IEMs. Its 5 times more than what I've told my wife :p

Cummon, not even 5K is good enough for a good enough sound ? :(

I do not want to go for the headphones since I'll primarily use these while sleeping.

Under 5k , RE-0 is the best you can get. They do need an amp to shine but I think Sflo 2 might be an exception and will be able to drive them .Keep in mind RE-0 are extremely detailed but very neutral IEMs.Its what some people describe as dry /analytical sound. If that is not what you like than your next best option is Brainwavz M2.It has a good bass & beautiful midrange- more musical than RE-0 ;) Only treble won't be as good as the RE-0 .

Back