Audio IEMs to go wth Nationite SFlo2

^ Sansa Fuze is a great player. But you would need an amp to get the best out of RE0. You could go for a Fuze + RE-Zero combo.

I don't mind going that way (Fuze + RE ZERO). My mind is kinda getting screwed up due to the mad reviews of SFlo2. It still is the best sounding player, it seems; I am just scared of the horror stories about the bad UI and players going dead without any reason.

Was thinking of Ipod touch but it looks more like show off and less content.

Then thought of Clip Plus and Fuze. Liked the fuze for its design. Also Rockbox will be little helpful.

All I don't want is a chain of components like player -> DAC -> Amp -> Phones.

I just need one stop solution. Player -> IEMs. :(

well, just to add something to the mix, why don't you try Soundmagic PL-50.trust me they might be cheaper than the others but have a very good musical detailed sound.I used to own them and can vouch for it's build, comfort and SQ.Even i used to sleep while wearing them and had no problems whatsoever. No microphonics even when not wearing over the ear.It would be a nice step into the hifi IEM world and you'll easily be satisfied for around 6 months or so.Maybe till then you will be able to collect enough to enter the really high gifi territory.

Frankly from my pov, it is a journey which should be undertaken by an audiophile, for only then will you be able to truly appreciate the levels of detail the high-end IEMs can produce.

^ Good suggestion, PL-50 is pretty good .Right there with the RE-2 , NE6 etc just a different sound signature .Anyone who's liked the PL-30 will love this provided they get a good fit :)

I am kinda not comfortable buying the Soundmagic stuff. They look a little awkward. (bad argument, I know :p)

Also I do not want to keep hopping over new stuff every 6 months or so. Although I do agree its kinda necessary to actually know what are you gaining (or loosing).

At this moment, I want to settle this for at least few years (may not be true but thats what I intend to do ATM).

So what it is ? Still S:Flo2 and RE2 or Fuze (Rockboxed) + RE ZERO or ......(suggest me brothers).

As someone already pointed out ,Sflo is more of like press the play button and forget it kinda of player.The only selling point is pure audiophile quality and nothing else. With a RE-2 ,I really dont think it will make a huge difference but something like RE-0 /RE-zero it will be worth it.

Actually PL-50 ,RE-2,NE6 etc won't be the best since you can easily get a Brainwavz M2 for 2.5-3k once MP4nation has it back in stock and its a level above all the other IEMs in its price.

You need to decide for yourself about the player as well as IEMs , all the pros and cons are in front of you .

Yupp i agree. Thinking of the major usage, before I sleep, I just start a playlist and then be done with it. Sometimes i do change the equalizers for few songs though...

I am fine with shoddy UI of the SFlo2 but the only thought of it going bad is kinda killing me.

And yes I am waiting for the M2s to come back. That bundle was just too good. I was just waiting for my salary and when it came, the M2s were gone. :(

I hope they keep the bundle going on for a while.

Took me 2 days to get the flo up and running properly but after that, i havnt had any problems. Heck, i am even getting used to scrolling through songs (making folders helps a lot though).

Its sound is good, battery life is mediocre ( ~ 8 hours), has a 3.5" screen which according to me has decent sensitivity (comparable to the samsung corby's. Only the UI is a bit slow so it locks up sometimes if you try to go too fast), costs 6k (2gb one), has a line out and IMO has a decent build so i personally love it.
The reason i bought the flo was to just play songs and watch occasional movies. Thats it and i havnt been disappointed. If you want a better PMP then the fuze / D2+ are good bets (incidentally, even the D2+ has a decently powerful amp. Not as powerful as the flo but still can drive more cans/IEM's than the sansa's) since They have better UI's and more features.

But be ready to download loads of flac/320kbps mp3's since those IEM's and the flo will reveal flaws in 128/192kbps mp3's.

I guess I am going with Sansa Fuze. UI is important to me and I do want to tinker with the equalizer settings sometimes.

This question is about Fuze.

How good can they be, with RE-0 ? How much bad are they, in comparison to SFlo2 ?

I am trying to save few bucks here. Thinking of getting the 4GB version. What do you guys suggest ? I am all confused.

^ The Fuze can drive the RE-0 but not to its full potential , a good amp is highly recommended between the RE-0 and Fuze.If you really need to stick to neutral sound signature ,another option would be to get a RE-Zero since it doesn't require an amp . If not , Brainwavz M2 is your next best option. :)

Arey leave the full potential. 95% is good enough :p

I have never heard FUZE before so need your opinions. I guess you sold one lately so you can comment. Also what's the deal with the rockbox thing ? Does that void warranty ? And does it really enhance the sound signature ?

Depending on the volume you generally hear at, fuze might not be "loud enough". Rockbox has a better interface and much better EQ settings. I haven't found any difference in SQ. But that might be just me.

By the way Fuze wont even give you 60-70% of RE-0s potential , forget 95 :p. Rockboxing Fuze doesnt void warranty as such and no it doesn't enhance the sound signature also but adds more than dozen options to tweak the sound and some really complicated EQ settings as well .

But the thing is, no true audiophile will ever touch the eq.

I mean the sound of the sflo2 is so good that i prefer it with the eq off and i'm sure you would too after you get an RE0 / RE Zero.

The EQ somehow just takes away the naturalness of the music and starts enhancing on whatever area of the eq your boosting.

And boosting EQ will only suit the specific genre(like more bass for trance/hip hop, more mids and treble for rock/pop), when you listen to another genre, you would have to go and change the EQ again for that genre. A player with a good sound quality, you don't have to worry about these small things :D . Just kick back, keep the EQ off and let it play music for you the way it should.

^ I used to also think that using EQ deteriorates the Sound quality but no audiophiles uses it and all is crap :p. If you end up having a earphone or headphone which isn't completely neutral or as per your taste you do feel the need to use slight EQ here and there. Infact I myself need to reduce the 10Khz gain to reduce the sibilance on D2000 and at times increase the midrange freqs. by a notch to get better vocals / mids. :) . IMO a slight EQ here and there doesn't hurt if it enhances your listening experience.

This totally depends on the player as well. In my case Foobar EQ works wonders. The EQ on Fuze stock firmware is crap whereas the one on rockbox again helps quite a lot .

So again back to the question. I need slight tweaking here and there. So Fuze or SFlo2 ? Benny can you comment on how much better is the SFlo2 when compared to Fuze ?

I still want to go for the Sflo2 but I do not want to risk my investment so just trying to play safe.

Back