Car & Bike India: Petrol and Diesel Discussion Thread

It won't be long before they start blaming dinosaurs and other fossils for moving out to Middle East, Siberia, heck even Africa.
Heard they are planning to file a petition in UN to notify dinosaurs as anti-national since it ignored India and hurt our cultural sentiments!!
And Nehru was responsible for asking those fossils to skip India.

Last edited:
Shyam Rangeela's last video on petrol prices was savage. Just shows how much dealers are sh*+ scared of reporting hike in prices so that supplies are not affected.

I and my friends haven't gone to a long drive in over an year now. At first it was mostly due to pandemic but now that things have settled we still don't go because in a way we're protesting the fuel prices. I hardly spend 700-1kRs a month on fuel now, where it used to be 3k+ on average when the prices were lower.

Abhi tak bas sehte hi aa rahe hai.
Cauliflower in my market costs ₹140/kg.
These high rates are due to off-season nature for Cauliflower. But even otherwise, farmers get nothing while consumers pay through the nose. Recently same thing happened with Chilli farmers where the mandi rate was just 7-8/kg whereas it was 50/kg last year. The contract labor charges 3/kg just for harvesting. People who can't understand the reason why those specific farmers are protesting, this is the reason why. MSP crops which are procured by the government is the only sustainable method for a lot of farmers. Only a select few who can grow and then sell their produce directly at high prices, are not dependent on the Mandis and MSP. Most of the farmers who don't grow MSP crops which are directly/indirectly procured by government are very poor and remain under debt mostly. Just today I received a video of a fellow farmer who showed how the middleman was only paying 2500 for 100kgs of cotton when the govt mandated MSP was 5800. But since the govt isn't doing the procuring, hence the middleman is giving a rate of his choice.

But even otherwise, farmers get nothing while consumers pay through the nose.
My brother's friend belonged to a family of farmers. He was an average student but decided to quit college after 12th and get into the farmer business. He could still get a decent job at a BPO but instead chose the farming career.
When confronted after an year or 2 (around 7 years ago) about why he chose this path and does it earn him well, he said they sold tomatoes at 2-3re per kg and sold in hundreds. In the market it was 10Rs/kg at the time. Every tomato is handpicked. And almost everything they earn goes towards taking care of the farm itself. Profits? 2-3k per month mainly coming from fruits.
We were shocked because he could easily earn 5 times that amount in a BPO so why this work? He said if it wasn't for farmers then common man would simply starve. It is their sole responsibility to provide food to thousands of people, most of them have no greed for money or fancy stuff.

It hurts to know that the backbone of our country are suffering the most today.

These high rates are due to off-season nature for Cauliflower. But even otherwise, farmers get nothing while consumers pay through the nose. Recently same thing happened with Chilli farmers where the mandi rate was just 7-8/kg whereas it was 50/kg last year. The contract labor charges 3/kg just for harvesting. People who can't understand the reason why those specific farmers are protesting, this is the reason why. MSP crops which are procured by the government is the only sustainable method for a lot of farmers. Only a select few who can grow and then sell their produce directly at high prices, are not dependent on the Mandis and MSP. Most of the farmers who don't grow MSP crops which are directly/indirectly procured by government are very poor and remain under debt mostly. Just today I received a video of a fellow farmer who showed how the middleman was only paying 2500 for 100kgs of cotton when the govt mandated MSP was 5800. But since the govt isn't doing the procuring, hence the middleman is giving a rate of his choice.
I know this will be digressing, but the new farm laws only changes hands from middlemen to A's. Farmers dodn't get a fair price today and won't get it tomorrow. As always, the one who controls the supply controls the price, and hence, profit. I think India must the only country where our govt. is hell bent on being against the farmers, more so during distress. They cannot even recover the investments made, let alone making profits. And for govt's response that this was due to oil bonds during issued during Congress era, a study of the debt clearly shows that the actual money gov't spending on these bonds would be -1 rupee at the current rate of taxation and fuel rates.

There is low inflation as per the Govt. Data
This is from our FM who first statement is "Main pyaaz, lasan nahi khati. " After some days here statement would be "Kya hi hota hai pyaaz, lasan." The govt really has no white-paper on reviving the economy except for selling public assets. It may benefit in short-term but nothing in the long-run.
Prices will go down once the UP election is on us.
I am waiting for the Punjab elections. But I am not convinced they will do this juglery as they did with Bengal elections. They were desperate to win Bengal. Not sure about Punjab.

Back