Car & Bike India: Petrol and Diesel Discussion Thread

Yeah, the article mentions it. But at a time when there's a double whammy from Petrol and diesel prices rise, this is really not a good time to raise gas prices too. It really puts the common man's budget into a spin.

Increase in fuel resources increases inflation in every thing imaginable.

Contrary to what aam aadmi are told, govts likes inflation, so will keep on telling it is in full control will hide and fake data.
They get better tax revenues on inflated prices, show how GST & tax collection have increased, how much country is progressing, use that monies to print bigger megallomaniac level posters.

Well they don't bring petrol and diesel under gst then tax rate will reduce. All the Govt ( both state and central) to be blamed as they don't want to lose great revenue stream.

Today in Hyderabd when filling petrol it is Rs108/litre

Filled in Pune yest @109pl, now it feels like everytime I go to the pump the price is always higher.
Not only that, the cost of an LPG cylinder is now Rs.900 with the subsidy stealthily removed as well.

People are more interested in IPL and finding out how much coke was snorted by SRKs son, bread & circuses for the peasants.

Filled in Pune yest @109pl, now it feels like everytime I go to the pump the price is always higher.
Not only that, the cost of an LPG cylinder is now Rs.900 with the subsidy stealthily removed as well.

People are more interested in IPL and finding out how much coke was snorted by SRKs son, bread & circuses for the peasants.
think i get more cashback from amazon while ordering LPG than the govt subsidy. petrol was 101.66 yesterday in chennai

Man, I remember people rioted into the streets when petrol was raised from 40 to 42. Now, nobody notices the 2 rs rise. I think common people are expecting this to be temporary which is why they aren't bothered much. I, however, don't think it's a temporary thing. Slowly and surely prices can rise beyond 200. There's not much opposition to PM gang. Common elections are still 3+ years away. It's pretty much visible that bachelor puppu is on BJP's payroll.

When I was in school, there was a subject called 'Nagrik Shastra'. I think it's called civics for angreeji chatra. I remember it mentioning one point, a democracy must have good opposition party to function well. I never understood that point until now.

Man, I remember people rioted into the streets when petrol was raised from 40 to 42. Now, nobody notices the 2 rs rise. I think common people are expecting this to be temporary which is why they aren't bothered much. I, however, don't think it's a temporary thing. Slowly and surely prices can rise beyond 200. There's not much opposition to PM gang. Common elections are still 3+ years away. It's pretty much visible that bachelor puppu is on BJP's payroll.

When I was in school, there was a subject called 'Nagrik Shastra'. I think it's called civics for angreeji chatra. I remember it mentioning one point, a democracy must have good opposition party to function well. I never understood that point until now.
Wage slaves can't protest.

When India was primarily an agrarian economy, people had ample time to think about what really effected them. Problem at that time was that people protested too much at things which does not matter to them.

Now they over think about trivial, useless topics seen on social media which does not and cannot effect their life, huff puff at the sky and type angry things on their mobile, there by protest sitting on an comfy chair in front of their mobile devices.

If they protest on the streets, wage slaves will lose their livelihood.

The business-politico nexus don't have to worry about such folks than to change the screens from behind to adjust what they are seeing, so that their reactions can be controlled.
Well they don't bring petrol and diesel under gst then tax rate will reduce. All the Govt ( both state and central) to be blamed as they don't want to lose great revenue stream.

Today in Hyderabd when filling petrol it is Rs108/litre
Tax rates will reduce, then it will increase.

If we thought any govt. system is going to ignore a steady tax revenue stream, we will be mistaken.

Will just transfer tax share from state to central govt. coffers thereby dis-empowering states and take country more forward towards already imperialistic tendency.

Last edited:
I saw the rate as 109rs/liter and wasnt even shocked. then I realised idiot petrol pump wala was filling expensive petrol and not normal petrol which was 106rs. that much jaded I have become
When I read this, I wondered how would I react to this. When I filled fuel last night, I saw the rate of ₹109.24 per liter and felt indifferent. Then, I asked him if he was filling the Power branded petrol to which I was expecting to hear as a 'Yes' but to my surprise, he said 'No' and pointed the filling station of Power which had the rate of ₹112 per liter. I was speechless when I realised the Government increased the rate by ₹2 in the span of 8 days. It only reminded me of the saying, "The Rich (and the powerful) never let a good crisis go to waste"

What is more baffling is this Government and media nexus has reduced the intellect of the masses to the level of toddlers. I still faced traffic jams on my route, there were plenty of cars & bikes in the queue to refuel. Most people I met were curious about Aryan Khan or Mumbai Indians instead of discussing any of these pressing issues. At every corner, I see a new cars, bikes and new phones worth ₹50,000 for just normal calls, YouTube videos and Instagram pictures. It seems as if people just don't think before spending their money. Are the masses really incapable of rational decisions?

Last edited:
What is more baffling is this Government and media machine has reduced the intellect of the masses to the level of toddlers.
This I fully agree x100 times.

Visited India after Covid19 after ~2 years, collective IQ of people definitely have gone down at least few points.
Never expected to see such a negative change. Seems media helped a lot. /s

So the current govt seems to be not worried at all about what reaction this price rise will have on the next elections. As pointed out by many others in this thread, looks like most of the population might still vote for BJP and that seems to be the reason behind their confidence. I see a lot of people locally who are bad mouthing BJP due to this unprecedented price rise, but I hope they don't forget by the time elections arrive.

So the current govt seems to be not worried at all about what reaction this price rise will have on the next elections. As pointed out by many others in this thread, looks like most of the population might still vote for BJP and that seems to be the reason behind their confidence. I see a lot of people locally who are bad mouthing BJP due to this unprecedented price rise, but I hope they don't forget by the time elections arrive.

Mandir construction will be completed just in time, masterstroke.

With opec kepping production hikes modest, crude will only go up in the near future. opec might reconsider if crude price rise sustains. I wouldn’t be surprised if petrol/diesel rises further by a few rupees. In a country like india where less than 1% pay direct tax, reliance on indirect tax is inevitable. as a result, the poor pay more tax as a percentage of their income. And no govt. (whether bjp or congress) can do without petrol windfall. It is like dearness allowance for them.
some parties when in opposition march to the parliament in bullock carts to protest, others remain asleep at wheel.

With opec kepping production hikes modest, crude will only go up in the near future. opec might reconsider if crude price rise sustains. I wouldn’t be surprised if petrol/diesel rises further by a few rupees. In a country like india where less than 1% pay direct tax, reliance on indirect tax is inevitable. as a result, the poor pay more tax as a percentage of their income. And no govt. (whether bjp or congress) can do without petrol windfall. It is like dearness allowance for them.
some parties when in opposition march to the parliament in bullock carts to protest, others remain asleep at wheel.
Isn't it funny that this government didn't cut fuel prices when global prices were low but is raising prices the moment global prices start going up?

Back