India-Sri Lanka test Series Thread

Caught the highlights during lunch break. Lanka would have been all out by now if they had taken two catches that were offered by Jayawardene. :\

Sreeshanth is back with the bang though.

Last second addition : Jayawardene finally out :D

M @ the office so didnt watch a single ball.....I wanted to know if the pitch has actually deteriorated or is it that the Lankans are playing lousy cricket ?

manu1991 said:
People will stop watching test matches if they make such crappy pitches . Now India will score 600+ , then SL 700+ and a draw .
Hehe... Not this time mate.. You got it all wrong.. :tongue:

From the little action that I caught online, It doesnt appear like the pitch has deteriorated a lot although it isnt as easy paced for sure. SL should have done better.

manu1991 said:
If a pitch is very good for batting in the first two days and becomes very good for bowling in the last 2 , its still bad since it means that the team getting to bat first has a huge advantage . The pitch should play evenly and players should perform well purely on skill not on the pith assisting them .

Thats the beauty of test cricket. No pitch in the world will play the same on all 5 days. If you want similar pitch on all 5 days you will have to play on matted pitches. Spinners will be at a disadvantage. Reverse swing will be tough to get too. In short it will be a bore.

At best an ideal pitch scenario can be like this:

Day 1 with a bit of grass which dies out by day 3. Pitch develops cracks and abrasions and starts turning. This will ensure different challenges to the teams without favouring the side batting first.

It was part lousy cricket by SL and partly beautiful spell by Sreeshanth. Guy should have had 7+ wickets if all of the catches that were offered on his bowling were taken.

That made Lankans do stupid things to other bowlers :p

Good show India, especially Sreesanth. I sure was pissed off on his selection in the team of 15 for this series. But am happy he proved me wrong.

Possibly game would be over before tea tomorrow.

Or may be by lunch time, if Sri Lankans help.

mhamirma said:
cant wait to see SL go through a follow-on and a defeat by an innings and a couple of hundred runs :)
sorry a little too over-optimistic :)

looks like i wasn't that over-optimistic. we're near to a win. just 2 wickets to go and SL trail by 207 runs :)

Third and final Test match started, and India is chasing No. 1 spot in ICC test Rankings! And Sri Lanka looking to draw levels.

Sri Lanka seems to have done pretty well to come close to 400 after winning the toss. Will our batsmen respond as well as they have done in first 2 Tests?

Tomorrow we may see Sehwag becoming first man to score 3 tripple hundreds.
What a moment that would be. :hap2:
Its unimaginable how he scores big hundreds with the nonchalant way he plays. :huh:

Forget 300, even Lara's 400 is in his grasp now, unless he does something stupid. At his rate of scoring, a little over 2 hours should be enough for him to go past Lara. Now, wouldn't that be something incredible?

If India had batted the full quota of overs in a days play, Sehwag could have gone on to score triple century in a single day of a test match and India might have touched 500. Sehwag already has the distinction of scoring the fastest triple century, that record is now in danger.

Sehwag says "I just wanted to hit the bad balls "... ya right :rofl:

Back