Indian govt pays 22.5 lakh to pakistani citizen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
No I mean from what funds did lalu sahab pay those 50 lakh? The sponsor-a-paki for a day fund or something? Why this appeasment?
I would think every person affected in the train would have got it. This guy is in the news because he got 5x the amount compared to others. Frankly, its not really news but TOI disagrees.

Now this is higher than the usual and i think thats because of the timing in 2007 where there were overtures between the two countries. And no doubt the US was the immediate beneficiary and would be the one behind it all as with Aman ki Asha.

You know this already so its for the rest. US depends on the Paks to fight in Afghanistan. US pressures Paks to do a better job on their western border. Paks don't want to so have 'independent' units trying to stoke up trouble with us. Desired effect is indian troops on their eastern border, whoops cant help with WOT we have bigger problems to sort out. 2001 parliament attack & 26/11 were due to this. The Samjhauta train bombing was to keep any peace overtures between the two away, same principle.

In fact until the US quits, we should not make any more peace overtures or its very certain there will be yet another one.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
But there was an even bigger bombing just a year back in Mumbai. Those dudes have yet to receive their share to date and these packees are provided money like its lalu's baap's jagir? Shameful isn't it?
There wasn't as overt a Pak connection with 2006 AFAIK compared to 2001 or 26/11

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Horrible state of affairs, the government is as much to blame as our juvenile media, who tried to paint this dude as some destitute beggar, without researching about the 50 lakh this dude had already been paid!
See above.

broadway said:
The way to find religious extremism is secularism. No comments on the indian version of secularism. The other way to fight religious extremism is the way china does - brute force, like gengis khan who used genocide to break and subdue his enemies.

where the hell does secularism figure here?

Its Pak vs. India

Do NOT bring religion in here!

@op --tune down the rhetoric my friend.

@ the op in the obsolete defence materials thread you made a total clot out of yourself

most of the inventory we own is russian or isreali and some it american.

you commented on my post about the lca and the insas and defended them -- i don't care if there are 8 or 9 or even an entire squadron of lca aircraft -- they are EOL and useless compared to what we have(russian made sukhois su-30mki).as for the hard earned money which goes into buying military hardware i would be happier if DOD got hold of some decent guns instead of developing some rubbish insas rifles which FAILED in kargil in 1999 --build quality was poor and the plastic body cracked in the cold. this comes from an acquaintance who was a captain in the dogra regiment and was at kargil in 1999. their unit was given ak-47s. dont talk about something you don't know.

as for the HAL Marut it was decent but not good enough and it was grounded while the mig 21 has lasted till date.

i don't mind the ministry of defence equipping our armed forces with foreign military hardware as long as its comparable or better than what china has--its my hard earned money that's being spent to buy military hardware--along with all other taxpayers--and i want the best hardware not some sentimental national pride wala chalta hain gun.

you need to take a break from CS and those war movies.

vent your frustration somewhere else or see a therapist.

i dont agree with the government paying 22 lakhs to the man a small amount to of upto 5 lakhs is ok even indian nationals don't get that much from the government in terrorist attacks. as for the kasab fiasco i feel disgusted knowing its our hard earned money that's being used to feed mr.kasab who was sightseeing in girgaum.

PEACE!!!

broadway said:
The other way to fight religious extremism is the way china does - brute force, like gengis khan who used genocide to break and subdue his enemies.
Its funny you mention china & genghiz in the same sentence as he conquered them on his way west ;)

I'm with the OP here. Many of our soldiers die every month. The govt says that it would give 5 lakh compensation. Then, it gives rather creates some dirty reason stating that he is not a martyr and died due to some private reason. Damn this country's politicians.
Did each of the Kargil war's martyrs get 75 lakh as compensation(leave alone common victims)?

I bet half that money went to a pakki terrorist organisation to train more terrorists to send to india..:mad:

A big salute to all of the guys speaking against the govt's decision. Well, its really sad to see that many people are keeping themselves active on this thread just to speak in support of pakistan or a darned pakee. I really feel sad that there are people who fight with patriots for the well being of a citizen of a country which indeed plots targets against their own country(i doubt if it's really their). Too sad.

Also, quote an instance from toi,(-let, very well said) 's history fighting for the compensation to be released for the well being of martyrs. That toi is a dirty company perhaps cheaper than even an adult magazine co.

vercetti4x6 said:
I really feel sad that there are people who fight with patriots for the well being of a citizen of a country which indeed plots targets against their own country(i doubt if it's really their). Too sad.

so hate mongering = patriotism for you now? :rofl:

Damn!! I thought leet sniper was reading my mind!

I feel EXACTLY like him. We dont need to be friends with Pakistan. What a load of bullshit! This is the Gandhian philosophy taken too far. We got screwed by them dozens of times and we still try to be friends. I blame Gandhi! He brainwashed the entire country into thinking that we need to be friends with our enemies.

Just a sidenote. I noticed this today. http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/20-years-since-all-hell-broke-157423.html#post1384779

spindoctor said:
so hate mongering = patriotism for you now? :rofl:

I wouldn't have said that if it was with respect to any other country. But, hate towards pak is an obvious feeling that comes into the mind of an Indian patriot. I don't think that an acting patriot can realize that.

vercetti4x6 said:
I wouldn't have said that if it was with respect to any other country. But, hate towards pak is an obvious feeling that comes into the mind of an Indian patriot. I don't think that an acting patriot can realize that.

patriotism is dedication and loyalty to your own country. it does not mean hatred of another country. this is a very clear distinction. as much as you want to believe it, it is not obvious or natural that you need to hate pakistan because you are patriotic.

have some compassion for the man who lost 5 children. nothing is ever going to bring them back to him. can you not find even a shred of basic human empathy for his loss? and why so much hatred for him anyway... is he a terrorist? did he choose where to be born? does being born in a certain geographic location automatically make him a bad person?

yes, there are problems in our country. people who deserve and need the help of the government. people who are dying because of poverty and sickness and terrorism. direct your ire against the bad things that the govt. does... corruption, greed, negligence. in this particular case, they actually managed to do a good thing.

patriotism is dedication and loyalty to your own country. it does not mean hatred of another country. this is a very clear distinction. as much as you want to believe it, it is not obvious or natural that you need to hate pakistan because you are patriotic.
Exactly, its the pak regime's definition of partiotism.

Why thy would be held as the std i wonder.

broadway said:
Well i guess nanking changed everything.
And your point is what ?

We are up against two regimes that could not give a damn about their own ppl. And you want us to be like them !!!

spindoctor said:

have some compassion for the man who lost 5 children. nothing is ever going to bring them back to him. can you not find even a shred of basic human empathy for his loss? and why so much hatred for him anyway... is he a terrorist? did he choose where to be born? does being born in a certain geographic location automatically make him a bad person?

yes, there are problems in our country. people who deserve and need the help of the government. people who are dying because of poverty and sickness and terrorism. direct your ire against the bad things that the govt. does... corruption, greed, negligence. in this particular case, they actually managed to do a good thing.

Yeah. I too have compassion for that man. But i don't think there was a need to give 22.5 lakh more when he was already given, a sum of 50 lakh. The same money would've seen more value if it was given to an indian perhaps one who was in a greater difficulty. The bomb blast occured due to pakistanis. So, not a sin if a pakee was not offered that money.
And coming back, patriotism indeed makes one angry when someone tries to destroy his/her country, people etc.

The same money would've seen more value if it was given to an indian perhaps one who was in a greater difficulty. The bomb blast occured due to pakistanis. So, not a sin if a pakee was not offered that money.
So they have no qualms killing thier own, but if it happens in our country their victims get compensated as anyone else here did. BTW, govt offered jobs to a family member of the any of those indians affected.

Contrast with if it crossed the border, and it was upto the Paks to compensate our ppl.

Which country looks better to you now ?

Udit said:
:rofl: India not evil :rofl:

Read... Read.... Read.....

We cannot be a Banana Republic like Pakistan... Remember we are not competing with Pakistan in terms of who is a bigger evil.. India looses there big time 'coz here sanity still prevails... ...
:bleh::bleh:

blr_p said:
So they have no qualms killing thier own, but if it happens in our country their victims get compensated as anyone else here did. BTW, govt offered jobs to a family member of the any of those indians affected.

Contrast with if it crossed the border, and it was upto the Paks to compensate our ppl.

Which country looks better to you now ?

Dude, who said Pak is a great country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back