Infy people .....

That's exactly the kind of BS that makes sure I would never want to move to companies like Infy. How the heck is a tie gonna make a difference in your day to day work? I am not even sure how it gained its place as formal wear. The original usability for neck pieces like these (before they became fashion, formal wear) was to be a handy piece of cloth for wiping sweat or cleaning dirt. Now, we don't see anyone wiping off sweat with their ties...

Tie/formal wear is important if you are a front-end person (ie need to interact with clients). It's a basic etiquette of professionalism, however companies are imposing the culture to people who don't liaise with clients too. IT companies and the new age blue chip companies are relatively lax on these rules, where I work (banking industry) we need to wear coats :p when the higher ups visit us, or if we go on a corporate client call. Now this culture will flow to an IT company, which does work for us, hence no casual Fridays for those guys too :p

in fact its quite the reverse. most us clients ( at least the ones who I worked with) had very relaxed dress codes, and people at onsite used to dress a lot more casually than the folks at offshore :p

Aces170 said:
Tie/formal wear is important if you are a front-end person (ie need to interact with clients). It's a basic etiquette of professionalism, however companies are imposing the culture to people who don't liaise with clients too. IT companies and the new age blue chip companies are relatively lax on these rules, where I work (banking industry) we need to wear coats :p when the higher ups visit us, or if we go on a corporate client call. Now this culture will flow to an IT company, which does work for us, hence no casual Fridays for those guys too :p
Thats biiiiggggg bullshit. In all my years of experience I've never seen a client who wears formals. and professionalism is not something superficial. I can show you unprofessional assh0les sitting in high position wearing full formal wear.

Americans clients -- casual
swedish clients -- casual & very very professional
british(UK) -- never interacted but I think they are casual too.
Chinese/Japanese etc -- whats a tie? heard that they expect you to work for 26hrs a day.
Indians clients -- assh0les

Umm I guess things work differently in the IT industry, but rest assured if the client is in a BFSI vertical, he surely will not dress in casuals...

Thats biiiiggggg bullshit. In all my years of experience I've never seen a client who wears formals. and professionalism is not something superficial. I can show you unprofessional assh0les sitting in high position wearing full formal wear.

Americans clients -- casual

swedish clients -- casual & very very professional

british(UK) -- never interacted but I think they are casual too.

Chinese/Japanese etc -- whats a tie? heard that they expect you to work for 26hrs a day.

Indians clients -- assh0les

LOL :D....u seem to know everything :)

I think I cannot join company with strict dress code now.

I have been going to office in T shirts, Pants/Jeans with chappals for too long.

Seriously who gives a flying duck about what you wear as long as you are doing your work properly.

Back