Infy people .....

vercetti said:
^^Lol...while I was in Mysore for my training in 2004...we used to play NFS undercover in LAN with 3-4 ppl and there were regular fragfests and nightputs playing games in the E&R buildings:)

Lucky that u didn't get busted ::p:p:p

Is Tie compulsory in Infy ?

One more Q to all Infy - Do Infy recruit if person has less then 60 % in study ?

They saw clearly in advt that below 60 % dont apply.. but what if person has good exp of 6-7 years, Do they bother for less then 60 % in one of the degree ? Are there chances that such a person is taken now then told to resign at later stage ?

Praks said:

One more Q to all Infy - Do Infy recruit if person has less then 60 % in study ?

They saw clearly in advt that below 60 % dont apply.. but what if person has good exp of 6-7 years, Do they bother for less then 60 % in one of the degree ? Are there chances that such a person is taken now then told to resign at later stage ?
Not sure about experienced guys. But we had intership training (So our course was yet to be completed)
Then after that we joined for regular extended training. They asked us to submit all our certificates for mark verification. One of the MCA/MSc. CS guys in our batch had less than 60% for core subjects (63% including language i guess). They asked him to leave the Mysore campus in 24hrs(as he has <60% in core) although he had completed the regular training successfully.

But in case of lateral appointments they will check these things before hand before they give out the offer letter i guess. (I may be wrong about later employees. So wait for more experienced employees to comment on this)

Praks said:

On Monday and tuesday Tie+full sleeve formal
Wed and Tues Half sleeve formal w/o tie
Fri casuals

don't think they would allow someone w/o 60% coz they are really strict about their rules and protocols.
But I don't know if they might slacken the rule for exemplary performance by an experienced candidate
It would take a lateral joinee to throw some light on this matter

Darthcoder said:
I got fined for not wearing a tie on my second working day, sigh.
Next month onwards, no more ties, no more shoes and can watch movies, play games do whateva at work. :p

greenhorn said:
ex infy and glad to be out
Let's see how long you last :p
Ditto :p

When I was working at the Bangalore DC in the hostel block, 4-5 of us had installed Warcraft 3 on some of the PCs there and we used to play DOTA after 6 PM. Those were the good ol days.

big big confusion here.

point no.1: I never worked for infy. NEVER... The current company that I work for has this stupid tie rule on mondays. but definitely this company is not a boarding school.

point no.2: I am not joining MS. Would love to though :D

Well, My domain is C++ and storage to be precise :D

@DC: are you at infy opp to ISB gachibowli?

Please clarify on 60 % rule of Infy..

Do they recruit experience person even if he/she has less then 60% in one of the degree ? Do they bother if person had ATKT/Failed once in the subject in 1 semester & passed in 4th sem ?

Praks said:
Please clarify on 60 % rule of Infy..

Do they recruit experience person even if he/she has less then 60% in one of the degree ? Do they bother if person had ATKT/Failed once in the subject in 1 semester & passed in 4th sem ?

As far as I understand, market works on "demand supply" rule.

If they have tight requirement; they will bend in front of you pants down :p

No man, I am in Pocharam SEZ near Uppal.
Gachibowli would be too far for me to travel daily.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Why doesnt anyone come online on the messenger? :(

Darthcoder said:
I got fined for not wearing a tie on my second working day, sigh.
That's exactly the kind of BS that makes sure I would never want to move to companies like Infy. How the heck is a tie gonna make a difference in your day to day work? I am not even sure how it gained its place as formal wear. The original usability for neck pieces like these (before they became fashion, formal wear) was to be a handy piece of cloth for wiping sweat or cleaning dirt. Now, we don't see anyone wiping off sweat with their ties...

Back