Intel Arc GPUs

For average gamers it doesn’t make sense to get an Arc Gpu despite their recent price revision,best to stick with what works for now at least.

Intel ARC A750 is being sold for Rs.23,599 on PrimeABGB as of today. Priced similar to a RX 6600 from Sapphire when it was on sale a few months back. Found this review which compares the power consumption.

I'm just curious what's everyone's opinion on the intel arc GPUs
Ignore first gen, wait for second gen cards. If Intel abandon dedicated GPU, first gen cards will be scrap as they will not optimize those cards for upcoming games. If they release second gen cards, it means that they are serious.

Somehow, I felt that Raja is over rated and over hyped. Is there any successful product that he brought to the industry?
I'm just curious what was the real reason he left, like at least make sure to see the project to the point at which it has gained some more foothold and gained a bit more stability.
Leaving it in the middle just seems pointless

I'm just curious what was the real reason he left, like at least make sure to see the project to the point at which it has gained some more foothold and gained a bit more stability.
Leaving it in the middle just seems pointless
I have two things to say about the whole debacle,
1) Raja did something similar when it came to Vega, overhyped and underdelivered. But AMD turned the ship around and RDNA cards are a solid competitor to NVIDIA even if they dont have the performance crown. Now, how much of that was Raja's groundwork and how much was the work done by his successors, that will always remains a mystery.
2) Just like the RDNA turnaround, I hope the Intel DGPU can have one too. MLID leaked a few days ago that the 4th gen codenamed druid will have a major push and all, so fingers crossed!

One thing that I have learned from working in corporate sector is that the top level executives like Raja barely have a say in how the product is designed. Unless one is as crazy about every detail as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. The teams get the ultimatum based on leader's vision. Take Dr. Lisa Su for example. When she took over, her entire focus on the main bread and butter for AMD, the CPU market. I heard that she did massive budget cut for graphics division to get CPU division in order. This is one of the reasons for AMD getting Ryzen right and probably one of the reasons why AMD almost vanished from GPU market. Her vision is to first get company competitive in CPU market and then target GPU market. Now that they nailed CPU market, they started to concentrate on GPU market.

But then he had massive budget at Intel, amazing engineering talent and time. If he gave us the current set of GPUs with all this, somehow, I feel that he is either over rated or he under-estimated the power of software drivers.

I have two things to say about the whole debacle,
1) Raja did something similar when it came to Vega, overhyped and underdelivered. But AMD turned the ship around and RDNA cards are a solid competitor to NVIDIA even if they dont have the performance crown. Now, how much of that was Raja's groundwork and how much was the work done by his successors, that will always remains a mystery.
2) Just like the RDNA turnaround, I hope the Intel DGPU can have one too. MLID leaked a few days ago that the 4th gen codenamed druid will have a major push and all, so fingers crossed!

One thing that I have learned from working in corporate sector is that the top level executives like Raja barely have a say in how the product is designed. Unless one is as crazy about every detail as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. The teams get the ultimatum based on leader's vision. Take Dr. Lisa Su for example. When she took over, her entire focus on the main bread and butter for AMD, the CPU market. I heard that she did massive budget cut for graphics division to get CPU division in order. This is one of the reasons for AMD getting Ryzen right and probably one of the reasons why AMD almost vanished from GPU market. Her vision is to first get company competitive in CPU market and then target GPU market. Now that they nailed CPU market, they started to concentrate on GPU market.

But then he had massive budget at Intel, amazing engineering talent and time. If he gave us the current set of GPUs with all this, somehow, I feel that he is either over rated or he under-estimated the power of software drivers.
Really well put together, I feel like it's the latter rather than the former.
But still I hope that intel really gets these gpus right, as more competition is lways better for us.

Arc gpu has improved so much with recent updates, I can't wait to see them beat nvidia for value gpus with their new battlemage and also provide competent video/3D/ML performance

Back