CPU/Mobo Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion Thread

Yes, it is. Check Lamington rd shops. Price is above 15k afaik.

Thanks for replying.
Are you sure about this ? Cause lamington is very far from my place but ready to go if they are there.
Also the pricing is more here than in banglore right ?

Not sure its available in Mumbai, remember a member posting its available in Bangalore...

Thanks for replying .
Yeah heard its readily available in banglore , unfortunately its not the same of mumbai , many are not able to find the K line of processors .
Hey your signature already shows you got one , from where ? .

Thanks for replying techmaster .

Hey guys is it a bad time to buy ivy bridge processors now ? . I am forced to think that they are currently overpriced due to lack of or limited supplies .
Once it is normalized the prices would be much better . Or that is wishful thinking and the sellers would maintain these prices only ? .

I badly need a core I3 -3225.Do you guys know if any retailer online (or local hyderabad retailer) is selling them currently?
This will be a 24/7 rig so reluctant to consider an I5 due to more power consumption.

Thx

I badly need a core I3 -3225.Do you guys know if any retailer online (or local hyderabad retailer) is selling them currently?
This will be a 24/7 rig so reluctant to consider an I5 due to more power consumption.

Thx

Why don't you go for Raspberry Pi based solution OR a PogoPlug solution, it will be cheaper and way more efficient than even a Core i3 based machine for a 24 x7 download RIG.

I need a powerful HTPC cum download rig. currently have a Q6600 with Nvidia 8800 GTS.I Don't want to compromise on video quality. want to upgrade because of lower power consumption(hopefully) and constant BSOD's currently which i am unable to fix.

I need a powerful HTPC cum download rig. currently have a Q6600 with Nvidia 8800 GTS.I Don't want to compromise on video quality. want to upgrade because of lower power consumption(hopefully) and constant BSOD's currently which i am unable to fix.

Still you needn't get the Core i3 always.

You can go for this configuration instead --

Intel Pentium G630 ~3500/- OR Intel Core i3 3220 ~7000/- (this is the price in Nehru Place)
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1200/- (add another module later for dual-channel advantage)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

smcinternational has the Intel Core i3 3220 listed for 7900 + 100 shipping.
I am in two minds now whether to pay the extra$$$ to satisfy my urge.
Please somebody let me know if any online retailer has it for a better price.
Thx in advance.

Back