iphone 3.1.2 unlock realeasing today -- by Geohot!

On the iPhone

Today 11/3/09 is a sn0w day. School is officially cancelled, and all your iPhones will be unlocked. Remember getting those calls?

At Noon EST, I will be making it sn0w, and I'm looking to see "#blacksn0w" trending. blacksn0w is the unlock for the latest 05.11.07 baseband, and will also enable official tethering. blackra1n, a jailbreak for 3.1.2, has been updated to RC3, with hacktivation support, 15 second speed improvement, Tiger+PPC support, and installation of the latest blackra1n.app. Here is how getting yourself some sn0w and ra1n will work.

Is it worth updating to 3.1.2 for Iphone 2G and is there a unlock + jailbreak for the same ?

I think I am on 3.0.1 right now.

@Fah33m: I want to update, but I think I'll wait for next update (3.2?). I'm currently on 3.1 and I'm not even sure if the bug which I'm facing in iTune media sync is resolved in 3.1.2.

Ideally I suppose, if it's working good and there are no certain improvements that you require then skip the update... that's what I usually think of before updating.

FaH33m said:
Is it worth updating to 3.1.2 for Iphone 2G and is there a unlock + jailbreak for the same ?

I think I am on 3.0.1 right now.

2G has always been unlockable.

And if you are unlocked once, you dont have to worry. There are always custom firmwares available that dont upgrade the baseband while upgrading the firmware.

The best source of tutorials is www.iclarified.com

ohhh gr8 ....
2day itself i was searchin all day long for the unlocking of ver 3.1.2
n here it comes ....
thanx 4 findin it man ,..

Back