Iphone 4 S Officially announced

honest1 said:
Dont get so excited, advertisements are advertisements, in real world Siri will many times comes up with "I dont understand you":bleh:

Siri works with Indian Accents too. :bleh:

Gannu said:
Siri: Apologies Rakshit but I do recognise and respond to Indian accents. :p

Rakshit (with a flummoxed look): :O I don't quite think so.

Siri: Very well Rakshit, speak for yourself then and watch the video below.

:rofl:

btw the video you posted was already posted earlier by me ;)

Pitting the iP 4S' camera alongside the SGS II, Olympus XZ-1 P&S, Canon 20D DSLR with EF-S 10-22mm lens:

Can the iPhone 4S replace a "real" digital camera? Ars investigates

Ars said:
In real life use, each camera has a mix of benefits and drawbacks. The iPhone 4 was our previous favorite in smartphone cameras, and the iPhone 4S improves on that. The lens is a bit sharper and the hybrid IR filter seems to improve color rendering and possibly white balance. The new sensor also seems to have slightly less noise, better dynamic range, and three million more pixels to work with.

The combination of an updated sensor and the dual-core A5 processor also make the iPhone 4S much faster to start up and take pictures. It was nearly as fast at launching, focusing, and snapping sequential images as the Olympus XZ-1, and certainly faster than previous compact cameras we have used.

Our overall impression from the Samsung was disappointing. Though it has an 8MP sensor and the large screen is nice for framing, its image quality never bested the iPhone 4—and in some cases didn't keep up. Also, the camera software seemed slow even compared to the iPhone 4, much less the iPhone 4S. Sometimes we weren't sure if the shutter had fired or not until moments later when the viewfinder view changed abruptly.

For snapshot purposes, the iPhone 4S is comparable to the 8MP Canon 20D when it comes to image quality. But that comparison is a little unfair—you can easily achieve better results with newer DSLRs in terms of exposure, noise, and megapixel count. What you can't do with any DSLR, though, is (again) slip it into your pants pocket. Lenses that have as bright an aperture as the iPhone 4S's f/2.4 will also either be limited to a single focal length or generally be much larger and heavier than the lightweight kit lenses that many users have.

iPhone's camera's were always superior to Sammy's devices.

iPhone 4 >> SGS
iPhone 4S > SGS II

iPhone's cameras were never just about mega pixel counts. Heck, even iPhone 3GS 3MP is far far far better than those 3MP Android phones.

With Android, upgrade was just MP count, increase in screen size & increase in battery size & mh :bleh:

Apple, you are crazy....seriously, WTF is with the pricing. I guess it has something to do with Aircel as well. I think its probably Aircell jacking up the rates a lot rather than Apple.

still aircel and airtel are making big bucks bcoz of rich idiots..

once again iphone is out of reach..
and we hoped apple would treat us equal this time around..

mav2000 said:
Apple, you are crazy....seriously, WTF is with the pricing. I guess it has something to do with Aircel as well. I think its probably Aircell jacking up the rates a lot rather than Apple.

You wouldn't believe the kind of crowd that was thronging at the Aircel customer care centre yesterday thanks to this announcement. :p

Money in India has indeed lost its value. Anyway, I am quite sure its the mobile companies making a huge margin on the Iphone 4 S rather than apple, though this pricing could not have been possible without Apple's consent. And that brings us back to why the damn Iphone cannot have an international warranty applicable in India as well. This should actually be a good case for someone who has the time to take it up in a consumer court/court of law.

avi said:
iPhone's camera's were always superior to Sammy's devices.

iPhone 4 >> SGS

iPhone 4S > SGS II

iPhone's cameras were never just about mega pixel counts. Heck, even iPhone 3GS 3MP is far far far better than those 3MP Android phones.

With Android, upgrade was just MP count, increase in screen size & increase in battery size & mh :bleh:

on a lighter note

well camera wise iPhone 4S > SGS II , with the price difference between the 2 i can buy a D3100 easily and not use up phone's battery .... :p

Offtopic: Can anyone tell where can i find such hitler videos that have come from time to time but with different subtitles everytime and i remember one of them being made by our very own TE member.

Any place where all videos are listed ?

Alright so I had a chance to fiddle with Yogi's iPhone 4S when I was at Bombay last weekend and I am terribly disappointed with the fact that Siri CANNOT recognise Indian accents. :(

We need to speak the way Americans or the Brits do it for Siri to recognise it and no matter how bad that is, she recognises it fairly well. I was so elated to try the feature out. What a bummer! I am sure the final version is not going to make a difference. Not to mention, we need to have a very good 3G service for Siri to quickly fetch data from the web.

And on top of that even if SIRI was to work perfectly with Indian accent, the novelty would die out after some time.
With pathetic EDGE connections, one would be super frustrated trying to extract the data.
And you don't want yourself to be seen in public talking to your phone. :p

OT: I had fun few days back (i think i mentioned before) when my colleague here was frustrating trying to get SIRI recognize a simple word like "Starbucks" and on top of that it was a pathetic sprint connection. :lol:
And i on the other hand joyfully pulled out my ZTE blade and using offline GPS co pilot located the starbucks before him.

I just got an iPhone 4s. Battery life is really really bad. Reminds me of s2. Siri is really cool. British English is better for Indian accent. But Siri learns very fast. Accuracy rate is now 80% for me.

Back